Today Show Club! (Everyone Always Welcome)

Options

Replies

• CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    OK so this has nothing to do with weightloss but gotta complain somewhere and I cant really yell at the husband for it because he feels bad enough about it. He is always so determined to fix everything himself so he can save some money but then ends up either procrstinating untill the problem gets worse or half *kitten* fixing it. Well all the issues weve had with his car this one tops it. Its always been a starter problem apparently. Well first he waits untill a couple days before I have to have my van, to fix his starter. Ends up getting the wrong starter TWICE from the store because he was trying to save money. Ends up getting the expensive one that is the one he needed. Car is fixed so we thought. A few days later he is driving it and it starts to smell like burning rubber and stops working and nwo wont start at all. So Ive been telling him for about a month now to call a machanic and get it towed there. I asked him to ask his friend if he could recommend anyone. nope didnt do it so he called someone in the phone book (which I hate doing when it comes to anythng). So you know what happened yesterday. OK the guy calls and what do you know, the burning smell (which he assumed was an electrical thing) was actually all the wires going to the starter and from the starter and the starter itself burning out because he wired them wrong! So if the auto part store doesnt accept the warrenty and either refund us or give us a new one (i doubt they will) then we are out about 200 freaking dollars! All for the sake of saving paying for labor at a shop! I told him a few times to just take it to a shop while he could when it took him a week to actually get the first starter off and he apparently didn't know what he was doing. Though he has changed many starters in the past. One actually in the middle of the metroparks parking lot lol The starter died for no reason in my car when we were dating lol
  • addiograsso
    Options
    Hello, hello, hello!!!!
    I have soooooo missed everyone. And if i have realized anything in the last few days, it is just how VERY much I, personally NEED this site. The motivation, support and DEDICATION all make a difference and all pay off. I have been so swamped both professionally and personally that I haven't had a chance to be "faithful" to MFP, but you know what - I must, I must, I must.

So - where to start... First, let me start by saying if I miss anyone, I am sooo very sorry - I haven't had a chance to read ALL the posts from the past 4-5 days, but i've tried to get the gist... :smile:

Marcie - LOVE the new pic - it is tremendous and does your pretty face justice. You look wonderful - I assume it is from your party this weekend - it really looks great!

Tamara - I can't thank you enough for posting your story. If this doesn't do it for people (read: me), I don't know what will. I still can't believe how QUICKLY you lost your weight - I am so impressed by your dedication! Like you said, you lost 1/2 of yourself in less than a year - that is so inspiring. Thanks for being the tie that binds us all... :flowerforyou:

Bobbie - I am soooooo glad you're back! Like I said, your story just makes me smile and sad all at once. HOLD ON TO THAT LOVE, GIRL! It will sustain you. I am so glad you have someone who keeps you going and supports you - it can make all the difference and way to self-motivate too! Way to jump right back on the horse and go after a weekend of "indulgence". THAT is more amazing than taking the first step.

In my opinion, it sure seems that for those of us who have struggled with weight for years, lost the weight, gained the weight, lost the weight, gained the weight, etc... It's always so much harder to get back into the groove once you've "messed up" - so to speak. It's so easy to be motivated and excited and committed early on, but then boom a little bump in the road and we (I) turn back to bad habits. I know for me I have to think of this as a lifetime solution not just something I'm doing for the next year to get thin. I think Tamara and Bobbie have adeptly pointed out that we have to be changing our choices for a lifetime or we will be doing this again and again and again. I truly believe that there is a "diet" out there for everyone - they ALL work for someone - there's volumes and volumes of success stories, but the diffrence in this is that it shows you very quickly that you have to make adjustments permanently. I've lost weight on LA weight loss (50+ pounds), I've lost weight on Jenny Craig, I've lost weight on Nutri-System, etc., etc. This IS going to be different for me! That is my commitment.

Ok - truth time! I KNOW for a fact I gained weight over the weekend - there is no way in the world I couldn't have, so I lied to myself a little this morning and "accidentally" forgot to weigh in... On my last diet, that would have been license for me to just "cheat" for the next week, but I'm not going to do it. No one forced the Cheddar Fries or the Monster Cookies down my throat - I ate them of my own volition. And you know what, I enjoyed the Monster Cookies, but I should have stopped at one – not had two. I did NOT need the cheddar fries and I was literally sick afterwards! I was so upset with myself for eating that and so quickly putting on those few ounces or pounds it took me three weeks to take off. I was miserable. I will step on the scale tomorrow morning and I will take my lumps... Now, I don't know if I'm going to post my weight gain... :blushing: but it's there and it will just make next week even harder.

You know, I think we're all just a little embarassed when we don't succeed and don't want to have to admit to failure especially when we are surrounded by people who are doing so well - (again, Tamara, Bobbie, etc - you guys are awesome!). You know, it's MUCH easier to hop online and post something when you're proud of yourself than it is to open yourself up and show your failures...:embarassed: I guess I should be using the word "I" instead of "you" because I can't speak for everyone, so for here on out - when you see, we, or you - I mean me! :wink:

The other thing I've realized is just how much emotion ties into eating. (yes, big shock, I know...). Some people eat when they are depressed, some do not. My skinny - size 6 - sister just stops eating when she is unhappy - not me, boy! When my DH is being unsupportive or nasty, I head straight for the Sour Cream and Onion potato chips and a Coke - but who exactly am I hurting - not him - just me. All I'm doing is making my life worse AND reinforcing the fact that he doesn't like having a fat wife. I'm not going to get skinny eating Lays and Ho Hos - no one has come up with a diet like that...(darnit). :bigsmile:

I've made all the excuses for not losing weight - being in an accident, having bad metabolism, not having time to work out, being over 30, then 35, now 40, having a sedentary job, bad genes, it's cheaper to buy fattening foods than healthy foods, no time to make a healthy dinner.... YOU NAME IT, I've said it! I am not going to do it anymore. This is for me and me only, but you know what this is one of those things that EVERYONE around me benefits from me doing this "for me". My girls get a happy, healthy, more active Mommy who will hopefully live longer, my mood improves at work, I can sit in a chair at a ballgame without my hips spilling out through the handles and my husband will get the "trophy" wife he wants... tee hee hee...:laugh:

I have a LOOOOOOOOOOONG Way to go and 10 pounds out of 135 seems like and is a drop in the bucket, but I WILL DO THIS, I will! I hope to be motivation for someone like me a year from now and tell them how I did it. I still have a long way to go on the activity side of things and still not sure how I'm going to fit that in, but I will try. I was so happy with myself when I tried the 30 day shred - I was far from impressive, but I tried... ;) i need to make the time to take a walk, do the exercise, join a gym and somehow I need to convince my DH that he needs to give me that time...

Jessica - BELIEVE ME, I can relate with a DH who procrastinates... at least he tries... I'm not sure I have any words of wisdom to offer you... We, men and women, are truly different. I guess sometimes we have to take a deep breath and embrace those differences and try to remember why we fell in love with them in the first place. I'm sure they have to remind themselves sometimes, too... :wink: Not as often, though (tee hee hee) :laugh:

Shari - Hope you are well in Mexico and we can't wait to welcome you back to the fold.

Newbies and those returning - Welcome and welcome back!

To all of you - Thank you for welcoming me and making me feel like a "friend". They say that in life you make friends for a reason, a season or a lifetime - all of which are important and necessary. I want to thank you for being my friends for a reason (for now) and hope that we all support each other and make our goals. Also, here's hoping that some if not all of you, grow to be friends for a lifetime.

Bobbie - Good Luck on all your packing. Life is full of changes and I can imagine these last few weeks are VERY hard. You are moving on to bigger and better and we will be here for you in your new town... :) We're just a click away.

Whew - well I've rambled enough - aren't you sorry you asked me to shout out??? :)

Have a wonderful evening~!
    Deneen
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday Mornings, Ladies!!!

I had a good day yesterday I lifted weight with trainer friend, (from here on out I am calling her my lifting buddy) We were very productive..As ya';ll have probably figured out I am very routine person.. So yesterday I did my thing and while we were lifting I told the ladies about this frozen yogurt place that was about 15 miles down the road, and I said we outta go there sometime..( Not meaning yesterday) They said lets go today..I was like ok!! Then panic set in, I cant have this its a treat its not friday what will I do I will go overboard, all these emontions running through my head, and I shut down.. They could telll, they were like tamara we are holding you hostage, your not leaving, you gotta learn to live life a little bit..So I went and had a very small amount, which I always have a weight watchers ice cream everyday anyways, I just didnt have it yesterday..So all and all I am super proud of myself, fo not totally freaking out( which I did for a littel bit) Then mydaughter started girl scouts last night..I think this is gonna be fun!!!

Jessica- I am sorry about your husband..Mine owns his own heating and air business and if he dont fix my air in my van I might hurt him!!

Deneen- You are so right this doesnt work for everyone, but something will if you jut give it a chance..

Bobbie- You ready for our run tomorrow?? I am !!

Kim- Where are you??

Marcie- Love the new picture!!

Well ya'll kiddos get outta school early today, they go for a whole 3 hours 15 minutes..whats the point??? Better gtt off here and makes daughter lunch,my son said I am not taking a lunch whats the use I can eat when I get home..Good boy, I didnt wanna make it anyways...I love my children I am so blessed!!

I am in an AWESOME mood this morning...because I CHOOSE to be!!!!
  • addiograsso
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, All!
    Well, I am down ONE POUND! Well, I know it's not great (and it's kinda cheating since I'm SUPPOSED to weigh in on Tuesdays), but I'll take it - Like Jessica says as long as the scale keeps moving in the downward direction... ;)
    I am so happy - I truly expected to be the same or up a pound and it just goes to show that drinking your water :drinker: and really logging your food (so you KNOW what you put in your mouth - and in my case on my thighs...) MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
    I was back at it hard yesterday. I even counted the calories in my vitamin!

I'm hoping my LONG post yesterday didn't bore too many of you and I hope it wasn't misinterpreted. What I was trying to say is that I'm so very happy that I found MFP (thank you, Tamara). It is not a "diet" (notice the first word in diet is die...:tongue: )! It is a lifestyle and YOU/WE/I really can make a difference. This will work for me - and I truly think if committed to it can work for just about anyone AND the difference is, once you meet your goal you have a tool to use for a lifetime... Clear as mud?! :smile:

Thanks to all of you who are supportive and going through the battle with me!

Positive for the day - I was looking at some pictures taken of me over the weekend AND I actually thought I looked nice in a few of them - my first instinct wasn't just to delete them.... ;) My hair and skin looked nice and the sparkle is working it's way back into my eyes... :happy:

Kim - are you there, soul sister? :smooched: Everything ok?

Happy Wednesday everybody!

Deneen
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning. It is Wednesday and that means the week is half over. Yay. I am already exhausted and have so much to do. I had a rough night last night. I was home last night and I wanted to munch. I went over by 200 calories I think, but it is not the end of the word. I was craving sweet and salty and everything in between. So I had 100 calorie popcorn, skinny cow icecream, and a fun size milkyway plus my dinner. Oh well...today is a new day.

I did not sleep well last night so I did not get up this morning to workout. It was just one of those nights. I kept feeling like something was wrong. Plus I wanted to give my blister a day to heal before I run again. I am working tonight. 5 hours of serving is a great workout in itself.

Tomorrow I will do my 2 a day before Friday's weigh in, which I am not excited about.

Tamara - Yes I am excited about our run. Are we doing our normal route? I think it is my favorite. I have to do a 2 a day tomorrow. Time to push it.

Marcie - How was your day yesterday? Have you heard anything from Shari?

Deneen - I am so glad to see your long post. I have been missing you on here. Do not beat yourself up for eating the splurges. Sometimes it is hard to not enjoy. Your body is changing and the grease will make you sickand you will get to the point that you do not want that kind of food anymore. Your body will crave the healthy stuff. I am very proud of you for being honest with yourself and getting right back to it. It is very hard to make this lifestyle change, but it is so worth it. You are doing this for you. I hope that your DH can understand that and help support you in this journey and that he will understand you need time to work on you. It is hard to face the day when you are not happy, but you still have to. You just get up and do it. I used to worry what people thought of me when I was at the gym. Then I decided that the only opinion that mattered was mine. That I was worth all the sweat and tears that I had to go thru to get to where I am. I realized that I was at least doing something about my weight and if others didn't like it, then they can look away. Do this for you! Do it because you want to be healthy and because you want to be around for your loved ones. This journey will help you find yourself again and make you so much stronger. You can do this!
    So about my DH and myself...We are definitely holding on to our love. It is so amazing. We have already figured out when I am going to see him next. I get to talk to him every day now in some form or fashion. It is wonderful! I sent him his first care package and he should get it today. He was laughing at me because it is 20 pounds! I put all his favorite goodies in there, his clothes, his phone, his ipod, and of course pictures of us. He kept asking about my picture projects and I could not tell him all of them. I make books about our story and put pictures in there. This way we can always look back and see how far we have come. I have started the one for this year and I will finish it at Christmas. We started dating in January of 09 so it makes it easy with the time line. I also put all our letters in a book and put drawings that we each sent to each other on the cover. I emailed him a picture and he was so excited. God I love that man.
    Don't worry about me. I am not jumping ship when I move. I will still be on here. I have set my new goal weight for 170. I would like to be to that weight before the year is over. I know I can do it. The closer you get to your bodys happy weight, the harder it gets.

I hope everyone else is doing great. Have an awesome day!

Bobbie
  • CudyBug
    Options
    ok weigh in for me today blah. I wasnt doing so well last weeka dn this week Im feeling pretty Blah but its not a gain. Its barely one lb. I had to take my pants off to get a full lb but these pants are pretty heavey and since thye are way big now they hand at the bottom (I walk on them). But a lb gone is a lb less then what I was. I guess I was getting spoiled with the 2s and 3s of past few months but its ok.

On a good note I finshed my book but the next one in the series is even longer. the paper back according to amazon is 995 pages so the hardcover from the library probably is 600 or more. I wont have to wait for that one though. Its already on its way to my library. They have a wonderful tracking thing on thier website. I can put holds on books and see where its at and stuff.
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Thank you all for the complement on my picture. It's amazing what a little make up and a black dress will do to a girl! :happy:

Today, I have been feeling a little weak. I haven't given in to temptation, but the day is not over. I have not done much in terms of excersing today and hope to go for a run this afternoon. It has Bbeen hard to fit in with school and activities starting up..boy scouts, girl scouts, band, church activities, baseball.....ughgh...Seems like every everning we are at a function. But it is all worth it I know.

Friday is my weigh in and I don't feel like I've made alot of progress this week, but we will see.

Congrats to all of you that are posting loses so far....way to go team!

I have not heard from Shari at all. Hopefully she is doing well and can sneak to the computer and send us a note. That would be nice.

I haven't seen much on the board of Kim, Robin or Gail lately. Hope they are still sticking with it!!

Well chicks....I've got to run. I'll be lurking tomorrow and hope to send you a note. :laugh:
  • CudyBug
    Options
    good news. DH was able to return the starter he busted and get a new one. So now the machanic is charging 50 for the tow and 50 for labor and it should be done tomorow WOOHOO. FINALLY the stupid car is runnable and I can have my van back. Im so stinking relieved
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    good news. DH was able to return the starter he busted and get a new one. So now the machanic is charging 50 for the tow and 50 for labor and it should be done tomorow WOOHOO. FINALLY the stupid car is runnable and I can have my van back. Im so stinking relieved

Good deal sounds amazing!!
  • heyfishon
    Options
    I'm Here! I'm Here!

OMGoodness, I was just posting my reply for the past 10 min, and lost my internet, right when I was posting it, it was gone. I don't think there will be 2 posts. I guess I will try to recreate it AGAIN, not much luck lately using the computer, and my frustration level is so high right now, I want to be sedated!!

Okay, so Last Friday started out good I woke up to do my weigh-in and lost 5 lbs. I decided that I was going to take my final, and so I began and 2 1/2 hrs into it I lost it ( I am beginning to think it's me and not the computer now), anyhow, I am 2 1/2 hrs into my exam and this screen comes across and changed to "are you interested in illegal purse parties", and I am swaring, ______ ect.. and it kicked me out and sent me back to my log-in screen name. I was so p.o.'d you have no idea.

I called the school and short story, they said "we are so sorry, but your test results are an incomplete, and you will have to start over". I was not a happy camper..... my husband stay'd in the other room, no where to be seen.......

20 minutes later, I said this is not going to beat me... so I started over, and short story I PASSED IT, 2 HRS... YEAH!!!

I am so glad that is behind me right now, but I tell you what, I am in the middle of some serious anxiety, and I just want the pain to go away!!! I am going to vent here, because if I talk to my husband about this anymore I think he will kill me. We are different creatures, and his way and my way are not always the same.

Last Friday he received a phone call from a job possibility. He sent his resume out 2 months ago, and finally got the call. They wanted to meet him in person, so we drove 4 hrs on Monday for the interview, it''s was short 20 minutes interview maybe... Todd left with "they will get back to me" and took some references to call. So far, I don't believe that have called any of the references yet..

We absolutely love the area of where the job is located, and it has awesome pay with benefits, and company truck... We kinda thought that since the owner made the remark that he really liked Todd's resume, that Todd may have a really good chance at this job,

We stayed Monday night, and left Tuesday afternoon with no word, and still no word as of yet!! It's driving me CRAZY, literally I am sick to my stomach. We only have 6 weeks of unemployment left, and what will happen then..... we have no family to fall back on for support....

We want this job so bad, but my way of handling things and his way are completely different. He calls it PESTERING, I call it FOLLOW-UP!! He will not call to talk to them to find out how things are moving along, maybe it's too soon, itis just so hard for me right now, when I am thinking this is the answer. I know God has a plan, but I am struggling with Faith right now...

Sorry for all that, it's just nice to vent to a group of girls!! I love this site sooooooo much!!!!

I log'd in all my food while I was gone, and it was not all that bad. I did go out to eat a few times. I had a chicken burger at Red Robin w/fries and ranch dressing. After I was done eating that I wanted something sweet. We stopped at a Cinnabon, and ordered some cinnamon rolls, but I ended up NOT eating mine... Maybe I can just get the pleasure of it from buying the food and not eating it...... that would be nice.......can I invent something like that.......become a millionaire, and I will talke us all out on cruise!!!

I have to say that logging in all my food made me realize that I could have the stuff I was ordering but even cut more calories like No mayo, whole wheat bun ect... I didn't think about cutting back like that.. Next time for sure.. Small changes right?? I did order chicken instead of a hamburger w/blue cheese..

I am noticing my meal size is getting smaller, and getting more full early on by trying to eat slower!! That is working for sure!!

Deneen....Here I am - I sent you an email girl

Bobbie ..... I would love to weigh 170 again, that was my weight when I got married 20 years ago. I am sure my husband would love for me to get to that weight again too.

Jessica ...... I wish I could sit and read a book, it seems my life has been so busy lately, and when I seem to get the time, I will try and then fall asleep 15 min into reading..

Marcie.... I love your picture it makes you look so much younger!!

Tamara ....Thanks for all your hard work, I appreciate your posts everyday, and I think I loose at 1gram of fat by reading your schedule!!!

Shari .... I bet your a brown chic by now girl!! Aren't you done yet with all that vacation, and the nice gentleman bringing you Mai Tai's on the beach????

Anyone else - I hope you are having a fabulous Wednesday.

I wish to have a better day myself, I just can't stop thinking about this job, and what it would do for our family!!!

Bye for now!!
  • CudyBug
    Options
    kim- I dont thinkits pestering at all. Im the same way. I would bug my husband all the time telling him to call people back and follow up on his applications and stuff. He hated it but I told him it gets his name out there and stuff.

bobbie- How tall are you? I always am curious because Im so short and weight that looks great on other people is too much for me. Im right now as of today 158 and I know everyone who reads it says OMG I wish I could weight that but Im only 4 11 so uhh yea it still has me ten lbs into being obese. Crazy huh. 148 and Ill be into the over weight catagory. I now realize that maybe my mother is telling the truth when she says shes only 150-160. I always thought she was bigger then that. Or another mom I talk to online whos my hieght and was saying she was oly 160 lbs and I would think no way she looks way bigger then I am and I weighed more then her. its just interesting, well to me atleast lol
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Good Morning ladies, I hope everyone is having an awesome thursday!! I know I will, its back at work for me today since 3 days off and so enjoying it..

I am really excited about weigh in tomorrow, I feel amazing right now..Dont know why but just do I will take it.. my kids and I laughed all day yesterday as they got outta school early!! We had so much fun, I was not uptight or strict just good ole laughter and fun..

well gotta make everyone lunches and head to workout then work then home to get kiddos then running with bobbie for last minute work out..yippee

Jessica- I agree it depends on your height!!

Bobbie- Was ya'll busy last night?

Kim- Good job on passing test I am sure it was a doozie, yes also keep on your husband!!!

Hope everyone has an AWESOME WEIGH IN TOMORROW!!! Keep us posted even if its plus minus same we all wanna know..

Bye ya'll
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Did every one have a great night and get off to a great start today? I sure did. I am in a fabulous mood today. My DH got his first care package last night and now has a piece of home with him. He has pictures of us, his clothes, his ipod, and of course his cell phone! He called me as soon as he got the package. He was so excited! It made my day. I actually got to talk to him 4 times yesterday and got a few text messages. He had me send pictures to his phone so he can save them for my profice picture on the caller ID. I think he just likes looking at me and I do not mind. Oh I also framed two pictures of us for his desk. So anytime he is doing homework or studying he can see our smiling faces and the love in our eyes. I am just glad he finally got it and I can talk to him more. :love:

This morning I got up and worked out for 50 minutes doing cardio/aerobics. I did the 2 mile walk at home and the quick jillian micheals trouble zones. I feel amazing. (I also got a good morning text from the DH before I worked out) Today is going to be a good day at work. Tonight is my last minute work out with Tamara before tomorrow's weigh in. I am ready to run. I am getting excited about weigh in. I am hoping to be under goal weight again and on my way to my next goal. It is time to get the scale going back down. My scale needs to be my BFF again! :bigsmile:

Jessica - I am glad that the auto part store took back the starter and that the car is going to be fixed.
    My height is 5'7. I am a good height I think. I am wearing a size 13/14 now. I went from a 24. I like to think I am very proportionate too. I am good with my shape. I just want to get rid of some of the jiggly bits. :wink: I am working on it and my DH is still very supportive. I told him my new goal and he told me to go for it and that he was proud of me. If I get to 170, I will be at his weight! That is something that excites me and will help push me to meet that goal!

Kim - Good job on the exam. It would have made me mad about the internet conenction, but I am super proud that you kept on trying and got it done. I would have the DH call tomorrow about the job. He needs to show that he is still interested, but at the same time not be a nag. Fingers are crossed that every thing works out for you.

Marcie - I am sure Shari will send is an email when she can. Have fun lurking, but post if you can. lol Black dresses always make you look good and of course a great smile to go along with it. Keep up the good work.

Deneen - Good morning my friend. How was your night?

Tamara - Work was good. We were not busy, but we were steady. Lance and Angel were there so I had a good night. I was basically there for social hour. You know me, but I did stay busy and kept moving.

Have a great day every one. I hope that we all have great weigh ins this week. Fingers crossed for it too!
  • CudyBug
    Options
    bobbie- yea you are quite a bit taller then I am lol. I was thinking from the pics that you look greatand was thinking 170 is alot but then had to think about the hieght in there. Not everyone is as short as I am which makes me giggle When I have to get petite pants because I dont see myself as petite
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Jessica - Thanks. 170 puts me at a good weight, but still has me at over weight. I have to be between 119 and 159 in order to be in the healthy range. I just think that is too small for my frame. I do not want to be too thin for my frame. I want to look and feel healthy. Right now I am healthier than I have ever been in my whole life and it is great. I think 170 will be a good weight for me. I like having a little meat on my bones. I think that women should be fit, but still soft. I am not sure if that makes any sense or not. Just my opinion though.
  • CudyBug
    Options
    bobbie- that makes perfect sense, For my hieght it says between 89-110 would be healty and well uhh ive never been close to 100 lbs in my life. That would be way to thin. I was 135 when I got married and other then maybe toning my tummy I think it was a great size. Plus I do plan on getting pregnant next year sometime so I dont want to be a stick person with a round belly. It just looks unhealthy to me.
  • addiograsso
    Options
    Good Thursday Evening, all!
    Good luck to you all on your weigh ins tomorrow - sounds like we will have lots of losers.
    Tamara/Bobbie - have a wonderful run - put in an extra 50 yards for me - that way I can live viacariously through you... ;) Tee hee hee

Kim - Glad to have you back.

Marcie - Are you lurking!?!??? :)

Jessica - So happy about the car - sometimes things Do work out!

Gail/Shari/Sharon - Where are all of you????

Just wanted to give a big shout out and say happy evening to you all -
    Catch you tomorrow.

Words of wisdom - Don't worry about yesterday - it can not be changed only learned from. Be happy today so you don't have to try and change it tomorrow... ;)

Deneen
  • MNLopez
    MNLopez Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good evening gals,

Just got back from an awesome 30 min jog...actually I was able to jog 20 min and walk 10 min...I feel really good right now!!
    Tonight, I did not want to go jogging, but I made myself do it and I'm glad I did. I attribute it to all of you because you all keep me motivated. I love being part of this club. See lurking can't be all that bad! :tongue:

I am nervous about weighing in tomorrow....Not necessarily that I've been making bad choices...I just feel like I'm not really losing the weight...my clothes still feel the same as like 1-2 weeks ago. Well I'll give you all my report tomorrow morning.

Tamara-thank you for posting your story.....I got teary-eyed...you guys are probably saying she cries all the time...truth is I am very soft-hearted...I cry easily....:sad: Sometimes they are happy tears though! But seriously...your story continues to inspire me.

Bobbie....you always make me cry....I just love your love story....I'm glad you are able to communicate more oftern with your DH...I'm sure it helps a whole lot. I'm glad you will still be part of this group when you move....Don't you just love this era of technology?

Jessica....you remind me alot of my daughter...she is young and married with 2 kids....oh the trials she goes through, but she gets up, dusts off and keeps going. And like you she is always trying to get her husband to listen to her when it comes to car repairs, etc and like you she is a good mommy. :flowerforyou: Hang in there girl...like I always tell my daughter...you can't enjoy a rainbow if you don't first experience the rain....peaks and valleys...that is how life is.

Kim....Congratulations on passing your test. I know how upsetting it is not to have job security....I was laid off in 2006 from Hewlett-Packard and it took me 9 months to get another job and had to take a $15k pay cut. The upside of it is that it is so much closer to home and I have the flexibility to be with my kids when I need to. So it is worth it, but it still hurts in the pocket book....but then again God always provides. I still fee very fortunate to have all of the many blessing I have. You too hang in there...there will be sunny days ahead.

Deneen....Good job on your continued weight loss....and you didn't have to call me out like that! I know I lurk! :laugh: I know you are not comfortable with posting your picture and I also know that soon you will because you are going to feel so good about yourself....can't wait to see ya!

Shari....Cuando vas a escribir?..todas estamos anciosas por saber de ti. Espero que todo vaya bien. Tengo celos que tu pudieste disfrutar de el bicentinario de Mexico. (Translation for my MFP buddies: Shari...When are you going to write. We are all anxious to know about you. I hope everything is going well. I am jealous that you were able to enjoy Mexico's bicentennial)

Shout out to Gail, Sharon, Robin....come back!!

Well ladies, need to go wash off the sweat....I'll be lurking tomorrow...I mean...I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Good night!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Good Morning everyone.. I was down this morning 3.6 pounds..yippee. I am so proud of myself, I took off all the weight I had put in the last 3 weeks..

I am planning a 14 mile run tomorrow ya'll wish me luck!!

Bobbie and I got to out destitination yesterday to run and we both looked a each other and said I dont wanna do this lets go home.. Then we sais NO ITS NOT AN OPTION, TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN, so we did it 5.73 miles one hour 5 minutes, best time yet.

Marcie- Good job on the jogging, I feel amazing when I am don its the getting there that is hard.

Jessica- Glad you got your van fixed.

Kim- YOur huband will find a job I will keep him in my prayers.

Bobbie- Enjoy packing and moving today girlie

Well everyone off to he gym, have an awesome day!!
  • brashear_2420
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday everyone.

How is everyone doing today? I was down 3 pounds this morning. I am down to 183. I am pretty pleased with that. I am back under goal weight and I have the scale on my side again. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be a crazy weekend for me. I have got to start my moving process now.

Thanks for the great run last night Tamara. It really helped me have a great weigh in. Thanks girl.

Have a great day everyone. Time for me to get busy.