WHY WORK OUT ON A SATURDAY?

Options
123457»

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Saturday is the one day a week when I don't have uni classes, placement or work so I like to put it to good use with a good workout :smile:
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I do lots of things on Saturdays.

Eg, swimming, surfing, body surfing, beach run, walking, chase kids, multiple sets of 12 ounce curls, etc.

Saturday is my day to do whatever I want. If it burns calories, then cool. If it doesn't, I don't care. It's not like I don't get in enough exercise during the week, and I don't have to answer to anyone but myself. My butt isn't going to magically get bigger if I don't workout on Saturday, even if I eat 5000 calories. It all balances out.

Kind of this for me too. Tues-Fri I cram 30-40min gym sessions in (1 weights the rest cardio) before work. Weekends it'll depend on what I've got on. Sometimes I'll go find a big hill and walkup it, occasionally I'll go SUP boarding or kayaking, may be a bike ride or some heavy gardening. Rarely I'll do very little but if its a Saturday like that once in a whil isn't going to kill me, infact it heps me stay on track the rest of the time. Plus Sunday's I always do either a 2km swim or a long (for me!) run of 5-10km. I love the freedom to do what I want and take my time :)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Because I have all the time in the world to spend at the gym on that day. Four of my six workout days are cramped for time, so I have to really focus on getting my workout done during the time I've laid out for it. On Saturdays I have enough time to do some technique, but my workout is also typically longer or more strenuous. On Sundays I spend even more time on technique, but my workout is scaled back to the point that it's probably the easiest workout of the week. I enjoy the time I spend at the gym, but if working out on Saturday is too much for you, just plan one of your rest days for Saturday every week. Problem solved. :)
  • xgirl451
    xgirl451 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love my weekend workout days. Saturdays, I usually have a long run 10+ miles and ride my bike. Sundays, 2 hours of spin, weights and 1+ hours of swimming. Both days, I get to relax and nap the afternoon away.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I workout on saturday so i can take sunday off. 6 days/week for me
  • Jenifer_Duron
    Options
    Because I take all three meals on Saturday too so why shouldn't I workout?