Really large arms before and afters??? Please post pics.

Options

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I actually had huge arms, but I definitely felt like I did! I was probably more self conscious about my arms than I was my tummy, and If I didn't fit a top or jacket, it was generally because of my arms.

Here's a before/after that shows that difference well:

109acf99-c67c-4b17-8ee1-1bebc087afb7_zpsc6114727.jpg

My arms aren't tiny or anything now, but they are proportional, and I'm starting to have some deltoid/bicep/tricep definition (yay!!!). That said, I do still have some loose skin, so if I wave vigorously my arms are still waving a minute or two later. . . . but I'll take it over my previously large arms any day!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    First photo was 250 lbs on the top left, top right about 220, bottom is most recent.

2u7qayt.jpg

This is more inspirational than you know! You look AMAZING!!! Your arms are so toned and fit!!!

Thank you, I do still have a little loose skin under my arms but I think only I see it lol, but I can point out every flaw on me as many of us could do to ourselves. I am proud of how far they've come.
  • K81988
    K81988 Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow amazing thefithooker! You look fantastic :-)

My arms arnt really big but they do make me self conscious! HATE wearing short sleeves/nothing covering them! x
  • Italian_mom
    Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm awful and posting picks in the forum, but you can check out my profile pic :)
  • Sildwan
    Sildwan Posts: 17
    Options
    I have always been self conscious about my big arms too! My display pic shows kind of shows them then and now (I definitely don't have pictures of 'then' that are not covered by my shirt out of shame unfortunately). Good luck!
  • miller930
    miller930 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump for more pics, this is a major trouble zone for me too.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yeah me too!
  • FrankieBenjamin
    FrankieBenjamin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have the same concerns and posted this a few days ago - got some great advice from MFP out there about driving water, using oli / moisturising and strength training - take a look....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1120767-advice-saggy-boobs-and-bingo-wings-post-weightloss

....and please keep commenting anyone who has additional advice.

Some great inspiration on this thread too. OP or people with similar arm goals or knowledge feel free to add me to inspire one another!
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    First photo was 250 lbs on the top left, top right about 220, bottom is most recent.

2u7qayt.jpg

OMG...I LOVE YOUR SHOES!! :smile: Awesome job, you look great!!

Sorry I don't have any before pictures that focus on my arms. I would really have to look seeing as I didn't let people take pictures of me when I was fat. My arms have got alot smaller since losing weight. Lifting weights will help alot to build muscle & tone your arms.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    So glad there is hope! I hate my fat arms. I want them to shrink like NOW. If only it were that easy, lol.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    These before and after photos are incredible. Well done, all of you!! My arms are the one part of my body I struggle with in regards to having self confidence. The rest of my body being the size it is can be frustrating, but I never feel self-conscious over it to the same extent. My arms have always been a bit on the bigger side, even when I was healthy, but as I've gained weight they only became worse. I know over time they will shrink back (along with the rest of me), but I worry that I will have saggy arms when I reach my goal weight. I'll definitely add more weights to my routine seeing how it's helped others so much!

For you MFPers who have lost inches in your arms, do any of you have stretch marks? Specifically on your inner arms? From basically my armpit to about 4-5" From elbow I have them. Most are faded now, but I am concerned about the skin becoming wrinkly. I have some major stretch marks on my belly from pregnancy and when I'm thinner I have loose wrinkly skin there. However, less people are going to see my belly than my arms!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    or that when I do they will look worse than they do now because of all the excess skin.

If you lift weights you won't have that problem! :) That's what I'm doing! Btw your profile picture is gorgeous :)

Unless you are middle aged or older, the above statement takes care of what you need to do. Use weights and moisturize. At your age, your skin is supple enough to shape back up over time.!
  • natalieshae
    natalieshae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any good photos to show the difference and I didn't start off with taking measurements- I had lost about 30lbs before I started but at that time I was at 17" and now I'm at 15". I estimate I've lost between 3 - 4" off of my arms so far without lifting. I hope to be able to afford a 3 month gym membership at some point near the end of my weight loss so I can start toning.

Edited to add: I did have stretch marks, especially along my arm pits but they have faded away to tiny white lines. They are still there but practically invisible, and no wrinkles!
  • pghsteelerfan
    pghsteelerfan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring these pics are...gonna bump to keep this post!!:wink:
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring pictures - great job!!!
  • Jessicalg1981
    Jessicalg1981 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok, hopefully I upload the photos right, I can never seem to remember how to do this lol.

7f0874a1-4e76-417c-b34c-984390c8e58b_zpsbb4d1d68.jpg

2ee521d6-07f9-42f4-90f5-bd8d4289feb5_zps7cf83438.jpg
  • Jessicalg1981
    Jessicalg1981 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    yay me! lol, I did it right :D
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options

2u7qayt.jpg

omfg, omfg, omfg I can't stop thinking omfg.... YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!! This is sooooooooooo inspiring!!! After having my son I got up to 200 pounds and now I am at 170 and sometimes I worry that it's not possible for parts of my body to look like they once did... i.e. my neck, arms, etc. But after seeing this I totally have hope that they will! Thank you so much for posting :)
  • reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was hope! :happy:

Everyone has had such great result. Thank you for the inspiration. Keep posting!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!