EVERYONE IS NOT HAPPY FOR ME

Options

Replies

• xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    So this is my second encounter with a friend/co-worker trying to put a damper on my success...I shared this pic with a co worker and I asked did she notice a difference she said "yes but i think its because of the way you were positioned". I was blown away by her comment...Tell me what you think.
    [img]http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab286/shabrick00/mfp pics/d9d7c8c8-2a57-4005-9204-81ed897cab4f_zpse8b4fa10.jpg[/img]

Look at you! Beautiful girl. No, it's not the position.. give me a break. It's hard work.
  • shabrick00
    shabrick00 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Big difference, definitely.

I am probably one of those people who would say I saw a difference even if I didn't just so the person wouldn't feel bad, but in your case, there is definitely a difference! Nice work!
    LOL...thanks!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Some peoples kids tho!! Ur co worker needs some manners.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shabrick00
    Options
    So this is my second encounter with a friend/co-worker trying to put a damper on my success...I shared this pic with a co worker and I asked did she notice a difference she said "yes but i think its because of the way you were positioned". I was blown away by her comment...Tell me what you think.
    [img]http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab286/shabrick00/mfp pics/d9d7c8c8-2a57-4005-9204-81ed897cab4f_zpse8b4fa10.jpg[/img]

Look at you! Beautiful girl. No, it's not the position.. give me a break. It's hard work.
    Thank you!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    New hairdo?
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options

You are doing so well! Just keep in mind that you will feel better and better as this journey continues, and if people are jerks about it then so be it! You are totally awesome, don't forget that!!!!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference. Good job!

As for you coworker's reaction, it's really hard to say. Your success so far may have been a negative reminder of where she thinks she has failed. She also may have thought you were bragging or fishing for compliments. It's hard to say, but don't let it get you down. The simple truth is not everyone will be happy for you. You just have to be happy for yourself.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't expect everyone to be happy for you. Unfortunately, people aren't like that.

I can see a difference, though, and you look great. Well done.
  • sepulchura
    sepulchura Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    To poster: you're looking good, please keep it up, good on you, it feels great to feel better about yourself, doesn't it? :O)

To others: um, nothing really all that wrong with fishing for a compliment (not saying that is what poster is doing, just noticed it was a topic that came up in this thread).
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    rule #1: people suck
    rule #2: when in doubt, see rule #1
  • courtneylyn1
    courtneylyn1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can totally tell! You should be proud of yourself! Don't worry about your coworker and what they think! They are probably just hating because they are dying to know your secret!! Keep it up!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't expect everyone to be happy for you. Unfortunately, people aren't like that.

I can see a difference, though, and you look great. Well done.

This.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Be happy for you! You shouldn't be losing weight for others, but for yourself
  • shabrick00
    Options
    Ok. Honest opinion here.

You look beautiful before AND after. Like I think you're a super beautiful lady - and I commend you on a job well done!!

But honestly, one of my personal pet peeves is when people (in weight loss ads, TV, MFP, anywhere) have a before photo where they are clearly not looking their absolute best. No makeup, maybe not the cutest hairstyle or outfit they own...stuff like that...and then the after photo is of them at their best, with perfect hair/makeup and so on.

I do understand that for a lot of people it just has more impact that way. That is why advertisers tend to go that route. And I get it that sometimes if a person has gained a lot of weight they may not be at their best mentally/emotionally and therefore dress less carefully etc. Then when they lose weight and confidence builds, some people are more likely to take more pride in their style and their appearance in general.

BUT...I love it when people show before/after that has them the "same way" heavier & thinner. Whether natural and casual, or dolled up. To me personally it just has more impact that way and the change seems even more obvious.
    I just scrolled through another thread with face shots and your input there was very different then what you commented here....thats interesting...i saw some of the folks with and without make up but yet you were very impressed...and reading futhere in your comments i can now understand this comment a little better....
  • shabrick00
    Options
    New hairdo?
    yep surely do!
  • sepulchura
    sepulchura Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    New hairdo?
    yep surely do!

It suits you! :O)
  • shabrick00
    Options
    New hairdo?
    yep surely do!

It suits you! :O)
    Thank you!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I think she was wrong. It's not just because of how you were positioned. It's because of how you were positioned +lighting +makeup +hairstyle. Sorry but you are asking what I think. That is what I think.

ETA: see 5 minute makeovers thread
    ETA II: don't mind me I'm a makeup lady who lives in a town where headshots are big business
    ETA III: you are beautiful regardless
    ETA IV: if you have actually lost weight more power to you and congrats. Don't rely on others to mirror your success take your own pics same place same posture same clothes and then no one, not a co-worker or makeup lady online can take that away from you. There's a reason bathroom mirror and gym selfies are so popular on here. they show the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
    ETA V: Nobody crucify me today please. I think this thread should have been in motivation and support not success stories but I am getting tired of hearing myself say where the threads go I am starting to feel like I do at home telling people where to put their toys. If I'm tired of hearing me, I bet I'm not the only one. I'll stfu now. JK. I won't. But I will speak the truth, offer sincere support, tell you how to ignore ppl who don't matter, and remind you how not to invite the devil by not asking someone who just happens to get paid the same place you do for their opinion on something only you can be the judge of.
  • HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Forget the haters! Who the hell cares what they think? YOU are the only one that should care, Shabrick. I have been there, done that and I know first-hand that you are the only one in control of your happiness.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    To poster: you're looking good, please keep it up, good on you, it feels great to feel better about yourself, doesn't it? :O)

To others: um, nothing really all that wrong with fishing for a compliment (not saying that is what poster is doing, just noticed it was a topic that came up in this thread).

This forum's basic purpose is fishing for compliments. There's nothing wrong with it here. Look at what I've accomplished! Congratulations that's awesome! Oh my thank you!! Etc. It's all good.

But OP has had two bad experiences with co-workers. Maybe they're all just jealous and angry people. Or maybe there's a predictable presentation issue. Or maybe neutral responses are getting blown out of proportion. Who knows. One thing for sure is what I said - a lot of people respond poorly to obvious fishing for compliments. If the OP isn't doing that, great. Just something to think on, if there's an actual desire for conflict resolution.

If this thread isn't about the relationship problems, and is just about whether or not the OP looks like she's lost weight - well yeah she's lost weight in the picture. Different pose, makeup, lighting, hair and all. There's obvious weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!