Who is starting fresh Monday?

Options
123457»

Replies

• kaiteyxox
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as everyone... I managed to pack on 12 lbs in the last month or so and pretty much stopped exercising all together. My bf however just ran his first half marathon yesterday - while I stayed home and stuffed my face while watching TV. Something's gotta change! I got 32 lbs and what better time to start than right now. :)
  • sis_ward
    sis_ward Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ME!!! i have lost 47 lbs, but been stuck here for what feels like forever. i have 100 + pounds to go. Determine to get FOCUSED today!!! I have come to far to turn back now. We can do this, and we are worth it. :smile:
  • davemahon927
    davemahon927 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Initially i want to lose another 18 lbs.

Good luck to all and remember how good you will look when you start eating into your personal targets.

Feel free to add if you wish.
  • dogpeeps
    dogpeeps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Although I feel like I'm always starting over, you can count I'm too!
  • wayward_monk
    Options
    I started yesterday as I've been feeling quite poorly lately and am concerned for my health. I have about 130 lbs to lose. So far so good. I'm trying lacto-vegetarian for now. Good luck to everyone.
  • ShrinkingGinger
    ShrinkingGinger Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There is strength in numbers!

To those chiming in about not "starting over", I understand that healthy living in a lifelong journey, however sometimes declaring a fresh start can be helpful, particularly to those who feel as if they have fallen off the wagon. I won't speak for anyone else, but for me, I took a long hiatus from caring about what I put in my mouth, and it was time for me to get off the pity train and start making some changes for myself. I posted this on a Saturday night, and Sunday is "cheat meal day" in my house - that will not change, regardless of my weight loss goals. I also have a very A-type personality, so the newness of Monday was an excellent fit. The decision had me feeling refreshed and ready to tackle whatever challenges crossed my path.

Not saying it's right for everyone, but it's right for me!

Wishing everyone a great first day! :)
  • Delad009
    Options
    I started today and I have 50 pounds to get rid of.
    I am in!
  • karrenclyde
    karrenclyde Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting again today. I have 50 lbs to lose. I have been battling this for years. Let's do this guys!
  • dorisneedles
    Options
    Me. I'm starting today. My goal is 30lbs. I need some accountability and support.
  • Ken_Roper
    Ken_Roper Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is great advice! Thank you for the post and encouragement to "keep on keepin' on!" I have days that I do great and then days that I really blow out of the water...then the guilt, then the cycle tends to repeat. I need to work on being consistently "good" and focus on the positives that come from that.
This discussion has been closed.