My legs wont grow...

Options

Replies

• LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say that everyone can't have perfect bodies no matter how much they work out. After all the lifting and protein eating, if you aren't gaining in your legs, then you probably never will. I say you should just get used to your legs and learn to work with what you got. We all have imperfections that can't be fixed, luckily, you can cover yours up if you want to.
    Cop out for those who aren't willing to work hard enough for gains or is complacent. Increasing knowledge does make a difference. The OP's current regimen is for strength and not sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. He's gotten suggestions that are correct to achieve it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This is not from a person who is a cop out. This is because everyone is always looking for perfection when the truth is nobody is perfect. If we learn to live with the flaws we have, we wouldn't be so obsessive on the things we weren't born with. The OP is doing all these exercises for bigger legs, when most of us are trying to slim our legs. So what he has chicken legs. He can just wear pants, which most men do all the time anyway unless he lives in LA or Miami. Some people can't hide their imperfections as simply as you can with skinny legs, so they spend millions of dollars on cosmetic surgery trying to be perfect. All I'm saying is God gave some of us bodies where we don't have to work excessively to get and those that don't have them may never have them, even with all the exercise in the world. AND just because you put a lot of letters on your post behind your name does not make you are an expert on bodies and how they are shaped. Just sayin'
    So what expertise do you have on physiology and sports science?

Hypertrophy is a process you CAN induce given the right parameters. That is a fact. Nobody has to settle for less than they desire. Your genetics can affect how long it takes to get to where you want, but reaching genetic potential is a journey of many, many years so I very much doubt at 25 he has no prospect of further muscle development.

And for what it's worth, I'm sure there's a looooot of people here who aren't trying to slim their legs at all.

I'm just as much as an expert as anyone else on this site giving the OP advice. You have your opinion and I have mine. He can listen to a bunch of so-called experts tell him what he's not doing right to bulk up his legs or he can LET IT GO, it's JUST LEGS that won't bulk up, probably cuz they never will, especially since he's been doing all the exercise routines in the world and they still aren't the way he wants them to be.
    What's the difference between myofibril and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy?
    She needs a day or so to google-fu to be an "expert" on it.

IDEA Fitness member

I'm not claiming to be an expert as you are, but I'm not on a weight loss website claiming to be a personal trainer either. Oh, I guess you're just on this site trolling for new customers to practice your expertise on.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say that everyone can't have perfect bodies no matter how much they work out. After all the lifting and protein eating, if you aren't gaining in your legs, then you probably never will. I say you should just get used to your legs and learn to work with what you got. We all have imperfections that can't be fixed, luckily, you can cover yours up if you want to.
    Cop out for those who aren't willing to work hard enough for gains or is complacent. Increasing knowledge does make a difference. The OP's current regimen is for strength and not sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. He's gotten suggestions that are correct to achieve it.

IDEA Fitness member

This is not from a person who is a cop out. This is because everyone is always looking for perfection when the truth is nobody is perfect. If we learn to live with the flaws we have, we wouldn't be so obsessive on the things we weren't born with. The OP is doing all these exercises for bigger legs, when most of us are trying to slim our legs. So what he has chicken legs. He can just wear pants, which most men do all the time anyway unless he lives in LA or Miami. Some people can't hide their imperfections as simply as you can with skinny legs, so they spend millions of dollars on cosmetic surgery trying to be perfect. All I'm saying is God gave some of us bodies where we don't have to work excessively to get and those that don't have them may never have them, even with all the exercise in the world. AND just because you put a lot of letters on your post behind your name does not make you are an expert on bodies and how they are shaped. Just sayin'

Hypertrophy is a process you CAN induce given the right parameters. That is a fact. Nobody has to settle for less than they desire. Your genetics can affect how long it takes to get to where you want, but reaching genetic potential is a journey of many, many years so I very much doubt at 25 he has no prospect of further muscle development.

And for what it's worth, I'm sure there's a looooot of people here who aren't trying to slim their legs at all.

I'm just as much as an expert as anyone else on this site giving the OP advice. You have your opinion and I have mine. He can listen to a bunch of so-called experts tell him what he's not doing right to bulk up his legs or he can LET IT GO, it's JUST LEGS that won't bulk up, probably cuz they never will, especially since he's been doing all the exercise routines in the world and they still aren't the way he wants them to be.

IDEA Fitness member

I'm not claiming to be an expert as you are, but I'm not on a weight loss website claiming to be a personal trainer either. Oh, I guess you're just on this site trolling for new customers to practice your expertise on.

Being someone who has been here a long time with different accounts, I can say that ninerbuff has been here longer. And he's never tried to sell anything. He posts his credentials because credentials matter.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options
    Yeah I said it. What's the big deal about skinny legs?! Just because you see someone else with it, doesn't mean you can achieve it too. But then again, I forgot people are shallow and can't help but want 'perfection'. That's why everyone wants to appear perfect to make up for all the other insecurities we can't see. It's why implants and botox were invented; to make lips, butts, and who knows what else bigger because they want what someone else has.

There's no big deal about having skinny legs, if that's what you want. But this is a thread about a guy wanting to add mass to his legs and asking for advice on how to change things up in order to achieve that.

I don't think wearing pants will satisfy him.

Also, you can't even be bothered to put a photo up, so don't hate on a guy putting his credentials up. At least he is offering some advice to the OP from his professional and personal experience. What are you offering?

Oh, that's right: nothing.

Now I'm starting to miss numbered list guy calling us all stupid....

I offered him advice, you just don't like my response. I wasn't responding to you I was responding to the OP. BTW, I don't have to put a picture up if I don't want to. It has nothing to do with my repsonse, anyway. Most people put up bogus photos anyway, i.e. yours, So when you post a question and ask for advice then you can have something to say about my advice. When you put your business out in the open, you may not like the response. If you can't take the truth, then don't open yourself up to it.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

Being someone who has been here a long time with different accounts, I can say that ninerbuff has been here longer. And he's never tried to sell anything. He posts his credentials because credentials matter.

Oh Yeah, we have to believe everything we read on the internet, because it's the internet.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

And people say I'm unhelpful. Just wear pants and accept your skinny legs because somethingsomething it'll never happen!

Sheesh
    Yeah I said it. What's the big deal about skinny legs?! Just because you see someone else with it, doesn't mean you can achieve it too. But then again, I forgot people are shallow and can't help but want 'perfection'. That's why everyone wants to appear perfect to make up for all the other insecurities we can't see. It's why implants and botox were invented; to make lips, butts, and who knows what else bigger because they want what someone else has.

So, have you given up on "getting sexy"? Whatcha wearing?

That's why the have men's skinny jeans. So the OP can still look sexy, pants and all
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    weight loss website???

naive

fitness pal not fatloss pal
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

Oh Yeah, we have to believe everything we read on the internet, because it's the internet.

You're special. I'm sure he's just making it all up. Staging the pictures and everything.
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

You're special. I'm sure he's just making it all up. Staging the pictures and everything.

The real question is.....why have you been on here with different accounts?
  • LJGettinSexy
    Options
    weight loss website???

naive

UHHHHH! I don't know what site you've been logging your food and exercise on but people come here to lose weight. It may be an underground dating site, from some of the posts I've seen or something else, but MOST people are on this site to lose weight, whether YOU want to admit it or not.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Okay so thanks everyone for ignoring my questions completely. (guess I'm not the OP so i shouldn't excpect an answer but was just askign just in case) You guise didn't actually click "ignore" on me though did you?

Anyways so yeah now that milkman has chimed in I guess if I recall correctly I was drinking a sh1t-ton of milk in those days when I did all the jumping so maybe that explains my thighs. Or genetics. I did very little arm stuff back then and my arms were slender and my thighs were thick which is why I inferred that only doing one would make that part grow and then later add the arms because when i did free weights i did it all over and my arms got more smooth and muscly than just thin an slender so that's why i was asking. sorry for coming off like a dumbsh!t who didn't even deserve a response but yeah, milk maybe. IDK.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Have all the clients I need right now. I'm on here to help pass on correct knowledge based on research and experience of 30 years. And just in case you think I'm just "claiming" to be a personal trainer, here's a link for you.

http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/trainer_profile.aspx?acecp=dyyx3v8

IDEA Fitness member
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    weight loss website???

naive

UHHHHH! I don't know what site you've been logging your food and exercise on but people come here to lose weight. It may be an underground dating site, from some of the posts I've seen or something else, but MOST people are on this site to lose weight, whether YOU want to admit it or not.

Not necessarily the case at all.

For example: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50202-goal-gaining-weight
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

This is some of the most horrible advice I've ever seen. Why are you even here? From your ticker, you're trying to lose weight. Why aren't you just happy with being fat? You'll probably never lose the weight, and if you do you'll probably fail at keeping it off. So why bother trying? You can always just wear maternity clothing to cover up your flab.

(See how stupid that sounds?)

I am losing weight by the week, thank you very much. Just because my ticker hasn't been updated doesn't mean I'm not losing. weight. I've lost over 40lbs. and not according to what my ticker says. Therefore, you can't believe everything thing you read. So what I gave advice on a website full of people who's asking for advice. Just because no one wants to hear the truth, then that makes my advice bad. I'm just keeping it REAL!!!

No, your advice is bad, because it's...well...bad.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Therefore, you can't believe everything thing you read. So what I gave advice on a website full of people who's asking for advice. Just because no one wants to hear the truth, then that makes my advice bad. I'm just keeping it REAL!!!
    Actually you can if it comes from resources like Journals of Medicine, science, physiology, etc. I just echo what research actually shows and don't just rely on information that I might have heard. And you didn't speak "truth", you spoke from opinion based on subjection. Just keeping it real, just last month you had no idea what LBM was.......................till someone on here told you. How do you know they were telling you the truth? Or did you just believe it because it sounded good?

IDEA Fitness member
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I offered him advice, you just don't like my response. I wasn't responding to you I was responding to the OP. BTW, I don't have to put a picture up if I don't want to. It has nothing to do with my repsonse, anyway. Most people put up bogus photos anyway, i.e. yours, So when you post a question and ask for advice then you can have something to say about my advice. When you put your business out in the open, you may not like the response. If you can't take the truth, then don't open yourself up to it.

Ha ha!

So I found a bogus photo of some dude on holiday in Egypt to put on my profile? That seems a bit random...

I went last year for my Birthday, btw. It was hot. The nile was lovely. Things were old. Got a slight tan.

Jesus, you came into a thread where you have nothing to offer - because you know nothing about adding mass. Your only credential is that you've lost 40 lbs. Now that's a laudable achievement (if true, just judging you by your own standards after all), but what does it have to do with adding muscle? Have you been through a planned, sustained, mass building phase? If not, I'd probably back out of this thread gracefully (although, it seems a little late for the "gracefully" part now!)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

The real question is.....why have you been on here with different accounts?

The real question is .... Why do you think you are an expert if you were just in September asking what LBM is?

Although you might be an expert on Zumba.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Wow, this conversation has digressed although not that it was great in the first place with people recommending hiking and cycling for hypertrophy. LOL!

@ Anybody who's giving NinerBuff crap... He's been here a long time and chatted with him quite a bit on MFP, he knows his ****. I could care less what certification(s) he has, his 30 years of experience is enough in itself. Get a clue people.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    i'm a biker and a rkunner, my legs have grown... i run on vibrams... my calves are the bomb because of them. maybe you should try something different. good luck
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    i'm a biker and a rkunner, my legs have grown... i run on vibrams... my calves are the bomb because of them. maybe you should try something different. good luck

The OP isn't looking for calf growth... Calves are like triceps and biceps, work the main compound lifts and they will grow too. What did you do prior to biking and running?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

This is some of the most horrible advice I've ever seen. Why are you even here? From your ticker, you're trying to lose weight. Why aren't you just happy with being fat? You'll probably never lose the weight, and if you do you'll probably fail at keeping it off. So why bother trying? You can always just wear maternity clothing to cover up your flab.

(See how stupid that sounds?)

I am losing weight by the week, thank you very much. Just because my ticker hasn't been updated doesn't mean I'm not losing. weight. I've lost over 40lbs. and not according to what my ticker says. Therefore, you can't believe everything thing you read. So what I gave advice on a website full of people who's asking for advice. Just because no one wants to hear the truth, then that makes my advice bad. I'm just keeping it REAL!!!

Point_missed.gif