Why are you fat?

Options

Replies

• alexk1394
    Options
    I loved my abs way to much so i put layers of fat over to protect them :) haha... No
    pure laziness and lack motivation and a lot of ****ty food.
  • skroeze87
    skroeze87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lots of carbs, none from fruit and vegetables. Tack on PCOS and insulin resistance and I got over 200.

I also snack when bored.
  • MoiraPetersen
    Options
    I'm a comfort eater. I eat when I'm happy, sad, bored, excited, tired, stressed ..... you name it and I could eat along with it .... :blushing:
  • sadcowlovestoeat
    Options
    I gave up smoking August 2013 and started eating much more food, and choosing badly too...

:smokin: NO MORE :flowerforyou:
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    No self-control over food.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my twins I had to eat an additional thousand calories to support their growth. Then, they were born and I had to continue eating that much to keep my breastmilk fatty for one of my twins who was diagnosed as Failure to Thrive. They nursed full-term, and I was always afraid that if I dieted, they wouldn't get enough nutrients from me, so between that and pregnancy I became accustomed to eating a ton every day. They finally weaned, and then I was still eating the same, so I gained weight. My Mom died the same month as one twin weaned, so dieting flew out the window. I dealt with grieving my Mom's passing in part by eating junk food. Now, it has been a year since she died and I am able now to move in a more positive direction. My husband and I are ready for more babies and I want to be in the best health possible for that.
  • Twoniwright21
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I am fat but I am overweight! After having my son 16 months ago I just cannot seem to get the excess weight off but I guess that's because I haven't worked hard enough to lose the weight :(((
  • whooswho088
    Options
    I blame my love of anything alcoholic. Yes a mere two months two summers ago spent going out had me at + 20 lbs. Two months...20 lbs. Deciding not to do anything about it until now has me at 170 from a healthy 130.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Because I love desserts like a crackhead loves crack.
  • snuffle007
    Options
    I was bullied as a teenager as I was a little chubby. Ate for comfort during horrible depression. Then I ate because I was bored and I love food...the worse it is for me the better. This became a habit that I have had for the last 20 years. I am 5ft 2, aged 32 and weight 14st. Lovely. Plus I am lazy and always hated exercise, though I have been attending a zumba class once a week which I love, that may help.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I was slightly overweight during my high school years, even though I participated in sports. No more recess so sports was my only physical activity. I used to eat a lot and gained a bit more weight.
    As a young adult I was in a relationship that went to hell (I was abused) and I used food to comfort myself.
    After that relationship ended I tried to lose weight for awhile but when stupid diets & other fads didn't give me the results I was looking for I pretty much gave up on trying to lose weight.
    Then in a new marriage... I had 2 kids adding more weight. Add on more bad food choices and large portions of said foods... and ta da... big ol' fat me.
  • Monty_P
    Monty_P Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like lager. And eating the same size portions as my 6'3" husband.
  • futurejedi
    Options
    injury from work but healed up finally
  • ohkurt18
    ohkurt18 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am not fat. I HAVE fat. My weight does not define me.
    I think you are my hero. Ha
  • ohkurt18
    ohkurt18 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    After my grand,other died, I started eating feelings because I could not deal with her being gone. I still cant.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am not fat. I HAVE fat. My weight does not define me.

This x 1000

I have fat for two primary reasons~ 1) I'm a fantastic cook and 2) I believe at the end of a meal you shouldn't be satisfied, you should hate yourself.

The first will remain the same as I strive to lose weight, the second has to change if I wish to succeed. :laugh:
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I like to eat, for every reason and occasion. I overeat because what I eat tastes good and I want more. I can't leave anything on my plate... ever. I love carbs and sweets, overlooking the fruits and veggies. I don't move as much as I should to burn all those extra calories off. No excuses here... that's exactly why I am fat.

Thankfully, all that is starting to change.
  • deanna418
    deanna418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I love food! To add to that I am a comfort eater and I have learned to take my stress out using working out instead of eating. Unfortunately I am also a binge eater and my parents always said "clean your plate!" Ugh I could go on and on!
  • MoosyGoosy
    Options
    Binge eating is why I'm fat. I've never been overweight though
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just ate a lot of junk, and the thing with junk is that it just makes you want more junk lol. My mom is a binge eater and we had a lot of extra cookies, cakes, ice cream in the house after she started working again. I'm not only eating less, I'm eating way better since I started college lol