Why are you fat?

Replies

• pounci
    pounci Posts: 5
    I'm not fat, but I'm the fattest I've ever been.

All my young life, I was very active in dance, gymnastics and theatre. Then, I was diagnosed with depression in high school. It just hit me like a brick wall.

All through university, I was walking everywhere because the campus was huge. In 2008, I went to a university in Japan where I walked to and from school (an hour each way).

I fell into another deep depression in late 2011 and then suffered a traumatic event in early 2012. The way I cope with depression is by sleeping a lot. Since I usually work desk jobs, I am always sitting down and then I go to bed right when I get home from work because I have no motivation or drive to do absolutely anything at all.

I went from 110 lbs to 120 lbs over 2 years, and the worst thing is that I cannot walk or move around a lot without getting super tired. I have no bodily flexibility or stamina anymore.

I just feel really unhealthy.
  • I am because I love Cheese Fries & Any Deep Fried Fast Food :) But slowly changing those habits! I really need to work on the Activity Level though and I would be losing a lot more !
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    I'm not! :bigsmile:

Not any more! :bigsmile:

Like everyone else, I just was careless about what I was eating - and drinking (wine), and I also thought it was an inevitable part of aging so I sat back and watched my waistline and my thighs and my dress size steadily climbing, thinking there was nothing I could do, and feeling more and more matronly and old.

2½ stone and almost two dress sizes later, I know different! I still have another stone to go ideally but I'm looking and feeling a lot lot better, and that voice in my head that taunted me with "You're fat and old and your life's over" has choked on it!

I'm not old, and I'm not fat - I'm ripe! (now, where's my glass of wine!)
  • I'm an emotional eater and I also just love food :)
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    I never was fat but I gained weight because i took a pill for anxiety and it made me gain 10 pounds in a week. I lost it all but looking to lose a bit more.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Umm this is kinda embarrassing. When I was kid, I didn't like kids my age much. I liked adults so I decided I wanted to be 100 pounds to be an adult. (I don't know why the weight was the thing I picked but likely because I could control it and not my height.) Therefore, I increased my portion sizes to keep up with the adults so I would be like them. (This seemed logical at the time.)

I never really figured out an appropriate portion size and that caused my lifelong issue with weight. This time I am all about learning what a portion and being happy to have one portion. :drinker:

49298353.png
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Food filled the hole I felt after a lot of bad crap from growing up and the low self esteem I've always had.

Now, I'm afraid of getting too big and having medical issues, and not passing my PT test in the military. I have about 45 pound of pure fat to lose.
  • Too much food, too little exercise!! I went from an athletic big eater to a desk driving big eater. Not the best way to stay in shape. 10 years of driving a desk will grow your waist!!
  • Iv just had my 2nd lil girl so losing the baby weight! first post! xxx
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    So many things played a role, but if I'm being true to myself, I was just lazy and ate too much.
  • Shooter219
    Shooter219 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm not fat, I'm just big boned....:huh:

No, wait. I am fat. Very fat!! Um yeah, I just ate. ALOT. A.L.O.T.
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Because I use to be lazy and do some emotional eating.
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    i was eating junk and instant food as am lazy to cook. and i was eating without thinking...but now am trying to change my habits...:)
  • coffeeaddict92
    coffeeaddict92 Posts: 4 Member
    I hate cooking so much. Like seriously... I can't cook even the basic things. So now I pretty much hate food. And I eat easy/pre made crap foods to make me feel better about myself. Totally stupid.
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Because I didn't have any motivation to actually go out there and lose the weight. I love food, I love the taste, smell, and look of it... and I still do. I love indulging in it. It's comforting, it keeps me busy, it keeps me from doing stupid things.

I honestly don't know what pushed me to live a healthier life. Maybe I was tired of being the fattest guy in class, the fattest friend in the group, the guy that no one wanted in his team because he was fat, or maybe that one time my PE class left me because I wasn't as fast as a runner as the rest of my class. Whatever it was-- I'm glad I made that decision.
  • LittlemissPear
    LittlemissPear Posts: 116 Member
    So many factors, I've always been big, even as a child. I found out at 12 that I had PCOS and that does not help. And honestly I have made bad food choices. I would love to actually think I am attractive so that's why I'm here. I've lost 50kg on my journey so far, finding that last 30kg very hard.
  • em84
    em84 Posts: 144 Member
    i got lazy after my having my babies and ate way to much crap :(
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    Food is a comfort and habit I guess. Too much to be had. I am having a gin long drink as I write and oh, spreads - because of spreads and bread. That is a big factor. Just eating too much... too fast, and not enjoying it :( mum never fed me anything that I liked so I could have whatever I want.
  • naddi09
    naddi09 Posts: 24
    I have been overweight all my life. I just kept on eating and no one ever tried to stop me. Good thing I finally stopped myself :)