Why are you fat?

Options

Replies

• LaurenC619
    LaurenC619 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Was an overweight child, then started dieting when I was 11. Lost weight gradually but then got obsessive in my early teens and developed anorexia. Recovered (mostly) and gained weight back.. too much weight. Basically I never developed a healthy relationship with food my entire life! I have trouble knowing when I'm actually hungry, and tend to overeat or undereat, but never "normal" eat. I'm working on getting better at knowing when I'm actually hungry.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Like the taste of food (preferably chocolate) & ate out of boredom as a child
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My dad said, "Food likes me - every time I open my mouth it wants to jump in." :L
  • cami11e
    cami11e Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Honestly, not watching your calories is a much easier lifestyle and you can go out and enjoy time with friends and family without feeling you have to restrict yourself. Too many evenings out results in too little exercise and too much food and drink. I find it hard to find a balance between fun and health.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    first time I gained weight was due to burning myself out by binge drinking every weekend in college, which stopped my workouts and also being hungover so much all I ever wanted to eat was comfort and/or "easy" food.

this most recent gain was due to me going through a deep depression (still am but at least i'm taking control of my weight again). I was ordering a XL pizza (plus side orders) almost every single DAY because it was the only joy I could get out of life. I gained 60 pounds in 6 months. Now I'm on the loooooong journey back to being slim again. Oy.

Same here.
  • m0radell
    m0radell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight when I went abroad. Greasier food, I want to try everything, less active lifestyle, I could go on and on really. All of it has contributed to me gaining about 20 pounds in the past 6 months :(
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I've been pregnant twice, each time putting on about 5 stone, of course I was already bigger to start with the second time round so I went up to 17 and a half stone ... I can't blame cravings either because what I craved most was ice cubes. I like food .... couldn't have a cup of tea without a slice of cake or biscuits and couldn't eat just 2 biscuits when there was a whole pack looking at me! Didn't know how to watch a film without doing an hand to mouth motion with take away, popcorn And chocolate.I'm actually supprised I've never been bigger, I could easily eat 4 american muffins followed my take away and a family bag of crisps in one sittin ... I once ate 8 donuts in one go. And I didn't exercise ... i only exercised when I was 'dieting' otherwise it just was not part of my routine ... now I make time for it and enjoy looking after and valuing myself more .... rather than just being the mum and the fiancee .... I make 'ME' time where for an hour or so I'm just simply Louise :)
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    According to the BMI Scale I'm too short!!!!

Was fine until I started working in an office and changed from an active lifestyle to quite a sedentary lifestyle and didn't change th portions to reflect this.
    Now found a wonderful group of people where I we do bootcamps and various other classes and I'm in training for my first marathon (14 weeks on Sunday)!!!

Food choices weren't good either, too many carbs and fried food (chips & cheese were my favourite)!!
  • NapsAndNachos
    Options
    I like food and food likes to hang around me. Quite literally.
  • heloboy07
    Options
    I used food as a comfort

I do agree,,, hha lol
  • Jurow
    Jurow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    takeaways taste nice and using fri sat sun as and excuse to binge on biscuits
  • Lettee4
    Lettee4 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    binge eating. food is comfort. i still binge eat more than i should, but im a looot better than i was... 5 clothes sizes down in 1 year (was a size 26, now a size 16).
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have always been a bored-eater, a sad-eater, a mad-eater, and every other bad-eater you can think of! I have also always had a big issue with sweets ...
  • reimaka17
    reimaka17 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional/stress eater diagnosed with both a depressive and anxiety disorder. What do you think?

Also, I just really love food. And sweets (I have the worst sweet tooth). They make me happy...up until I'm done eating, anyway, and then I'm just miserable. And then I eat more to make myself feel better. You see where I'm going with this?

I'm also pretty lazy, as much as I hate to admit it. Why go for a walk when I can just curl up on the couch with a good book? I'm working on that, though.
  • I had to sit here and think for awhile on how to respond. All my life I have always thought I was fat. As a 2nd grader, we would weigh ourselves. In highschool I was tiny (but at the time thought I was fat). Good ole college I partied like a rock star to the point of a near death car accident. My parent's shipped my butt from college to a community college close to them, where I continued to party like a rock star, which of course, fast food on the way home to 'sober up'. Ok then....nursing school meant, all work, no play, but I continued to party like a rock star and graduated. At some point I decided I didn't care what people thought of me and just lived life, not worrying if I was fat. And like Oprah, up and down and up and down with the weight. Got married! I was tiny then back in 2006. From 2006 to 2012 I slowly gained and or loss 32 pounds. So that's about 5.3 pounds a year, sneaks up on you. Boom, my start date was May 31, 2012 secondary to a work breakroom Kodak from a company softball game. I looked in shock, when did I get fat? What the heck? So, ended up dropping 20 pounds from May 2012 to January 2013. Maintained for some months, then July 2013 to January 2014 I slowly gained it all back (lots of life issues) and am again, losing. Down 7 pounds and feel great.

So, long story short, why am I fat? Life, life got in the way...
    Day by day, meal my meal, I'm gonna get real as a banana peel....:bigsmile:
  • reimaka17
    reimaka17 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have always been a bored-eater, a sad-eater, a mad-eater, and every other bad-eater you can think of! I have also always had a big issue with sweets ...

Seriously, all of this. And especially the bored-eater thing. It doesn't help that my fridge/kitchen is always stocked full of sweets and greasy leftovers (I don't live alone) so when I get bored and wander into the kitchen...well, nothing good comes out of it.

And don't get me started on sweets. There's currently a Halloween-sized bowl of candy sitting in my living room because the people I live with are jerks and it's torture walking past. It's the really good candy, too. Ugh. I can't wait to get y own place.
  • stacybe123
    Options
    Honestly, how I started packing on the pounds is because I eat whatever I want (which is usually bad stuff), work a sedentary job and go home and sit in front of the tv until bedtime...I'm my own worst enemy!!