SWaT Team Challenge-Month 3

Options

Replies

• iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I did the One Mile Walk with Leslie Sansone - I mile per day so far. I might have to do more if I can to get to my 36 mile goal by the deadine.
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    YAY We can all walk to Disney!! My favourite place on earth!!! I only walked one mile today, so we will have to see I plan on trying to do one mile a day.

What other videos of hers can I do that would not be high impact. I have fibro and my hips are very sore and my shoulders are in great pain since I've been excercising but I stopped excercsing this week and it hasn't gone away so I figure I might as well start up again.

I have the flat belly one and the four mile one I know I am not ready for that one yet. I am not sure which other ones I have ....

Any recommendations? Tell me what they are like.

Here's a list of videoe I have found online. These are all lower impact.

Leslie Sansone Videos Online

Here are some videos from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M9fV8QYoVc&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL&index=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68NaX-7v2DQ&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XWRZcvAZys&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

These 3 equal her 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds for Abs.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8b4P57jNsQ&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

These 2 are 1 mile each. You can create a playlist if you have an account and then you can play them all consecutively. (I have also recently discovered that I can put them on my RealPlayer (free download) and not download the commercials! This is a much smoother transition even than as a youtube playlist.)

This is a 15 minute 1 mile walk with the California raisin!:

http://www.calraisins.org/healthy-lifestyle/smart-steps-for-good-health/

Scroll down the page and click on the Web video link to the right of the picture.

And finally, here's a link to her 1, 2, and 3 mile Start Walking workouts:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/startwalking/default.aspx?=aha_link_startwalking_april09

All these links can be watched and done on line.

Hope this helps. Also you can view clips of her videos at collegevideo.com. (I wouldn't buy them there, though, because they cost less at other places.)

I need to get moving but I feel kind of stiff and sore this morning. Moving will help that, though, I just need to get started!

WOW...thanks that will def help :) BIG THANK YOU!!!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    YaY I did the 4 mile super challenge. Finally feeling normal again. Maybe I'll get in the SI6 this evening.

Happy Saturday everybody!
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Walked 3 miles this morning with my new pup!!!!
  • 1QueenB
    Options
    Walked 3 miles this morning with my new pup!!!!
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    Totally OT -

WOW! S many kitties and puppieson this thread!! Must be a sign. They are ALL adorable as I have a tuxedo cat named Sylvester!

I <3 Yoshi!! We just spent a week at the beach with my friend and they brought their dog, and he looked just like him.

Like I said, I have puppy envy. I have a cat and can't decide if I want a puppy or another kitty to keep sylvester company.
  • artamuso
    artamuso Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to show that I'm still around and walking, since my last post was 3 pages ago.

I've enjoyed the discussions above about walking to Disney. I hadn't thought about setting that type of goal. My son is living in Superior, Colorado. I think I'll set a goal of walking the 1845 miles from my home in Vermont out there for a virtual visit.

Art
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    Just checking in to show that I'm still around and walking, since my last post was 3 pages ago.

I've enjoyed the discussions above about walking to Disney. I hadn't thought about setting that type of goal. My son is living in Superior, Colorado. I think I'll set a goal of walking the 1845 miles from my home in Vermont out there for a virtual visit.

Art

Awesome idea! I figure by the time I walk to Disney I will be fit enough to actually be able to walk around there again and then I can really go!! That is my reward. I might get there faster than walking but we will see. It's my motivation anyways. :bigsmile:
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    I just did two more miles for a total of 4. I thought I was going to die on the 2 mile walk today but I did it. Let's see if I can do it again tomorrow. :happy:
  • sandara
    Options
    I'm really liking the long-term walking goals everyone is coming up with. It will be a great incentive to keep this challenge going. :)

I may have to walk on to the Florida keys and then back to Disney World to meet you guys since I'm so much closer. I've always wanted to go there.

I did manage to squeeze in the Slim in 6 start it up again tonight. I think I'm going to stay on the Start it up one more week since I'm not doing it every day.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    HI everyone!

well did 3 more miles today, and the SI6 ramp it up and slim and limber- the only problem with that is having to eat so much!
    Tomorrow is a work day (OT) unless I get called off, so if I work, I'll just walk. if I get called off, I'll do the SI6 and walk...

My sister lives in Alaska- maybe I should do a virtual walk up to there (via the AlCan highway-lol). If I start now it will be the end of next summer by the time I get there!!! Anyone want to join me?:laugh:
  • 1QueenB
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great walking weekend!!!! I did 1 mile this morning and for me that's great, because Sunday is my normal day off!!!! I may even do another this evening after dinner. :happy:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Going to try my new RIchard Simmons dvd soon soon won't do any 'formal' walking until later or tomorrow.

Our garage sale is over and I guess we did okay. Made a little over 100 dollars. There were a lot of people but not a lot of buying as 2 other communities decided to have their sales the same day! Oh well--our main goal was to get rid of all our extra stuff and we did do that--just at much lower prices than we thought!

We did, however, get a new kitty. Our next-door neighbor works with an animal rescue group and they had a couple of cats and a display at her sale. We absolutely fell in love with Sammy--now Shadie--and have her 'on trial' for a few days. She is still very skittish and as soon as she lets me I'll get a picture.
    She's beautiful--a very dark, rich brown--almost, but not quite, black. She's also very playful and obviously wants to cuddle but isn't quite sure about us yet.
    Poor thing has been through a lot. She's not quite a year old and was pregnant when found, lost the kittens and developed a serious infection, had to have surgery and just finished her meds a couple of days ago. (She wasn't even litterbox trained.)

Well, time to get back on track with eating right and exercising.
  • sandara
    Options
    Thats a long walk to Alaska from Georgia Eagle! lol

Congrats on your new kitty pmjsmom! Yes, we need pictures when you can! She sounds beautiful.

Queen, looks like you and your new walking partner are getting along fine!

I did the WATP 4 mile punch up your walk. I need to do the SI6 again tonight but I don't think its happening as it's so late and I still have lots to do.
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    Hey y'all:flowerforyou:

well , had to go in to work today, so no SIS, and I've been kinda tired all day with achy hips, so only did one mile with Plum.:ohwell:

Queen- I showed Plummy Yoshi's picture, and he seems kinda interested (he's always out to meet new 4 legged friends)!!:wink:

Kathy- can't wait to see Shadie, she sounds beautiful! Also let us know you do with Richard!:happy:

Sandy- yeah, it's a looooong walk (also a long plane ride), but something to do...oh, by the way, I think you'll like the SIS ramp it up section alot better- much faster, but the leg work is killing me (total 46 min with the cool down, but she's still boaring:grumble: ).

More happy walking tomorrow!!!:bigsmile:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'll get a picture soon.

Richard's dvd was fun and I am starting to feel it--and I didn't even use the heavier weights like was I supposed to!

The abs section was especially fun because it turns out that Shadie really has a 'thing' for hair. As soon as I was lying on the floor she was right there at my head rubbing all over my hair! She made me laugh. She was also very gentle--no biting or clawing. She is a sweetie and we love her already.
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    Almost forgot I did a mile today. Was going to rest a day but decided not too!!
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Did Leslie's 4 mile challenge walk today. I needed it after a weekend away. Back to being good! Have a good week everyone!
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    I was off to a slow start this am. Waited 2 1/2 hours after walking Plum 1 mile, before I realized I STILL had to do SIS (4 more weeks-yuck:grumble: ) My reward for doing it was 3 miles with Leslie:noway: how weird!

I'm picking up another OT shift tomorrow- so I'll see how much I'll be able to do...

Kathy- Your new baby sounds like she's fitting in and helping you get in shape! Good Kitty:tongue:

Patti- you're doing so great, I think you might have to adjust your goal UP!!!!:happy:

GO FEET!!!
  • 1QueenB
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well!!! I forgot to post yesterday that I walked 3 miles, so I am including it in today's mileage for a total of 7miles done! I am really going to try and make my goal!