Rude and Unsupportive Posts.

Options
i have taken the time (as have many others) to explain why juice cleanses, cleanses, and detoxes are complete nonsense.

they are not grounded in science. they are not accepted by any legitimate medical organization as an acceptable strategy for weight loss. they don't work. in fact, some can be downright dangerous.

instead of being thanked for our efforts, we are often met with scorn and ridicule by the legions of fans of cleanses and detoxes. these people place their "feelings" and "beliefs" and 3rd-hand anecdotes above actual, real science. moreover, they often attribute magical medical properties to these cleanses and detoxes, to the point that i fear that some naive MFP member with a real and serious medical problem may consider foregoing real medical treatments in favor of trying a fraudulent cleanse of detox. for example, some MFP members who support cleanses and detoxes insist that these non-scientific methods can cure cancer (among other things).

i thought this site was supposed to be supportive. :frown:

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    if you find my shoes in pandora's box there lemme know. **** just went I Robot...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I am giddy with excitement.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToEt9QOWiaNxVP1m7kYVjMvMpm6qIC-G0VoOFEa_fx-uIqW_gU
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Troll post.

it most certainly is not and your response is both inappropriate and inaccurate.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    The-Truth-Is-The-Truth.png
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you would belittle something that has been handed down from generation to generation in my family!!! My great grandfather was an American Indian and he loves JUICE! (actual real life argument when I said juicing wasn't a good idea)
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Generally "troll posts" come from someone with 1 post.....not 3000.......just an observation! Now get back to your cabbage juice and peeled lemon.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    769.gif

Just kidding. Reported for being unsupportive. We're all here for the same reason, man.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    goodthingaboutscience.jpg
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    769.gif

Just kidding. Reported for being unsupportive. We're all here for the same reason, man.

Everyone else is here for the gifs too?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    this is a serious thread BTW.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    If you mean it and you're not being sarcastic, I'll support you.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    mom-orange-juice.gif
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    We're all here for the same reason.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Troll post.

it most certainly is not and your response is both inappropriate and inaccurate.

More trolling.

^^ just learned the word "trolling" and isn't sure how to properly use it yet
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    If you mean it and you're not being sarcastic, I'll support you.

agree. :)

I have friends in real life that chose the juicing route and I just ignore it when they bring it up.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    goodthingaboutscience.jpg

Best quote ever! I think I have actually burned a good amount of calories from the frustration that comes with trying to beat this into certain people's heads that I know.
  • JenniNBond
    JenniNBond Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would think that was actually healthy.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    rude and unsupportiv e posts
    because people dont a gree with you and they gotta argue
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Troll post.
    Nope. You're way off the mark there.

Anyway, OP, you're being unsupportive of the unsupportive people. Maybe you should do a green raspberry ketone soup cleanse and learn to live on sunshine alone.
This discussion has been closed.