Really large arms before and afters??? Please post pics.

Options
I am terrified that I will never lose mine, or that when I do they will look worse than they do now because of all the excess skin. I would really appreciate some pictures to keep me hopeful. Thanks guys, and sorry to seemingly copy so many pre-existing posts. I just couldn't find one that was focused on the arms. :)

Replies

• broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • movelikeatiger
    Options
    I have same problem as yours :( I'm 40lbs overweight.
  • MissCreepyLovestruck
    Options
    I love your profile pic :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    First photo was 250 lbs on the top left, top right about 220, bottom is most recent.

2u7qayt.jpg
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    First photo was 250 lbs on the top left, top right about 220, bottom is most recent.

2u7qayt.jpg

omg... I ENVY you. This is so motivating. Did you lift weights?
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as "really large" arms, but mine were fairly large when I was at my heaviest last year, 260. The second picture was me at 200, about 9 months later. I am now 183. I've lost 4 inches in each arm, weight lifting has kept my skin tight and prevented sagging. (:

1b2e15a5-a37c-4c04-b47d-051213ad6bbf_zps3efe5f52.jpg
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    or that when I do they will look worse than they do now because of all the excess skin.

If you lift weights you won't have that problem! :) That's what I'm doing! Btw your profile picture is gorgeous :)
  • JenzL13
    JenzL13 Posts: 27
    Options
    sierra_12 & sierra christ you guys are so inspiring!

Question sierra_12 - did you alter that dress or buy again? :laugh: It makes for a fantastic before and after shot.
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Question sierra_12 - did you alter that dress or buy again? :laugh: It makes for a fantastic before and after shot.

Same dress! It has a tie back so I just tied it tighter and tightened the shoulder straps (: too large now that I'm 183, but it still fit okay at 200 when the picture was taken (:
    And thank you for your kind words! (: (:
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

2u7qayt.jpg

omg... I ENVY you. This is so motivating. Did you lift weights?

I do some strength training but I do not have a weight bench or a gym membership, I do workout dvd's like Focus T25, 30 day shred, insanity, power 90 and slim in 6. Currently doing my 2nd round of Focus T25. :) Thank you.
  • watercolorarteest
    watercolorarteest Posts: 68 Member
    Options

2u7qayt.jpg

Wow! I have hope now! I have wondered the same thing as OP because I, too, have large arms. I know I've lost inches but the progress has been slow. I think part of it may be genetics? I don't know. I'm bootcamping it and I'm also intending to weight lift as well. I am not scared of weight lifting at all.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

2u7qayt.jpg

Wow! I have hope now! I have wondered the same thing as OP because I, too, have large arms. I know I've lost inches but the progress has been slow. I think part of it may be genetics? I don't know. I'm bootcamping it and I'm also intending to weight lift as well. I am not scared of weight lifting at all.

It's taken me 2 year's to get here. Now it doesn't feel that long but it did in the moment. I still have a lot to do but closer and closer every day :). I use 5 lb dumbbells, that's the heaviest I own, I am wanting to get a dumbbell set that goes up to at least 20 lbs. I'm not scared of lifting either, in fact I wish I had room for a weight bench or I could join crossfit. I can't wait to have a deep cut look on my arms.
  • MissCreepyLovestruck
    Options
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as "really large" arms, but mine were fairly large when I was at my heaviest last year, 260. The second picture was me at 200, about 9 months later. I am now 183. I've lost 4 inches in each arm, weight lifting has kept my skin tight and prevented sagging. (:

1b2e15a5-a37c-4c04-b47d-051213ad6bbf_zps3efe5f52.jpg

WOW!!!! You look like a whole new person!!!! Congrats to you!!! You look fantastic!!!! :happy:
  • MissCreepyLovestruck
    Options

2u7qayt.jpg

This is more inspirational than you know! You look AMAZING!!! Your arms are so toned and fit!!!
  • MissCreepyLovestruck
    Options
    or that when I do they will look worse than they do now because of all the excess skin.

If you lift weights you won't have that problem! :) That's what I'm doing! Btw your profile picture is gorgeous :)

Why thank you :). I wish like heck I had your hair lol
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    10808b6f-ca57-4cf3-98e3-9157fe1bfd4b.jpg
    My arms were VERY big even compared to the rest of me

arms.jpg

Now
    1395936_10202492981227823_1891058660_n.jpg

I never thought my arms would get slimmer but they did. They still have a lot of fat on them but compared to before...
  • MissCreepyLovestruck
    Options

arms.jpg

Now

I never thought my arms would get slimmer but they did. They still have a lot of fat on them but compared to before...

Oh WOW!!!!! I am amazed!!!! Did you lift weights? Whatever you are doing it has obviously worked!!!
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options

arms.jpg

Now

Oh WOW!!!!! I am amazed!!!! Did you lift weights? Whatever you are doing it has obviously worked!!!

Nope. I recently started lifting (sort of) but only for a month or so. The rest is slow healthy weight loss. The weight will come off from everywhere if you keep losing, you just have to be patient. I'm only including weights now I'm getting close to my goal. For me, my focus to begin with was losing the fat. I took up running and I honestly think nothing sheds fat quite like it, but thats just what worked for me :)
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've always had larger arms (before it was muscle though). now they are just big and I really hope they shrink. bumping to check back with this post!
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    So I totally stink at posting pics on here but if you go to my profile you will see my pics, my arm were HUGE, and I truely mean HUGE, they are so much smaller now. I now have "Bat Wings" as people call them, but at least I know it is skin and not fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!