• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Simple.

I ate too much....I moved too little.
  • mikej1978
    mikej1978 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I used to write it off as being "big-boned" but then I realized bones don't jiggle! :)
  • easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I suck at portion control and I love frozen coke :-)

What is frozen coke? Like slushi yummy
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I love food - I love growing it, cooking it, tasting it, experimenting with it - the texture of it, the feel of it, chewing it, swallowing it - the whole caboodle.

I also like all the things that are not good for me most of all. Then I also eat when over-tired and when over-emotional and instead of smoking anymore. Not the best combination and am, long-term, trying to learn some self-discipline.
  • box_of_rain
    Options
    Emotional eater. Point blank. :ohwell:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Was always small/average in high school. Met my husband 6 years ago and put on a little "romance weight" from all the wine&dining. I became pregnant earlier this year and unfortunately miscarried and just sunk into a depression eating everything I could get my hands on. I'm now back and ready to make a change for when we try for a baby next year. Needing all the support and friends I can get! I've got a min. of 50 lbs to lose

I am sorry for your loss. Sending a friend request.

I am fat because I gained 10 pounds each with four kids and I'm lazy.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I used food as a comfort

this and stuffed my face
  • christinethoms1
    Options
    I only know this now, after many years of self analysis. I gained my weight to insulate myself. I thought if I insulated myself with fat, it protect me against pain. As a child I lived a nightmare of physical and sexual abuse. I gained weight as a protection thinking if I was fat, no one would want to hurt me like that ever again. As I got older, the weight kept coming. I am now 50, dealing with health issues and finally, because after 40 years it's no longer a habit, it's a way of life, I have had weight loss surgery to help me live as normal of a life as I can for my remaining years. Everyone says to me, "you took the easy way out"...No this is not easy. It's simply a tool that I am adding to my arsenal to help me get into shape and become the person I know is inside of me. To all of us fighting this fight, I wish us much love and success.
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I could come up with a bunch of reasons as to why I'm fat, but it seems kind of stupid.

I'm fat because I ate a lot.

The reasons behind that don't really matter; in the end, it all comes to the same conclusion.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts, pancakes, cookies, fried food.

No, ok, really. Comfort eating, 99%. The other one percent is that I truly LOVE trying new food, I'm such a foodie, but with a nasty emotional eating problem...
  • amymarie2534
    amymarie2534 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is my lover.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Well for me personally, it is because I got into a habit of eating portions way too large, eating quickly and not even tasting the food, and eating lots of fried junk and sugar. I was getting absolutely no exercise, not even indirectly.

Glad to have made some changes to this way of life, and know I have more changes to make.
  • jcativey
    jcativey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pizza.

Budweiser.

Life.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts, pancakes, cookies, fried food.

No, ok, really. Comfort eating, 99%. The other one percent is that I truly LOVE trying new food, I'm such a foodie, but with a nasty emotional eating problem...

totally relate to this, sounds just like me :)
  • sugarmomma3
    Options
    I quit drinking and smoking 3years ago and "thought" im gonna be so ski.ny and my belly's gonna be so flat without drinking beer everyday. WRONG!!! I gained 25 lbs! Sugar. I crave sugar. If i could control my snacks i would get more success. But i can't. Sugar controls me. Tried buying 100 cal snacks but its such a tease it just gets me going on a binge. Sooo frustrating. Anyway...thats why im fat. Sweets.
  • julez1012
    Options
    I like chocolate and gin! Neither good and meant that i was sitting down and not exercising.
    Gin doesnt stay in the glass well when you are running....
  • jenniferreneas
    Options
    Too much food, not enough excersise.
  • thelitas
    Options
    Like so many, I created a bunch of excuses, from when I was a kid my mom would stop at Wendy's after school and we'd eat a full meal before going home and eating a full meal, to I can't offend people by turning down their food, to I was taught to clean my plate, and of course, my favorite one, blaming others because "this is what you want from me".

Yes, I did go through a truly depressed time in my life where I had to work through a lot after a death. Yes, I did go from a job where I was on my feet 8 hours (and was doing physical labor) to a desk job. Yes, I was diagnosed with binge eating disorder.

However, now that I'm not making excuses, the only problem I have with losing weight is episodic binging. I work with a doctor on this, and I have been doing extremely well and only binging maybe once a week.
  • tyleeloo28
    Options
    I'm not fat, but I will be. And thats because I'm unmotivated to exercise, depressed because I just got dumped, and find way too much comfort in food. Therefore, its time to get off my lazy *kitten* and exercise and get back on track. Anyone with me?