Juice fast anyone?

Options
Schatze1975
Schatze1975 Posts: 53
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I'm looking for other juice fast dieters! I'm on day four of 100 and looking for others who have been juicing :)

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Your going to drink juice for 100 days?? :noway:
  • Schatze1975
    Options
    Yes, today is day four! :)
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Have fun failing !
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will lose weight, BUT once you start eating real food you will put the weight back on that you loss and maybe even more. Why not just eat at a deficit, exercise and lose weight? Just a thought.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Have fun failing !

Awww, that was mean.... True, but mean. :smile:

I agree -- Eat at a deficit, meet your macros, move your tail. In 100 days you'll be a lot better off than following a juicing diet.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Nope, like food too much. :drinker:

aintnodamnwayimgoingintherewadefishing.jpg
  • Schatze1975
    Options
    Okay well telling me I can't do it will only make me push harder. Seriously, some of the comments very negative. And FYI after the 100 days I plan on a day off eating less than 2000 cal then going back on it another 100 days. Then I will be eating lean protein and gym will be a habit.

Seriously the telling me I will fail is just wrong. I came here a couple days ago for motivation. I don't expect this to be a forever thing of juicing completely every meal. But for these 100 days it will be.
  • Cazco29
    Cazco29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, there's a group for juicers on MFP, search for 'Juice Fasting - Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead'. :smile:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I like food too much, no way I could juice for 100 days.....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    but... but....

the bacon?

how do you juice the bacon???
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for other juice fast dieters! I'm on day four of 100 and looking for others who have been juicing :)

So what's your plan to get in your dietary fats? Or protein?
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    a:laugh: h:laugh: a:laugh: h:laugh: a:laugh: h:laugh: a:laugh: h:laugh: a:laugh: h:laugh: a:laugh: h:laugh: a:laugh: h:laugh: a:laugh: h:laugh: a
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Okay well telling me I can't do it will only make me push harder. Seriously, some of the comments very negative. And FYI after the 100 days I plan on a day off eating less than 2000 cal then going back on it another 100 days. Then I will be eating lean protein and gym will be a habit.

Seriously the telling me I will fail is just wrong. I came here a couple days ago for motivation. I don't expect this to be a forever thing of juicing completely every meal. But for these 100 days it will be.

200 days with out much protein or fats, you'll lose a lot of muscle from not consuming enough protein and your hormones will probably be out of whack from not consuming enough fats in your diet.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I can juice substitute one meal a day .. But, no 100 days for this kid! Good luck to you :)
  • ladycclear
    ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've done a few 3 day juice fasts for health and cleansing and will probably do a 7-14 day cleansing reboot sometime later this winter. Right now I am eating a yummy-tastic muffin for lunch I made from scratch with the apple and carrot pulp from my fresh breakfast juice. :) I'm looking for more "pals" for extra inspiration on here. Feel free to request me.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand the rude comments. If you think it's an unhealthy lifestyle, then offer some real feedback, not just discouraging words. That kind of defeats the point of myfitnesspal. This site is here for people to work on themselves and get positive feedback and support. Didn't your mothers ever teach you not to say anything if you couldn't say something nice?

ANYWAY I'm a juicer. I haven't gotten to the point where I'm ready to do any kind of 100% fast but I usually have 1-2 juices a day as either a meal replacement or just for added nutrients. There are a ton of pages on facebook with amazing supporters and recipes, etc. Search "juicing vegetables" and "juicing phenomenon."

Don't let the nay-sayers discourage you. Juicing has been known to be an extremely effective and healthy form of weight loss. But you don't need me to tell you that. Good on you for taking on such a big challenge and having the determination to stick with it. I envy people like you.

And be sure to post progress pics when you complete the challenge (or along the way)!
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lufjiqxkTF1ql48w6o2_500.gif
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    So what's your plan to get in your dietary fats? Or protein?
    [/quote]

This. Three months of a nearly all carb diet doesn't sound very balanced. You must be planning to get fat and protein somewhere, right?
  • mattsorenson982
    Options
    There are better ways to tell someone about the pro's and cons of things dietary - if the gal wants to find someone who is into juicing, and you're not it, just stfu. MFP superstars on here are ridiculous
This discussion has been closed.