women 5'5 goal weight?

Options

Replies

• sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i am 5'5" , i started at 187 lbs . i am now at 116 something. looking to go down to 112 but it might be unrealistic. at this point really its about body composition so if i need to get up to 120 but have a low body fat and kickass shape ill be happy
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal is 150
  • gojodster
    gojodster Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 216 and want to get down to 150 with muscle and then maybe lower but I just want to get to a normal range for now :) single digit clothes would be AWSOME!
  • BonnieDick1
    Options
    Well, I actually jsut signed up here today and am 5'5 as well. My current weight is 162 which is down from 175 this time last year. I've only really started trying to lose weight the last 4 or 5 months and have jsut stepped it up. My goal weight is 130 and who knows whether I'll decide to go any further than that. I did drop 4 inches off my waste with just a 13 lb. loss. I'm excited to see how I'll do by stepping up my routinew. Good luck to you! :-)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options

I hear ya girl. Started at 277. Anything in the 1's was good enough to make me happy. I'm now 150 and am anxious to get to goal at about 140 but i'm just happy as can be where i'm at so if it takes another year thats fine by me!

You rock!!

Thank you ma'am :)
  • AlyssasDiet
    Options
    I'm 5'5" almost 5'6" and 211 right now and my goal is 160. I might go down to 150 once I reach 160 but I don't think I'll go below that. I started at 235 so I don't care so much about being skinny and fit, just normal and healthy. =)
  • bubbylubby
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I have re-started on MFP today! My start weight is 195 and my goal weight is 115. I originally started a couple year ago at 160lbs. Wanting to lose 45 lbs and I completely gave up at 20 lbs...my only explanation was that I stopped caring. And now I just had enough of my careless attitude. I plan on following my MFP caloric guidelines, doing Zumba at least 5-6 days a week and strength for 3 days.
  • ELIZZY20
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and aiming for 130. I was a pretty thin, athletic highschooler at 125-128, but then packed on the freshman twenty. At my heaviest two years ago, I was 153. I've fluctuated between 140-150 since then, and I have no idea where I am now ... too scared to weigh myself! But my goal is to get back down to 130 and STAY THERE! I've only just jumped back on the diet bandwagon, so we'll see how things go!
  • kharral86
    Options
    I just started my weightloss journey a little over a week ago. I started at 185 I'm now 176. My goal is 130. I'm a mom of 5 kids. I just want to be healthy and active!
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
  • kjmenser
    Options
    I was at 168, 5 months later I was at 135. I am happy with my weight, not I just need to tone everything up.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    148lbs now, would like to be around 140lbs
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    im 120 now. id like to tone up and get more lean but im not fussed about losing any more, maybe 115 would be perfect tho as ive been there and it doesnt seem too bad
  • redsnapper8
    redsnapper8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Currently at 150. I am aiming for 140 which seems to be in the middle of BMI suggestion. I am not a naturally thin person, and enjoy have feminine curves, so I think if I went any lower I would look gaunt and not feel very sexy. The trouble with 5'5' is BMI range is pretty wide. Height to Waist ratio seems a better guide (in inches waist should ideally be half your height) I am now just below this ratio so if I were to go down to say 130, I think I would likely be too thin and not have the necessary muscle mass I need to live a fit and active lifestyle.
  • indybost
    Options
    Im 5'5 I am at212 right. Now my short gole. Is 170my big gold is 165,the smallest. Iv been is 145 and I looked sick :( so im happy. At 165
  • tehjarz
    Options
    You should note something lebaker310's comment alludes to--your weight is a really incomplete measure of fitness. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat, so your weight may not be telling you what your healthy weight is. Depending on what your frame shape/size and fitness routine, 130 could be kinda doughy or sculpted. You should really only use your weight as a rough ballpark of fitness.
    I'm a little over 5'5" and I'm at 135 right now. My goal weight was 120 but that changed after I started lifting weights. Now I don't really pay attention to the number.
  • runbmc21
    Options
    I'm currently at 135, with a short term goal of 128 and a lofty long term goal of 116. I'll reevaluate once I get into the 120's.
  • lozeliz
    lozeliz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MorganBody
    Options
    Gw-120(easy to maintain)
    Ugw-113 but we'll see...I was shorter at that weight.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I started at 220 and my original goal was just to be under 150. Now that I'm basically there, my new goal is somewhere in the 135 area. Even when I was in high school and was quite thin (prom dress was a size 4), I always had a curvy figure. Wide-ish hips and larger chest. So going much below that would leave me looking sickly, I think.