Why are you fat?

y question is the same as the Subject,
"Why are you fat?"

For me, I've always been a little overweight. Until I got pregnant, I was 160 and 5'5 for quite a few years. I was a little self-conscious but looking back at the pictures I don't know why. A few weeks ago I was 171 and now I'm 177.
I got fat during my pregnancy and a week after I had her, I had already lost 25 pounds. 17 pounds is a lot of fat & I never realized how much.
Oh .. & I love food and will eat anything in site.. haha.

So.. Why are you fat?

Replies

• sandyt_79
    sandyt_79 Posts: 12 Member
    Ohh I dont know. maybe because I ate too much...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I used food as a comfort
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    I wish I had a magical excuse that made it not my fault buuuuut...it's really just because I like to eat and I like high calorie foods.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Always been fat. Fat baby, fat toddler, fat child, fat teen, fat adult. Of course i got bigger as I grew up... both naturally bigger and vertically bigger? My eating was definitely a problem... that and i didn't really exercise. I would eat 1, maybe 2, meals a day that were probably around the 4000 calorie range just themselves. :P while working or going to school. I also say i have a few medical issues that have always kept me big lol
  • I'm not fat anymore.........but I was fat because my illness made me unhappy, and i used candy and snacks to make myself feel happy.
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    I did ok managing my weight until I got cancer and the doctor put me on steroids. They made me crave everything in sight.
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Was always small/average in high school. Met my husband 6 years ago and put on a little "romance weight" from all the wine&dining. I became pregnant earlier this year and unfortunately miscarried and just sunk into a depression eating everything I could get my hands on. I'm now back and ready to make a change for when we try for a baby next year. Needing all the support and friends I can get! I've got a min. of 50 lbs to lose
  • Food, complacency / resigned to the fact that its a family body and babies :indifferent:
  • Jessica_Mujahidah
    Jessica_Mujahidah Posts: 40 Member
    I was always overweight even as a child and poor life style choices continued. Then, got PCOS/insulin resistance, which went un- diagnosed for many years and subsequently failed many diets.

Finally getting my health under control.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    I suck at portion control and I love frozen coke :-)
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    I enjoyed college and not working out and playing sports like I used to. THen I got into drinking lots of beer and eating a lot. Then I got even more lazier and stopped working out completely.
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Ate way too much and didn't get off my blubbery butt! (unless it was to go to the fridge!) :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I am not now...as I eat at a level in line with my activity.

I was before because I ate too much for my level of activity.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Ate way too much and didn't get off my blubbery butt! (unless it was to go to the fridge!) :laugh:

^This! ^This! ^This!
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Sunk into a horrible depression after my break-up (engagement) and foreclosure (because of the break-up) - used food as a comfort...very difficult habit to break.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    ATe to much and didnt move enough. I could come up with a million excuses and hell maybe a few would be almost ok but it does no good lying to myself. Booze didnt help much either lol
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    cause the bmi index says so
  • lydian8
    lydian8 Posts: 39 Member
    Had a sucky childhood. Ate to not feel. Hard to disconnect from that when it starts that early. But I'm changing it now.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    <
    :tongue:
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Was always small/average in high school. Met my husband 6 years ago and put on a little "romance weight" from all the wine&dining. I became pregnant earlier this year and unfortunately miscarried and just sunk into a depression eating everything I could get my hands on. I'm now back and ready to make a change for when we try for a baby next year. Needing all the support and friends I can get! I've got a min. of 50 lbs to lose

I am so sorry for your loss!!