What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Special K with red berries or Fiber One chocolate squares cereal. For milk I use 30 calorie unsweetened almond milk. I made the transition from 2% cows milk last year. Saves me quite a few calories over the period of one year and frees up my caloric allowance just a bit.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Or two hardboiled eggs with any kind of mustard. Hardboiled eggs save you the butter calories. Mustard is very low or non-existant in calories. Eggs fill you up for a long time.
  • peterjasper
    peterjasper Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and light soy milk. I've never been a breakfast person, so this is a recent development.
  • TimmySue123
    Options
    1 slice of whole wheat brown bread
    1 fruit
    Green tea or coffee or tea(no sugar)
  • Shooter219
    Shooter219 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I usually have a mini bagel and three slices of pre cooked bacon, all of which I am forced to share with my one year old!! Haha, or I do a cup of low fat cottage cheese, again being forced to share!
  • tiffanydavey
    tiffanydavey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of oats! They don't generally take too long to cook. Say 5 minutes or so.. I have large flaked oats about 1/2 cup, water, tsp of coconut oil and a sprinkle of cocoa powder. Yummers!
    Or
    Slice of bread of choice toasted with laughing cow, then turkey back bacon or turkey pepperoni, topped with egg (2 egg whites and a whole egg) then I top that all with Dijon. Like a croque Madame without the calories.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I drink a healthy coffee that helps you lose weight. It has a special ingredient called ganoderma. It is an antioxidant. Since i drink cofee every morning, might as well drink the healthy coffee!

www.goodstuffog.wordpress.com/health-benefits/

I just read though, that it has lower caffeine than decaf...I need more than that in the am. But I think I'm going to try it - hopefully I can find it.
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    IT VARIES, but this morning its waffles, whole grain and syrup and capri sun, by 12 nnon ill be hungry and have a protein shake, some days its waffles, some cereal, some bread and peanut butter, some eggs, can be anything.
  • bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone already said this, but old fashion oatmeal only takes about 3 minutes on the stove! I don't care for it in the microwave, too mushy. Another quicky breakfast I make is toasted sprout bread or a whole grain with organic peanut butter and bananas, hard boiled eggs, protein shake with peanut butter and fruit.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I eat old fashioned rolled oats (half a cup) mixed with one egg, water and half a banana (in pieces). I zap it in the microwave for 90 seconds and then mix in the banana. It is a great filling breakfast!

This and sometimes I add pb and cinnamon to the it. :)
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    For breakfast i usually but not always have the following:-

a) Uncle tobys oatmeal original with a whole banana sliced into pieces and
    b) Cup of ganoderma tea or coffee and sometimes half a piece of fruit(any usually apple or pear)

and sometimes if im still hungry, ill include
    c) 2 X Toast of wheat bread with avocardo or jam&margarine.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I take oatmeal to work. 2 portions of quick oats (the kind that cooks in 60 seconds) in a yogurt container, with some brown sugar and cinnamon. When I get to work I throw some hot water from the tea machine in the lunch room into the container and by the time I get to my desk its ready to eat. I also bring 1 hard boiled egg and some Greek yogurt with fruit. 90% of the time I start eating around 7:30 and stop somewhere around 2pm :P - definitely a morning eater!
  • terridyment
    terridyment Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs, protein shakes , steal oats greek yogurt with fresh fruit.during the week. I cook my steal oats in the microwave and they taste just as good as if they were cooked on the stop and it only takes 2 minutes of cooking time in the microwave.

Another option is try getting up 5 -10 minutes earlier , I know it sounds awful, but the end results are better then not doing it.

Good Luck!!!
  • TheDoctor_13
    TheDoctor_13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well, just tried my first bowl of Old Fashioned oatmeal. Put on the stove top and also added peanut butter with banana slices, and some cinamon.
    Honestly I could only eat 1/4 of it. I forgot to turn it down thus I did loose some liquid so they didn't asorb all they needed. I'll try again in a few days.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Well, just tried my first bowl of Old Fashioned oatmeal. Put on the stove top and also added peanut butter with banana slices, and some cinamon.
    Honestly I could only eat 1/4 of it. I forgot to turn it down thus I did loose some liquid so they didn't asorb all they needed. I'll try again in a few days.

You'll figure out what works for you. The pb, banana, cinnamon combination sounds good and filling, too. If you have a pot with a nice tight-fitting lid, it'll help a bit.

ETA: I like bananas. Bananas are good. :wink:
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I have an Egg White Delight McMuffin sandwich and a large Diet Coke. :devil:
  • SomeWhatTwisted
    Options
    I cant stand breakfast food at all so i get up and make a chicken and baby spinach wrap with hot sauce.
  • griffith5150
    Options
    one egg with two slices of turkey bacon. maybe bread, tortilla, or a green apple along with.
  • musicgal86
    musicgal86 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've been making protein pancakes a lot recently!!! Love them