Replies

• mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I just want to hit onderland! it's 7.3lbs away!! :drinker:
  • lharvey2797
    lharvey2797 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wanna be at goal weight by Christmas..... that's 140..... I have been staying at between 150 and 152 for a couple of months now.

It's the last 10-12 lbs that I have kind of quit being diligent to loose. I have more been in a "don't gain" mode.

If I can stay motivated through the holidays to loose and not just maintain and definitely not GAIN I will be happy! :-)
  • rileyhunter169
    Options
    I'd like to see at least a few weigh ins at roughly 180 under normal dieting conditions; then probably cut off another 5-10 by my birthday; then lean out the rest very slowly until the next marathon. Slow, steady and heavy lifting mates; then muscle mass be retained; and haste only makes waste.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 1 lb per week and have been pretty much on track with that. There are 63 days (9 weeks) until Christmas, so at 1 pound per week, I hope to lose 9 pounds by then. I'll be happy with anywhere from 5 - 10 pounds lost.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I would like to be down to 220lbs for Christmas (down 11 from my current weight)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 3 more lbs by Thanksgiving. We are staying with my BF's Family in Tennessee for 1 week and his mom is a really good cook...
    Christmas? I'd like to maintain under 150.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    11 pounds.
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    20 lbs for me too, but I would be thrilled with 10
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    By Christmas I would like to:

-Lose 10 more lbs (5 lbs per month)
    -Start a C25k graduate running program (like a 10k trainer, or speed drills)
    -Officially go down a pant size or two
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to run a 10k with a 10 minute mile. I think it can be done!!
  • impemberstar
    impemberstar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Being under 200 lbs (CW - 218) would pretty much be the best X-Mas present ever, but I doubt it'll happen.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    This morning my weight was 214.4, and I am trying to get to 199 but I just don't know if that is going to be possible for me by Christmas. I don't want to put extra pressure on myself or anything so I am thinking if it happens, great, if not I am almost positive I'll reach 199 by March 25 which marks one year on MFP.

^^^ this is similar to my goal for Christmas.

With being unable to exercise at present & going into hospital in just over 2 weeks I will be very happy if I hit 200lb or less by Christmas. That's 14.5lbs away from my current weight (recorded yesterday)

Good luck with your hospitalization!! I have no dramatic excuses/reasons, unfortunately ;-) I can exercise. And I will. But I KNOW I will want to indulge in a few great holiday treat foods, and I plan on enjoying it (in small quantities of course) so I don't wanna push myself like crazy between now and Jan 1.
  • ecmont032
    ecmont032 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    can someone please tell me what a stone is!!!!
    and i hope to be 16-20 lbs lighter by xmas
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Being under 200 lbs (CW - 218) would pretty much be the best X-Mas present ever, but I doubt it'll happen.

This makes me feel bad somehow.

I am really happy about my weight loss (currently 214 and highest ever was 307) and I do consider myself dedicated....but for me getting to 199 and below is not quite that exciting, I can think of hundreds of things that would be a better Xmas present to me lol.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My goals are to

Continuously weigh/measure/log and be accountable through the holiday season (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas)
    Establish a new indoor workout routine for the fall/winter (cardio and weights at a gym)

If I can somehow lose 10 lbs by then (hopefully by doing the above) - that would be the best present in a long time!
  • joyummymummy
    joyummymummy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I want to have lost 2stone by Christmas in total ive done 6 so far so ive 22pounds to go that means ive to lose 2.44 pounds a week which at my weight I think is very achievable!!! IM GOING TO DO IT!!
  • melancholyjen
    melancholyjen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    back down to 135lbs = 5lb loss
    boot camp = once a week, every week
    zumba = once a week, every week

I was there in February, but a new job (active job to sedentary desk job) helped put that 5 pounds back on. LOVE the job, but need to get more active.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    16 pounds would be perfect. It's eight weeks, so feasible, right?!
  • clairexu16
    Options
    I'm 25 pounds away from my goal weight, but by Christmas, I am hoping for 10-15 pounds accounting for the possible weight gain from Thanksgiving.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hit 199, that's 8 more pounds and will also be in the overweight range of BMI instead of obese. I've been plugging away, but the scale has been stubborn lately. I'm going to work hard so I can get there!
    :smile: