EVERYONE IS NOT HAPPY FOR ME

Options

Replies

• tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You know what, you could have been positioned the same way in both photos, with your hair done the same way, and there would still be an obvious difference. In the "after" pic, not only is there clearly a smaller amount of flesh on your face, you're radiant!

But you know what? In the Before pic, you don't look happy, but your face really looks nice. I like the way you look in both photos. Years ago I did a clothing catalogue with nontraditional models ("traditional" meaning 22, white, and very thin). Each piece of clothing had a sketch of the clothes and a photo of the face of the woman who would wear it. When I see a face like yours, it kills me that I don't still have that clothing catalogue to do!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Shabrick, there's a notable difference in the after pic and you look fab! Ignore your so called friend, he/she is ill-mannered and mean spirited. I agree with wildob3- be your own best friend :)

I fall into this camp for sure.
    Rock that natural hair girl, it really looks good on you :blushing:
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    So this is my second encounter with a friend/co-worker trying to put a damper on my success...I shared this pic with a co worker and I asked did she notice a difference she said "yes but i think its because of the way you were positioned". I was blown away by her comment...Tell me what you think.
    [img]http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab286/shabrick00/mfp pics/d9d7c8c8-2a57-4005-9204-81ed897cab4f_zpse8b4fa10.jpg[/img]

Misery loves company. Some people will want to **** on your success: don't let them.

Tell them to go go **** themselves.

Also, you look lovely.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If you hadn't told me that both pictures were of you, I would not have known it. They don't even look like the same person. Which kind of makes sense. Because in a way, you're not. Kudos to you.
  • Toshad84
    Toshad84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! keep up the great work! Cheers!
  • queenb39
    queenb39 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look great and keep up the good work !!
    I was starting to feel a little discouraged because I lost 16 pounds and no one noticed. Maybe because I am so big. But I will keep trying and you do the same. Stop asking people what they think of you!!! Put your trust in the Lord !!!
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and commited. She felt threatened probably and now you can go on knowing that she is not a supportive person .

Keep the good work going :flowerforyou:
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous!!! She's crazy not to notice. Keep it up honey!!:)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...to catch up...

...on apparently so many MFP things rolled into one thread.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I think you need to quickly realise that the only person you're doing this for is yourself. This is your journey. Also know, the people you may have once thought were your friends will in fact show you (like the instance you've shared with us) that they are not the supportive, loving friends you once thought. A lot of people will envy your successes and be jealous of your newfound healthy lifestyle. Just know, if you can see a difference in the photo, in the way you feel, in clothes, in your happiness, then you are changing and it is all worthwhile. In saying that, I can see a big difference between your two photos! So well done!! I know you're proud of your efforts, unfortunately this will show you who your real friends are and who aren't :smile: which isn't necessarily a bad thing in the end! Keep it up!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    You can definitely tell! But some people aren't very visual. I wouldn't notice if I weren't looking for it because I'm not used to looking at details like necks, but now that I look closely it's very clear.

Your chin is lifted more in the earlier pic, so it's not like you were squishing it down into a bad angle for weight. If anything, the second pic is harder to have a thin neck in.

I bet she didn't really get to looking at your neck. She probably just did a long glance, lol.
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!!
    If you need another friend to replace the one at work :wink: Then friend request me.
    You are amazing, keep up the work and inspiring the ones around you by your actions.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to leave this here....

1.gif
  • alamogirl04
    Options
    I don't know why some people have to put a damper on everything. Your weight loss is very obvious. Your cheek bones are more defined, your chin, neck. You can tell you've lost weight. Keep up the good work. Your co-worker may feel threatened by your weight loss.
  • shabrick00
    shabrick00 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You were "blown away" by a perfectly neutral statement made by one person? A somehow this translates into "everyone" not being happy for you?

I think you are being oversensitive. (The angles WERE off in the pictures, to be honest.) I'd hate to see how you'd respond if somebody had ACTUALLY insulted you.

But yes, I do see a marked difference. You look very pretty.
    I'm sorry if YOU feel like I'm over sensitive that's a bold statement to make being that YOU DO NOT KNOW ME. What the title was SUPPOSE TO SAY was everyone will not be happy I don't want everyone to be happy because I don't know everyone .. But thanks for your input
  • shabrick00
    Options
    I'm just going to leave this here....

1.gif
    And what are you insinuating
  • shabrick00
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words and thank you to those you were not so kind.
  • shabrick00
    Options
    Shabrick, there's a notable difference in the after pic and you look fab! Ignore your so called friend, he/she is ill-mannered and mean spirited. I agree with wildob3- be your own best friend :)

I fall into this camp for sure.
    Rock that natural hair girl, it really looks good on you :blushing:
    thank You!! I love natural hair
  • VixenInTraining
    Options
    Aww boooo hoooo I lost a tiny fraction of my weight and nobody threw me a party!!!!

2llgkt4.jpg

Get over it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!