Wearing makeup to the gym

Options

Replies

• jadesdca
    jadesdca Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I honestly don't get it. But then, I don't typically wear much make-up anyway. I look like a freakin' BEAST when I workout hard anyway and no amount of makeup will cover up my crazy red face. So I guess there's no chance of picking up someone at the gym for me - darn. LOL! But it's so bad for your pores to exercise with a full face of makeup, I don't understand why so many women do it.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up personally, but if they are wearing make-up at the gym and it's not during or after work, then in my eyes they are fake. They can't handle looking at themselves without make-up on and must look good all the time.

Maybe they just like make up.

I think it's a bit arrogant to believe you have some personal insight into a woman's psyche just because of what she has on her face.

Just one woman's opinion. Nothing says you have to agree with me. Quite frankly, I just don't like make-up. People look good without it. It's one more thing the tabloids make us feel we need to wear to look good. If women want to wear it to make themselves feel good, that's their choice. I'm just an au-naturale person.

And by the way, thanks for calling me arrogant. :smile:

backpedaling-o.gif
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up personally, but if they are wearing make-up at the gym and it's not during or after work, then in my eyes they are fake. They can't handle looking at themselves without make-up on and must look good all the time.

I think it's a bit arrogant to believe you have some personal insight into a woman's psyche just because of what she has on her face.

Just one woman's opinion. Nothing says you have to agree with me. Quite frankly, I just don't like make-up. People look good without it. It's one more thing the tabloids make us feel we need to wear to look good. If women want to wear it to make themselves feel good, that's their choice. I'm just an au-naturale person.

You're welcome. Thanks for calling me and women like me who chose to wear make up fake.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I guess the difference is I don't waste my time forming poorly informed opinions about women who DON'T wear makeup to the gym.

Each to his own and all that I suppose
  • Mutant13
    Options

backpedaling-o.gif

I see what you did there you clever minx ;)
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't go without some eyeshadow and under eye concealer. I'm very pale, as in pasty white and casper-ish and completely bare faced people either think I'm so tired I'm gonna pass out, or ill. >.>
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I personally don't. There's a chick in my spinning class on saturday mornings who ALWAYS has on a fresh coat of red lipstick. I have never understood why, or how she manages to keep it from melting off during class. I would look like the joker if i did that, i get soooo sweaty haha.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I don't mean after work, or on your lunch break.... I work out at about 9-10 am

is anybody even in there to care at that time?

apparently the OP is
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'm not the "average answer," but it's to hide the really obvious red on my cheeks due to rosacea. It's not really about anyone else, but about how I feel about the red, "look like I'm about to faint even though I'm not" face. That doesn't mean I look cute after a workout though....
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i rarely go to the gym now but only time id have make up on is from whats left over from my day at work
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

You're welcome. Thanks for calling me and women like me who chose to wear make up fake.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I guess the difference is I don't waste my time forming poorly informed opinions about women who DON'T wear makeup to the gym.

You said everything I wanted to say to this Mutant, so uh, I'll just leave this here. :flowerforyou:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

You're fake?! I so wanted you to be real. I was working on perfecting my eyeliner application JUST FOR YOU! :sad: :brokenheart:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of ladies at the gym I go to now wear a full face of makeup just to work out. I can't understand why someone would put an entire face of makeup on unless they weren't going to work hard enough to sweat it off.

Don't get me wrong, I don't always go completely bare faced. I am very fair with blonde eyebrows, so I do pencil them in just a bit so I don't look albino... but aside from that why would anyone bother? Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me.

I work third shift and go to the gym after I get off work...I regularly go with my false eyelashes still atttached and my lips red...the eyelashes are all but steamed off when I leave, but, hey...
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options

I'm just saying. Give me 3 good reasons why you should wear make-up to the gym and I won't call you fake. You sweat it all off anyhow.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    The only time I notice when someone is wearing make up at the gym is when they're young and they have their hair all done up and perfect and they're barely breaking a sweat while they text and primp in front of the mirror.

Unless you are right on top of me and in my face I have no clue, nor do I care, if you are wearing make up. To each their own.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    So you're telling me that there are people who go to the gym who are concerned about their appearance? Surely not!
  • _Bajiggity
    _Bajiggity Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I go after work and I am not going home to wash off makeup first. I don't understand why so many people are bothered by something another person does. Really, does it matter?
  • Mutant13
    Options

You're fake?! I so wanted you to be real. I was working on perfecting my eyeliner application JUST FOR YOU! :sad: :brokenheart:

It's ok darling. I'm real if you just believe in me!
  • rachaelbarton
    rachaelbarton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    People are self-conscious, probably because people like you are staring at them.
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Anyone that wears makeup period is just asking for trouble....

That's intense, lol, please elaborate...

I happen to be a makeup artist, so I'd like to know what I'm in for.

It's just asking to be treated all... rapishly.

Edit: is it rapeishly? I've gotta get down with the new lingo.

Does this mean you treat a man/woman rapeishly because they are wearing makeup??

She does. I wore guyliner around her once and she kept grabbing my *kitten*. I had to move. :(

:laugh:
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    IMO, makeup is a waste of my time unless it's for a sexy or special occasion. I like the way I look in it, but because I have two kids under the age of three, I personally believe I have better things to do with my time. I wouldn't really care if someone else wore makeup to work out, but I definitely don't think that working out is an appropriate occasion for me to wear makeup.

To each their own, though. My stepmother refuses to leave the house without makeup. I think she's beautiful regardless, but makeup brings out her eyes in a beautiful way and makes her ivory skin look elegant. Once again, to each their own.