Why is this even remotely controversial?

Options

Replies

• ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I think she looks fabulous, just how I would like to be, sadly I'd need surgery to look like that even at my target weight! However the strap line is true, so many women (and men) blame being busy for being overweight and unfit, it's one of the most common excuses that people make for poor diet choices and lack of exercise -I know I did. I'm also very impressed that she has all three of her kids in a photo, looking at the camera and she's not having to hang on to any of them. I only have two boys but I think every photo of us when they were little involved me grabbing one or other of them. :smile:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I think this pic is like a Rorschach/ink blot test.

/thread (ideally)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I stand by my position that it's unseemly to flaunt what you've got to others who don't have it. You're free to disagree with me. Cheers!

Sarcasm? Let's hope.

Meh, I'm pretty sure it's jealousy.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just can't believe this lady's 15 minutes of fame hasn't dried up as yet.

Seriously...how did this one photo get so much attention. I think the so-called "controversy" was all manufactured on purpose.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I stand by my position that it's unseemly to flaunt what you've got to others who can't have it. You're free to disagree with me. Cheers!

Sarcasm? Let's hope.

fixed
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I stand by my position that it's unseemly to flaunt what you've got to others who can't have it. You're free to disagree with me. Cheers!

Sarcasm? Let's hope.

fixed

A bit better, thanks Yoovie :wink: :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, don't want kids, but I find it really sad how many women blame things that they don't like about their lives on their children, whether it's the damage childbirth has done to their bodies, lack of time, lack of money, etc. If it had been my parents saying things like that, I'd have felt really unloved and unwanted. I felt guilty enough knowing I was a difficult pregnancy and my mom spent a good chunk of it in the hospital in traction, without feeling like I ruined her life on top of it. :ohwell:

That said, both my parents are gone, and I really wish they'd made their health more of a priority. Maybe they'd still be here. If exercising regularly would have made them healthier and stronger, I would gladly trade a couple hours each week that they spent with me as a kid to have them with me now.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, don't want kids, but I find it really sad how many women blame things that they don't like about their lives on their children, whether it's the damage childbirth has done to their bodies, lack of time, lack of money, etc. If it had been my parents saying things like that, I'd have felt really unloved and unwanted. I felt guilty enough knowing I was a difficult pregnancy and my mom spent a good chunk of it in the hospital in traction, without feeling like I ruined her life on top of it. :ohwell:

That said, both my parents are gone, and I really wish they'd made their health more of a priority. Maybe they'd still be here. If exercising regularly would have made them healthier and stronger, I would gladly trade a couple hours each week that they spent with me as a kid to have them with me now.

Exactly :flowerforyou:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I have two daughters, and while I could start the whole blame vs acknowledge debate (very similar to the excuse vs reason one held earlier), I will totally acknowledge that my body is different because of having kids.

My boobs - I loved them before kids. After kids, NO. In fact, when I split from my ex, I didn't want to show anyone them ever again, thats how much I hated them. It was a direct result of pregnancy, and then nursing.

Unless I surgically alter them, they will never be the same and I am working to love them as they are now.

Similarly... my tummy. I have loose skin there, a direct result of two 9 pound basketballs . When I stand, it looks good. If my pants sit at a certain spot, the skin bulges over. If I twist a certain way, the skin puckers. It will never be the same, and I am working to love it as it is now.

THAT SAID...

IN NO WAY do I "blame" my kids, or harbor any ill will toward them. They are my EVERYTHING, my ALL, and I would do it all again, and more, to have them in my life.

Kids are also huge time suckers. But they are worth every minute sucked.

SO... while I ACKNOWLEDGE that having kids makes life challenging physically and strategically as it relates to my fitness and body.... I do not BLAME them whatsoever, because I adore them with every last ounce of my being.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    This has gone seriously viral now.

I find it really amusing.

I bet places like "MumsNet" must have gone absolutely mental about it. :laugh:
  • CollieFit
    Options
    I like this....

Shes-82-Years-old-300x300.png
  • CollieFit
    Options
    If I remember right the original "What's Your Excuse" stuff came out of disability sports didn't it?!

E.g. stuff like this...

Excuse.jpg
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I like this....

I don't know. Look how smug she is. She's asking why I don't look like her, isn't she? Why don't I have an awesome blue track suit? It's the only possible explanation.... :grumble:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I like this....

I don't know. Look how smug she is. She's asking why I don't look like her, isn't she? Why don't I have an awesome blue track suit? It's the only possible explanation.... :grumble:

I think her blue track suit was photoshopped. There's no way an 82 year old has a track suit that awesome!! I heard she works in making track suits, and hires people to help her, so obviously she has more time for it. Regular people like us can't be expected to have an awesome blue track suit like that. What did her track suit look like before she turned 82! That's what I want to know!
  • TheMelephant
    Options
    I like this....

I think her blue track suit was photoshopped. There's no way an 82 year old has a track suit that awesome!! I heard she works in making track suits, and hires people to help her, so obviously she has more time for it. Regular people like us can't be expected to have an awesome blue track suit like that. What did her track suit look like before she turned 82! That's what I want to know!

Hahahahahaha.
    Oh god.

But honestly, I find people's criticism of her to be silly.
    People shouldn't hate on her just because she decided to put the effort in.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I like this....

Binary... I :heart: you!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I like this....

I just want to add that it's obvious she's a bad grandma!
  • TheMelephant
    Options
    I like this....

Obviously neglecting her grandkids.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I like this....

I :heart: all of you! :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I like this....

I :heart: all of you! :laugh:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: