Why is this even remotely controversial?

Options

Replies

• Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I never met any obese people who have excuses. we dont need to explain ourselves to any of you. We don't owe you anything.

My sarcasmometer didn't go off on this one...

...which means either you're serious...

...or I need to have this usually remarkably accurate piece of expensive machinery recalibrated.

Which is it?

She is exceptionally serious. I bumped into her earlier this week. Im still trying to explain the interaction to my brain - she doesnt get it yet.

Yoovie why would you subject your brain to that kind of interaction in the first place. I for one feel sorry for your grey matter!
  • nmpoli
    nmpoli Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is not controversial at all. People are going way to deep on this. I wouldn't even apply this solely to mothers, women, or even fitness.

Put simply: If you are alive, (hopefully) you have goals. What's holding you back from those goals?

Why does everyone get their little feelings hurt all of the damn time? Someone achieving their goals does not diminish you. It should inspire you.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I never met any obese people who have excuses. we dont need to explain ourselves to any of you. We don't owe you anything.

...or I need to have this usually remarkably accurate piece of expensive machinery recalibrated.

Which is it?

She is exceptionally serious. I bumped into her earlier this week. Im still trying to explain the interaction to my brain - she doesnt get it yet.

So that means that she has truly never met an obese person with excuses??? I have.

Full disclosure: I've also met plenty of not-obese people with excuses too, so I don't want it to seem like I'm singling anyone out unfairly...but to say with a straight face that she (or anyone, really) has *never* met any obese people who have excuses is mind-boggling. It defies all...uh, all things that shouldn't be defied.

she says obese people are only obese for actual reasons.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    So, to sum it all up

Fit mom is fit, doesn't use children, work, or disabled husband as excuse.

Other mommies/fatties (Yeah, I said fatties) get mad and pull out a whole lot of reasons to discredit said fit mom

She must not have gained any real weight while preggo. She must have nannies/help. She must be neglecting her kids. She must be lying about he amount of work she puts in. She's victimizing women. She's trying to tell me I have to look like her! Well after I had MY baby I couldn't have thisthatandthethird.

And it all boils down to even in a thread where someone is saying "Don't make excuses, just do!" people are still making excuses.

Did I miss anything?

The question then becomes, WHO exactly was she targeting? The obese? The slightly overweight? The person with 5 pounds to lose? Should someone who is only a few pounds overweight be subjected to scrutiny?

Additionally, if "fit mom" is going to put herself in the public eye with a statement (photo) like that, she should have skin thick enough to endure the court of public opinion, which tends to execute anyone with even the slightest hint of self righteousness, regardless of intent.

It almost seems like a well executed publicity stunt.

I am willing and glad to be a target for this.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Which is it?

Yoovie why would you subject your brain to that kind of interaction in the first place. I for one feel sorry for your grey matter!

she sneak attacked me! She totally threw me to mob as someone who has no right to talk about being overweight cause Im not anymore.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    So, to sum it all up

Other mommies/fatties (Yeah, I said fatties) get mad and pull out a whole lot of reasons to discredit said fit mom

She must not have gained any real weight while preggo. She must have nannies/help. She must be neglecting her kids. She must be lying about he amount of work she puts in. She's victimizing women. She's trying to tell me I have to look like her! Well after I had MY baby I couldn't have thisthatandthethird.

And it all boils down to even in a thread where someone is saying "Don't make excuses, just do!" people are still making excuses.

Did I miss anything?

51449-Kristen-Wiig-humping-Seth-Meye-ni3A.gif

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    So, to sum it all up

Did I miss anything?

The question then becomes, WHO exactly was she targeting? The obese? The slightly overweight? The person with 5 pounds to lose? Should someone who is only a few pounds overweight be subjected to scrutiny?

Additionally, if "fit mom" is going to put herself in the public eye with a statement (photo) like that, she should have skin thick enough to endure the court of public opinion, which tends to execute anyone with even the slightest hint of self righteousness, regardless of intent.

It almost seems like a well executed publicity stunt.

she was targeting the people that follow her facebook page

ETA - also - her skin is thick and she isnt complaining about the whiners or probably even giving a frak.

also, this picture has been around for over a year.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Which is it?

So that means that she has truly never met an obese person with excuses??? I have.

Full disclosure: I've also met plenty of not-obese people with excuses too, so I don't want it to seem like I'm singling anyone out unfairly...but to say with a straight face that she (or anyone, really) has *never* met any obese people who have excuses is mind-boggling. It defies all...uh, all things that shouldn't be defied.

Wow.

That is...

...bold.
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Achyra - what the hell is on your ticker? Are those cookies? LOL
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I just turned on the radio and this is being discussed.

People are saying she is neglectful to her children. Lawl.

People are ridiculous. A woman takes some time for herself and she's neglecting her children? :grumble:
  • whierd
    Options

Which is it?

I am obese because I was a fatty who didn't want to stop drinking 2L of Mountain Dew or get off *kitten* and go to the gym. I kept saying "maybe next week" and kept making excuses to put it off.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Achyra - what the hell is on your ticker? Are those cookies? LOL
    I think those are her Nutella brownies... :love: I still haven't tried making them yet.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Which is it?

she sneak attacked me! She totally threw me to mob as someone who has no right to talk about being overweight cause Im not anymore.

So by extension, this means that you (and anyone else who was once overweight but are no longer) have managed to cure an actual condition (and didn't just sack up and make it happen)...

...so, uh, congratulations on overcoming your medical affliction...I guess.

Edit: because "affliction" is more appropriate than "diagnosis".
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Which is it?

is overeating an actual reason?
  • whierd
    Options

Which is it?

Wow.

That is...

...bold.

I disagree with your word choice.

I would say it is ludacris.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

Which is it?

Like, they consumed a whole lot more calories than they burned. Actual reason. (Except that everyone is that special snowflake with thryroid issues or the mythical slow metabolism :huh: )
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I imagine she's always looked like that, making body recovery quicker and easier, so not taking away as much time from her kids as someone going from 300 lbs to where she is now in 8 months.

The reason I think that is because her husband apparently was tapping that as soon as the 6-wk recovery period ended after each pregnancy was over. Who can blame him?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Which is it?

Wow.

That is...

...bold.

I was going for understatement...

...but I have no issue with your interpretation.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    5659a361bc782ff9e9c8098b388224c5.jpg

You can tell that the wheelchair makes the handstand easier.
  • whierd
    Options

Which is it?

Wow.

That is...

...bold.

I was going for understatement...

...but I have no issue with your interpretation.

You missed the joke in the first thread. :P