Whats your realistic christmas goal?

Options

Replies

• ohmyquaddd
    ohmyquaddd Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Would love to lose 10-15 pounds by then, though 20 would be exceptional!
    College makes it so much harder..can you believe the struggle to find simple grilled chicken and brown rice on campus!?
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
    Makes my motivation that much stronger. :happy:
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I started on July 13th and my goal was to drop 40lbs by Xmas (going from 169 to 129). At this point I believe I've lost about 21lbs (I'm not positive because I only weigh once a month), so it seems quite unlikely that I would drop another 18lbs in 2 months. Realistically, I'd love to be 136 by xmas, which is 12 pounds (i think) from right now.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I already hit my first goal, just trying to shed some vanity pounds. I've been losing a lb a month to do that, so my goal is to lose another 2 lbs. Wish it'd be more, but I'm short and pretty inactive which isn't going to change between now and Christmas. Plus, it's the holidays, so there's super yummy food and I won't be refusing a couple bites of pie just to lose an extra 0.1 lb. Just, no.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    10-12lbs by Christmas would be nice. I'm actually in a weight loss challenge group here at work. Winner gets $2000.00. Would be nice, but I'm not going to kill myself for it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd be overjoyed with 10.
  • jennibear8504
    Options
    1. -10lbs
    2. size 6 (i'm an 8 right now)
    3. running outside (treadmill only right now)
    4. 3+ mile runs every run (2.5 miles right now)
    5. start other non-cardio exercise (not sure what yet)
  • thmgoodw
    Options
    My hopes, my dreams... :happy: would be 22 pounds by Christmas, which I would clear if I can maintain the same fat loss over the next 9 weeks that I have been losing over the past 7 weeks.

That being said, my "safe" goal is 12 pounds. I'm at 222, and I think that breaking that 200 barrier (which got surpassed going the wrong direction about 5 years ago :angry: ) would be a big positive psyychological boost for me.
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of goals I'd like to keep ticking off until maintenance.....but even then, the goals will just be more performance based once I get there :) By Christmas I would love to lose another 10 pounds and be in a 10 instead of a 12, but I'd be happy with any loss I can manage. I especially would like to be a little faster in my sport (badminton). Just this month I have kicked up my training a notch and would like to keep the intensity level up and hopefully see and feel some results by Christmas.

Pretty reasonable, a little more weight loss and a little more speed :)
  • JessiAnn88
    JessiAnn88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    9 pounds! that would put me at 140 and only 5 lbs away from my goal weight going into the new year :)
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think I want to shoot for 10 lbs. I feel that it's reasonable and attainable (provided I stay away from crappy food).
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    good luck everyone,you have all set your selves some great minded goals, you can do it :smile:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    By Christmas I would like to:

Have paid for and registered for another Tough Mudder for 2014
    Complete 2 cycles of 5/3/1 in my new gym (starting new cycle on Nov 1 - changing gyms next week)
    Squat my bodyweight. (currently 25 pounds away)
    Bench Press 90 pounds without a spotter (Am at 80 now)
    Run a 3.5 minute half mile. (Im at 3:45 now)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have reached "20 pounds lost!" on my ticker!!! So that would be another 7 lbs. totally doable, I think :)

:drinker:
  • crash_aly
    crash_aly Posts: 112
    Options
    10lbs was my goal before I hopped on the scale and saw that I gained 2lbs in the last week...hoping it's just normal fluctuation/water weight, otherwise 12lbs! My overall goal is to lose 15-20 more (including the 10-12 before Christmas).

Oh! And of course to make good food choices over the holidays! I love to bake...so just need to not partake in the consumption!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for -20lbs by Christmas :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    My goal is just to survive it. LOL
    Of course I want to lose more weight. Ideally, 15 lbs, realistically, 10 lbs.

On top of the Thanksgiving hubbub, we're going to Florida/Disney the first week of December. We'll be gone Dec 1-9th. So yea.... it's going to be a challenge to have Thanksgiving, Disney and then Christmas. But you know, all I can do is keep working hard, try not to go overboard and see what happens. I'm not going to stress myself out about it. I know what I need to do to keep going. :)
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Survive
  • dietcoke29
    dietcoke29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 15lbs. It's achievable as long as I stick to tracking on the weekends! The weekends I always put my social life first. Blah
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    To hit my goal weight, which is about 11 lbs away.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I just want to lose the last six pounds to get to my primary goal, so I can see if I like my body at that weight. :drinker: