Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• Tattooedmom44
    Tattooedmom44 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No picture today. But yippeeee!!! I just deadlifted 55kgs!!! My personal best

That's awesome!!! Hard work definitely pays off.
  • SagarikaBedi
    SagarikaBedi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ladies,
    Can some of you please post your weight lifting schedule.
    Is it possible to develop muscles and abs with lifting 20-30 pounds of weight.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

It depends on the muscles. 20-30lbs dumbbells can be quite heavy for the deltoids, biceps and triceps. For your larger muscles, lats, pecs, quads, hamstrings, etc. you are going to want to progressively go heavier. Depending on your goal however, you can look quite defined by just watching your diet and doing body weight exercises. Just look at gymnasts.

I agree. Abs come from losing the fat that is covering them. I use 10-20 lb Dbs for FB chest press & alternet curls, triceps. I curl about 32 lbs with barbell. I lift much heavier for squat/chest press & deadlift.
  • Tattooedmom44
    Options
    Ladies,

It depends on how muscular you want to get. I started with a goal of toning and gaining some muscle mass. I used dumbellls at home and found tons of routines on YouTube. Then I became addicted to lifting. Now I'm following a four day regime at the gym which incorporates a variety of free weights and machines.
    As you get stronger, you'll want to slowly increase the amount of weight you're using ( again depending on your goals ).
    Following a healthy eating plan is so important. It will help you with maximizing muscle definition.
    I hope I'm making sense.
  • SagarikaBedi
    SagarikaBedi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you Guys
  • rokos2
    rokos2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    rokos2 wrote: »
    3b263kqh2kga.png
    x08dhyddzj3h.jpg
    da0s3ttfiryp.png
    starting weight is the pic with hubby at 217 lbs at 5 foot 6.5 inches. i am at 167 lbs now and have been for about 2-3 months. struggling to lose any more. i will be honest and say that i probably have not been tracking as closely as i need to but for the days when i assume i go over i make up for it the next day, exercise 6 days a week. what else can i change? i run 5-6 k in 30-40 minutes then do quick weights for another 30-40 minutes. i need a program or a trainer because its getting hard to stay motivated.

OMG. You are gorgeous!!!! <3 Seriously!!
    Aww thank you :)
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    November 30......December 10......December 30. Making some progress. iyv3mevb8ubg.jpg
    OMG!! Those pics literally made my jaw drop! I think I just found my 2017 goal! Please tell me how you did it!!!
  • Tattooedmom44
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    November 30......December 10......December 30. Making some progress. iyv3mevb8ubg.jpg
    OMG!! Those pics literally made my jaw drop! I think I just found my 2017 goal! Please tell me how you did it!!!

Thank you for your kind words. I messaged you to answer your question. It's easier.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    That back @Tattooedmom44!!!
  • Tattooedmom44
    Options
    That back @Tattooedmom44!!!
    Thank you.
  • Tattooedmom44
    Options