SWaT Team Challenge-Month 3

Options

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    well did the SIS again tonight and walked Plummy for a mile- just too pooped out to do more tonight :ohwell:

Mimi, these walks get addictive- I actually find myself craving them!

Sandy, sorry your not you're not up to par, but glad you caught the iron problem early - do you perk up right after the infusion or does it take another day? I just started taking my vits again- I alternate between w/wo iron and I notice the difference within a few days.

Patt, do you realize you're almost half way to your goal? (wheeee):happy:

Kathy, yes pray tell, what kind of jewelry?:wink:

"see" ya tomorow!
    Eagle (and Plummy)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I mostly make wire or chain maille jewelry, though I do some beading as well. I just made my Mom a wire-wrapped rosary for her birthday last week. (She doesn't wear jewelry and has everything she needs. She is a devout Catholic and does like to pray, though.)

I recently made a pendant for a vendor I work with. It was a twisted wire heart with a 'rose' made our of 12 gauge sterling silver. I really wish I'd remembered to take pictures! I will do that from now on. I have a few not-very-good pictures (just recently got a camera and am still learning) that I'll put on my profile so you can see some of what I've done.

I love making jewelry--I find it very relaxing. Chain maille is like working a puzzle and I get a real sense of satisfaction when I figure out a pattern! (Also, can't eat when my hands are busy with pliers!)

Right now, though, I am going to do a walking video or two.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I didn't get as long a walk in as I wanted but I did do the 3 mile Walk off 10 lbs workout. I'm gonna hafta kick it up a notch if I'm gonna make my goal.

Everyone is doing great! Keep it up!

Kathy, your jewelry is beautiful! I wish I had time to do creative stuff. And yard sales are a LOT of work! Maybe you can log it as exercise!

Eagle, I can't remember how long it took the last iron infusion I had to kick in. I think it was 2 or 3 days to a week? I really hope it makes a difference in my energy level. I need a boost lately for some reason. lol Your doing great on all the exercising. Did you try out the stretchy level yet? I haven't even looked at it. I can tell a difference in my push-up attempts and crunches though. I just wish she were a little more lively and yes it is slooow too! lol
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    OK, so it was a little late and I just did't feel like eating to much (trying to eat almost all my cals including exercise)
    so the only exercise I did was walk Plum twice for a half mile- so not counting that...I'm off for the next few days
    so I'll be doing alot more.

Hey Sandy! yeah, did the slim and limber- pretty basic stuff, about 12-14 min- I do some other stretches I learned from a sports chiropractor much more advanced for hitting my bad places (from car accidents). my push ups are getting a little better and I'm really liking the reverse crunches:noway: (yep) I'm gonna try the next level tomorrow - my squats and pilles are getting deeper (not so much with the lunges 'tho) and ramp it IS faster (but longer too) might need to break it in half if I can learn to get out of bed in the morning:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kathy- your jewelry is quite impressive! My sister, who lives in Alaska, also makes jewelry - I've always thought hand crafted items look and feel so much better than the generic stuff you find in all the stores. the rosary sounds beautiful! You're very talented:flowerforyou:

happy walking, see ya tommorow:yawn:

ps tomorrow is weigh in day for me!
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Ok I am going to join in today. My goal is 36 miles for the rest of the challenge. I hope I can do it!!
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    I just decided I am going to walk my way to Walt Disney World!! I will do 36 miles this month though!
  • sandara
    Options
    I just decided I am going to walk my way to Walt Disney World!! I will do 36 miles this month though!

Hi and welcome to the group! Where do you live that you have so far to walk to Disney World? :laugh:

I originally started tracking my miles on March 1st and I was going to walk across my state (Georgia 312 miles) I passed that in June and haven't figured out where I"m headed just yet but I've gone a total of 379 miles so far.:smile:
  • iluvwdw
    Options

Hi and welcome to the group! Where do you live that you have so far to walk to Disney World? :laugh:

I originally started tracking my miles on March 1st and I was going to walk across my state (Georgia 312 miles) I passed that in June and haven't figured out where I"m headed just yet but I've gone a total of 379 miles so far.:smile:

Wow that is great!!! I live in Ontario, Canada, so at 50 miles per month it would take me about two years to get there. Now I have been known to royally screw up my math but that's how I figure it.

I just might REALLY get there by that time!! :bigsmile:
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    Come to Disney with me. You might beat me there though. But you can save me a place!!! :laugh:
  • sandara
    Options
    Come to Disney with me. You might beat me there though. But you can save me a place!!! :laugh:

It's 498 miles for me so I've only got about 120 miles to go :happy:

But at the rate I'm going lately it might take me a couple of years to get there too :sad:
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I'll walk to Disney World, too! I have over 3,000 miles to go, though. You guys gonna wait for me?:wink:

I only got in my morning workout (2 miles)--BUT I finally received my new workout dvds. I'm going to do them tomorrow and see how they are.
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    OK, ya'll can walk- I'll "boost" and see ya at "it's a small world":laugh:

managed to take Plummy for 3 walks today- total was over 2 miles, but only claiming 2 (he must have hit every bush, shrub, and blade of grass along the way)

also did SIS limber and ramp it up - so happy cuz even 'tho it's longer, it's also much faster!

only been doing this program for a week, and started eating all my exercise cals- lost over 3#s:drinker:
    so very happy! so gonna finish this program (even if it is boring) but I'm on the look out for the next (and hopfully fun)
    workout. already looked at kettleball workouts and something called tabata training. but I've got 5 weeks to figure it out:tongue:
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    YAY We can all walk to Disney!! My favourite place on earth!!! I only walked one mile today, so we will have to see I plan on trying to do one mile a day.

What other videos of hers can I do that would not be high impact. I have fibro and my hips are very sore and my shoulders are in great pain since I've been excercising but I stopped excercsing this week and it hasn't gone away so I figure I might as well start up again.

I have the flat belly one and the four mile one I know I am not ready for that one yet. I am not sure which other ones I have ....

Any recommendations? Tell me what they are like.
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    I will definately wait at WDW ! If there's a place to wait that would be it! HA HA
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    1 mile walked this morning before work!!! Yay me, I think my new puppy gave me that motivation I needed to get up early and get in some exercise before I begin my day...I :heart: Yoshi
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    YAY We can all walk to Disney!! My favourite place on earth!!! I only walked one mile today, so we will have to see I plan on trying to do one mile a day.

What other videos of hers can I do that would not be high impact. I have fibro and my hips are very sore and my shoulders are in great pain since I've been excercising but I stopped excercsing this week and it hasn't gone away so I figure I might as well start up again.

I have the flat belly one and the four mile one I know I am not ready for that one yet. I am not sure which other ones I have ....

Any recommendations? Tell me what they are like.

Here's a list of videoe I have found online. These are all lower impact.

Leslie Sansone Videos Online

Here are some videos from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M9fV8QYoVc&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL&index=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68NaX-7v2DQ&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XWRZcvAZys&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

These 3 equal her 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds for Abs.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8b4P57jNsQ&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

These 2 are 1 mile each. You can create a playlist if you have an account and then you can play them all consecutively. (I have also recently discovered that I can put them on my RealPlayer (free download) and not download the commercials! This is a much smoother transition even than as a youtube playlist.)

This is a 15 minute 1 mile walk with the California raisin!:

http://www.calraisins.org/healthy-lifestyle/smart-steps-for-good-health/

Scroll down the page and click on the Web video link to the right of the picture.

And finally, here's a link to her 1, 2, and 3 mile Start Walking workouts:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/startwalking/default.aspx?=aha_link_startwalking_april09

All these links can be watched and done on line.

Hope this helps. Also you can view clips of her videos at collegevideo.com. (I wouldn't buy them there, though, because they cost less at other places.)

I need to get moving but I feel kind of stiff and sore this morning. Moving will help that, though, I just need to get started!
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    well I managed to eek out 3 miles today- rain and alot of lightning, and did the SIS Ramp it- my legs and butt really feel it!
    Had to figure out how to eat more cals today from all the exercise today, a glass of wine helped :wink:

1QueenB- your puppy looks so cute! how far we he go ? Plum quits after a mile, and if it's to hot -well forget it!

Kathy- glad you kept the list:wink: , I tried to find it in one of the old threads and couldn't find it :huh:

Hope everyone else is well see ya tomorrow!:yawn:
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    Kathy- just saw your ticker-:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: cute!
  • sandara
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Just thought I'd check in so you wouldn't think I'd quit. :smile: I had my iron infusion yesteryday and slept most of the day afterwards. I don't remember it doing me that way last time. I kind of feel like I have a hangover this morning, probably from sleeping so much. Hopefully I'll be walking by this afternoon, tomorrow at the latest. They told me it would take about 3 days for the iron to start kicking in. We'll see . . .

Everybody keep up the good work.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Kathy- glad you kept the list:wink: , I tried to find it in one of the old threads and couldn't find it :huh:

Hope everyone else is well see ya tomorrow!:yawn:

I put it into a Word document because so many people have asked for it. Makes it a lot easier to find!

I FINALLY got to do the Walk Strong again! (I had done it at the WalkClub website but their video player doesn't work very well and it wasn't streaming right. That's why I bought it.) I really like it. It sure feels like the weight intervals are working!

I'm going to try my new Richard Simmonds tomorrow. I have our garage sale today so I am sticking with a quick--and familiar--walking workout.
    Have a great day everyone!

Almost forgot--Queenie--your doggie is absolutely adorable!