Wearing makeup to the gym

Options

Replies

• just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I don't wear make up personally, but if they are wearing make-up at the gym and it's not during or after work, then in my eyes they are fake. They can't handle looking at themselves without make-up on and must look good all the time.

Maybe they just like make up.

I think it's a bit arrogant to believe you have some personal insight into a woman's psyche just because of what she has on her face.

Just one woman's opinion. Nothing says you have to agree with me. Quite frankly, I just don't like make-up. People look good without it. It's one more thing the tabloids make us feel we need to wear to look good. If women want to wear it to make themselves feel good, that's their choice. I'm just an au-naturale person.

And by the way, thanks for calling me arrogant. :smile:

You're welcome. Thanks for calling me and women like me who chose to wear make up fake.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I guess the difference is I don't waste my time forming poorly informed opinions about women who DON'T wear makeup to the gym.

Each to his own and all that I suppose

I'm just saying. Give me 3 good reasons why you should wear make-up to the gym and I won't call you fake. You sweat it all off anyhow.

1. I came to the gym after work and I don't feel like washing it off pre-workout
    2. I have really bad acne that I am super self conscious about and I wear make up to cover it up
    3. I have a birth mark on my face that I'm super self conscious about so I wear make up to cover it up.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I appreciate a woman with strategically done makeup.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up personally, but if they are wearing make-up at the gym and it's not during or after work, then in my eyes they are fake. They can't handle looking at themselves without make-up on and must look good all the time.

I think it's a bit arrogant to believe you have some personal insight into a woman's psyche just because of what she has on her face.

Just one woman's opinion. Nothing says you have to agree with me. Quite frankly, I just don't like make-up. People look good without it. It's one more thing the tabloids make us feel we need to wear to look good. If women want to wear it to make themselves feel good, that's their choice. I'm just an au-naturale person.

You're welcome. Thanks for calling me and women like me who chose to wear make up fake.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I guess the difference is I don't waste my time forming poorly informed opinions about women who DON'T wear makeup to the gym.

I'm just saying. Give me 3 good reasons why you should wear make-up to the gym and I won't call you fake. You sweat it all off anyhow.

1. I have good make up and am not a heavy sweater so it doesn't actually come off
    2. Because I like that I get to wake up every day and draw on my face with pretty colours
    3. To p!ss off judgemental lady-haters like you

EDIT- I wrote face twice. Teehee
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I wear clown make-up - but the shoes are brutal on the stair climber
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I will usually head to the gym after work and still have my makeup on. I don't get ready for the gym though, that's a whole different story.

^^This^^ If I go in the morning or during the weekend I use a tinted moisturizer because I need moisturizer either way, and it's tinted so I don't feel like a total gargoyle. It's important to still feel good about yourself.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

I was actually typing up a list, and then realized no one owes you "three good reasons" for doing anything in their personal life. Are you serious right now? :grumble:

It's also funny to me that you think people are "fake" based on wearing make-up. Being fake isn't skin deep. It's odd to me, too, that you are so hyper-focused on what other people are doing/look like. Seems shallow. *shrug*
  • MandysChange
    MandysChange Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym right after I drop my kids off at school. I see lots of early 20's girls there with all of the latest workout clothing and a face full of makeup. I don't get it. We are there to work and sweat our butts off, not to find a date for that night. I think some just have their priorities wrong, but maybe I am wrong because I hardly ever wear makeup. I am an all natural person when it comes to makeup.
  • whierd
    Options

1. She wants to feel attractive.
    2. On a tight schedule and didnt have time to remove her makeup before the gym.
    3. None of your business.
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Remember the Mariah Carey episode of "Cribs' where she did the stairmaster in stilettos? I say why not? There's nothing wrong with looking and feeling good while you work out. And vice versa. To each his own.
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options

1. I have good make up and am not a heavy sweater so it doesn't actually come off
    2. Because I like that I get to wake up every day and draw on my face with pretty colours on my face
    3. To p!ss of judgemental lady-haters like you

Not good enough. Those are NOT 3 good legit reasons, so take it up with someone else.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Like this:
    camo.jpg
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options

You know what's fake? That "thanks for calling me arrogant" comment up there. I think that's a fake smiley face.
  • BurningAway
    Options

2. Because I like that I get to wake up every day and draw on my face with pretty colours on my face

Not good enough. Those are NOT 3 good legit reasons, so take it up with someone else.

What would be three good reasons in your eyes?
  • whierd
    Options
    Like this:
    camo.jpg

Only if they give me three legit reasons to wear it, which I will shoot down because they do not fit my nasty opinion.
  • Mutant13
    Options

Oh crap guys.

My reasons aren't good enough. That validation that we desperately needed to do whatever we want with our own faces is gone!

Quick everyone! Throw away your make up! For Lady Buckeye hath said that we must! I am so sorry we have not sated your need for good reasons, oh wise and powerful commander of all gyms ever.
  • BurningAway
    Options
    I go to the gym right after I drop my kids off at school. I see lots of early 20's girls there with all of the latest workout clothing and a face full of makeup. I don't get it. We are there to work and sweat our butts off, not to find a date for that night. I think some just have their priorities wrong, but maybe I am wrong because I hardly ever wear makeup. I am an all natural person when it comes to makeup.

This may come as a surprise to you, but there is a huge difference in priorities between you a mother of three kids and a 20 something at the gym who is kidless she might be trying to meet a fit good looking male at the gym while your focused on getting fit to keep up with your kids :) or whatever your reasons are.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    Like this:
    camo.jpg

Only if they give me three legit reasons to wear it, which I will shoot down because they do not fit my nasty opinion.
    They probably shouldn't bother anyway since they're just going to sweat it all off in the field. :grumble:
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Glurb...glurble...burble....blurb...

What's that?

That's the sound of your terrible argument floundering
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    ^
    I
    I
    I

LOL. Actually. I actually LOL'ed.

@SarahCate, one up
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    This is only my opinion, not to be confused with any factual research (for clarity)...

Women are nasty creatures. Competitive by nature for "mates" but mostly status!

The women you are referring to most likely feel if they doll themselves up for the gym they look better than their peers who sweat it off and work hard ... Thus giving them higher status in their eyes.

And just for the record I'm not a real make-up kinda girl ... Special occasions and such. But the only time I'd ever wear make-up to the gym is if I just came from work and had no time to remove it.

This touches on one of my pet peeves .. Why bother going to the gym if you don't wanna HIT IT and sweat? ... Plus, the feeling of walking outta that place after you put in a hard effort is like you won first place in a marathon. I tend to hold my head high even as an obese lady!! SO worth it :)

Didn't take long to unearth the misogyny, did it??