Why is this even remotely controversial?

Options

Replies

• tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    People will complain about ANYTHING these days.

This BS is getting so f'ing annoying & pathetic! Ugh.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    You can tell her kids are not by the same man. Lol! Gosh seriously and seriously not jealous at all I will say the title is rude. Not that being out of shape is anyone's fault but there own, still I am sensitive. I mean who would really want to be friends with someone with that personality. It just seems like showing out to me. I find it hard to believe she has ever been overweight in her life and genetically I find it hard to think she will ever be. Plus to have three kids, well these result not typical.

Tell me again about what's rude.

she's on a 100 day juice fast. she's hangry.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Eh, I find the whole, "I have kids... KIDS! NOTHING you do can be as hard as what I do!" mentality annoying, self-righteous, and just plain stupid.

There are plenty of people who have better "excuses" than a couple of kids.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I'm never going to be attractive because I don't want to look that way, not because it's hard or anything.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    I agree with this - if you get to workout for a living - then this could be you. If you are a SAHM with a gym with daycare- this could be you. If you work full-time have 4 kids, 2 dogs and a husband - THIS IS NOT YOU. I don't know anyone who looks like this under those circumstances. But I get better everyday. I don't hate her - maybe I wish I had her time though...
    If we're going to speak anecdotes, then I have 4 female clients that practically fit the full time, multiple kids, pets and husband criteria that do look like her.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    People will complain about ANYTHING these days.

This BS is getting so f'ing annoying & pathetic! Ugh.

Once you substantially remove the real threats to life - food scarcity, predators, etc.... - people have to find other problems. Suddenly hurt feelings seem so much more important.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You are a sad, sad man.

I never tore down her success. I said I don't believe it happened the way it is being portrayed. That doesn't negate her success. I'm starting to think you don't know how to read or just like to fight on the internet. You just really stomp your feet when people don't agree with you 100%. You're starting to bore me with your broken record stance. Vacating this thread because clearly having your own opinion is frowned upon.

I consider calling an extremely successful person a liar is an attempt to tear down her success, yes.

Yup. It marginalizes the effort they put in.

It also separates you and others from the knowledge that can get you there. That's sad. Would I prefer to beleive a lie just because it makes me feel better about my current fitness state for the moment? Or would I listen to the experiences of others who have achieved my goal whether they started exactly where I am or not? How many people will I find who a) have started exactly where I am and b) have achieved success and c) it's the exact success goal in strenght, lbs, BF%, clothing size I would want? Probably very very little. That's why incorporating the experiences of others is very important. I'm glad you are letting your critical thinking mind dissect the information provided. Just be careful your disbeleif comes from a valid place like suspecting an ulterior motive or fearing being "sold" on something etc. Not just from feeling inferior in the face of how easy and not as time consuming as you thought, it can be.

For me it was 3 times a week after my first kid starting 3 months out after the c section and 3 months later I was fit again. That's six months post baby, post op and with the exception of a small well placed c section scar....pre pregnancy bod.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    It's implying that everyone should look like her. The first issue is that not everyone wants to look like her. The second is that not every body type can look like that. The third is that there are people with actual physical issues that make looking like that a hell of a lot harder than it is for other people. Not everyone has the time time or money to devote to getting that body after 3 babies in 3 years.
    Also, let's not forget that the majority of pics on out there are photoshopped. I doubt she actually looks quite like that. Not a single stretch mark?. That is every woman's dream.
    It's shaming to women who don't look like her which isn't motivational to a lot of women. It's actually counter productive to many who know they can't attain perfect bodies or beauty. They look at the digitally enhanced images and ask themselves "why bother?".

Not everyone gets stretch marks from pregnancy.

I got a few on my *kitten* but that's it.

I don't believe this internet sensationalism. I might, if you post/send some pics of said *kitten* - I mean stretch marks. :bigsmile:
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    This thread has me crazy motivated. I cannot wait to hit the gym.

I ate a chocolate bar while reading this. But I'll do some burpees and it'll be aiiiiiiiigght
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I'm never going to be attractive because I don't want to look that way, not because it's hard or anything.

hipster
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Eh, I find the whole, "I have kids... KIDS! NOTHING you do can be as hard as what I do!" mentality annoying, self-righteous, and just plain stupid.

There are plenty of people who have better "excuses" than a couple of kids.

I just cringe at the juxtaposition of those 3 cute faces next to the word "excuse". That was another part of the pic that didn't sit well with me. I'd hate to think when I walk around all fat there's some fit mom looking at me and my kid and thinking of him as an "excuse". Kinda like when people call kids a "mistake". They're kids. Entire beings. Not tools, pawns, photo props, excuses, mistakes or any other thing. They grow up one day and learn to read, logon, and etc. Be careful what you put down for posterity regarding your kids.
  • _Rogue
    _Rogue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    *rolls eyes*
  • Lunnunis
    Lunnunis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry no one seems to be supporting your viewpoint. I understand where you are coming from.

The pressure, which is still mainly on women, to look good gets greater and greater, and not everyone can look as beautiful as her or have the same physique/build.

Maybe we should picture a fit handsome man with a huge package and say 'what's your excuse' to all the men. Then they can feel inferior for a moment. Yeah, I know we are free to reject that feeling of inferiority but the emotional sting is still there. You're not good enough if you don't look like a model/movie star is the message.

I'm glad for the lady and I'm sure her kids are being raised with a healthy lifestyle, which is a great thing. Just do it without the taunting message and I think everyone would be happier.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    *rolls eyes*

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options

I just cringe at the juxtaposition of those 3 cute faces next to the word "excuse". That was another part of the pic that didn't sit well with me. I'd hate to think when I walk around all fat there's some fit mom looking at me and my kid and thinking of him as an "excuse". Kinda like when people call kids a "mistake". They're kids. Entire beings. Not tools, pawns, photo props, excuses, mistakes or any other thing. They grow up one day and learn to read, logon, and etc. Be careful what you put down for posterity regarding your kids.

Yeah, I was immediately nauseated by the use of kids as props, but that's just me. I mean, they don't have a choice. They can't say "Hey Mom, I'd rather not be a public part of your social media empire"
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I still find the original picture/ message annoying. But I definitely believe everything about it, and it IS possible for other mothers to look like that and no it doesn't take that much actual time.
  • _Rogue
    _Rogue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    *rolls eyes*

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!

I knew someone would!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    This thread has me crazy motivated. I cannot wait to hit the gym.

I ate a chocolate bar while reading this. But I'll do some burpees and it'll be aiiiiiiiigght

I might have a burger tonight, so its cool
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options

hipster

LOL
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry no one seems to be supporting your viewpoint. I understand where you are coming from.

The pressure, which is still mainly on women, to look good gets greater and greater, and not everyone can look as beautiful as her or have the same physique/build.

Maybe we should picture a fit handsome man with a huge package and say 'what's your excuse' to all the men. Then they can feel inferior for a moment. Yeah, I know we are free to reject that feeling of inferiority but the emotional sting is still there. You're not good enough if you don't look like a model/movie star is the message.

I'm glad for the lady and I'm sure her kids are being raised with a healthy lifestyle, which is a great thing. Just do it without the taunting message and I think everyone would be happier.

My response would be "getting there!" I am inspired and enabled by successful people.

Then again, I am successful myself so I feel good about my accomplishments and direction.

That's probably the difference.