Whats your realistic christmas goal?

Options
For me personally I would like to lose another 20lbs by Christmas but realistically I think 10-15lbs is a more reasonable figure to aim for and anything above that is a bonus ...What's your Christmas goal?

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    17-20 pounds
  • Dublinmum
    Dublinmum Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If I keep going at the current rate it will be about 5kg//11lb. But I'm trying really hard not to set myself deadlines for two reasons.
    1. The loss doesn't track to expectations and I loose motivation
    2. I hit the Christmas goal, feel very pleased with myself and allow myself to slip as a reward

Christmas is a food fest. I don't want to give myself any excuses for losing focus. Instead I will concentrate on hitting a certain milestone range by March/April so I can spend money on a new summer wardrobe when it hits the shops.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    If I was down another 6-8 pounds by then, I'd be thrilled!!

I'm within ~10lbs of my goal, so it's been much harder to lose.

Good luck with your goals!
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan , Christmas I think is everyone's down fall there is food everywhere and it's not neccessarily the big meals that get me it's all the Munchies people have on the tables from sweets to nuts, good luck with your goals,
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1 stone. Thats all I want to lose by Christmas and I will be a very happy Christmas Elf!
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I would be so happy to lose between 5 and 10 pounds. Losing the first few is always the hardest for me so I need to really kick it into gear with a small goal! :smile:
  • charliex2202
    Options
    You can do it, I have set myself small goals to aim for rather then one big one because then it doesn't look like such an impossible task ahead of me, Step by step Day by day, focus on that and you can acheive anything :smile: good luck!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    5kg / 11lb to GW. I want it by Xmas. Realistic? I think so.
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Want to be wellinto onederland ( 2lbs to go) & get into comfortably into a pair of size 14( uk) skinny jeans !
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    5kg / 11lb to GW. I want it by Xmas. Realistic? I think so.

Same here id like to lose 5kgs by xmas also which would then make it 7kgs from my GW.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I have 8ish lbs until it hit 100lbs lost (according to my ticker I'm only 90lbs down, but I record every day and it's fluctuating a lot this week). Anyway I'd love to lose that by Christmas/year end.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My goal has always been to reach 12stone by christmas and that is another 6lbs to go. Anything more than that is a bonus
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    10 pounds from my Monday weight of 171. (160 by New Years). I was losing at a much faster rate than that for the first 20 pounds, but there are two spots on the scale my body is comfortable. 170-175 and 150-155. I have plateaued since hitting 175 and the pounds are crawling off instead of falling off. Still at .5 pound/week, I should make 161 by Christmas and not have to deprive myself of too much that I enjoy.

My unrealistic Christmas goal is not to get in any fights with MIL before the end of the year. Wish me luck on that one.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If I keep going at the current rate it will be about 5kg//11lb. But I'm trying really hard not to set myself deadlines for two reasons.
    1. The loss doesn't track to expectations and I loose motivation
    2. I hit the Christmas goal, feel very pleased with myself and allow myself to slip as a reward

Christmas is a food fest. I don't want to give myself any excuses for losing focus. Instead I will concentrate on hitting a certain milestone range by March/April so I can spend money on a new summer wardrobe when it hits the shops.

This ^^^
    ... although I expect to lose more like 3 kg because I'll be going on holiday in November and although I will try to eat sensibly I won't be in a place I can track my calories.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    5.3 kgs in 9 weeks :).

That's 11.5 lbs in 9 weeks, or 1.3 lbs a week.

This gets me to my first mini goal on Christmas Day :)
  • Pidgeywendy
    Pidgeywendy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be a comfortable UK size 16...not squeezed in, but wearing easily!

I'm wearing a size 18 jeans now, and they're starting to feel a little bit looser.
  • charliex2202
    Options
    One step at a time one day at a time and we will all hit our goals, :smile:
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    20 pound loss by Christmas would be a terrific gift to myself, but I also would be happy if I continued losing the inches and getting toned as I have now.
  • karthik1129
    Options
    15 is my wish
    10 is my goal
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My Christmas goal would be about 7 pounds. That would be lovely.

On a side note another goal is to not eat an entire cake....but that's just me.