Whats your realistic christmas goal?

Options

Replies

• HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 10 pounds by christmas :)
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance now, so my goal for Christmas is to be the same weight I am now - maybe a bit tighter in my arms and tummy. :smile:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    To have all my presents bought and wrapped a week before Christmas Day. I doubt it will happen though.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    1. to fit in the size 8 Lucky Brand jeans I bought for $2; 2. not to over indulge in all the of the delicious treats my office will be getting over the holidays....so much chocolate.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    At 15 weeks before Christmas I made a goal to be down 15 pounds in those 15 weeks.

However, I have lost about 10 already. I am hoping to lose at least another 10, perhaps 15 if I can keep myself in line ;)
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I want to be at least down 50 lbs by Christmas which would be 20 more lbs.... more would be fantastic! but I would be happy with that.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    lose the last 10
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I hope to stay within 2 lbs of my current (goal) weight.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I want to get rid of another 20 lbs by Christmas but realistically it would be more like 15 however I would like to be more defined which I started working on in September
  • lainie644
    lainie644 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If we think only in realistic terms of our weight challenge, then that doesn't leave any room for improvement. Say for example, the average weight loss by then for some would be only 16 lbs., but with some extra effort it could be 22 lbs.
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 6 pounds by Christmas. That would put me at 149.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be in a comfortable size 12 by then (so approximately 10 more lbs). I'm a comfortable 14 now.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm getting pretty close to maintenance, so at this point, I'd be really happy with losing 3-4 lbs before Christmas
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I started on 1st August and in 13 weeks I've lost 21lbs, so TECHNICALLY in another 9 weeks til Christmas I 'should' be able to lose another 14.5lbs...........

But I have learned that my weight loss is far from linear and sometimes I don't lose anything for 3 weeks (despite logging everything, maintaining deficit, exercising) and then I lose 3lb all at once etc. Also, I can tell that since I'm back in the 'normal' weight range for my height, weight loss is slower than when I was genuinely 'overweight'.

So I'm 148lb now (down from 169lb) and if I managed to be around 135lb by Christmas I would be well chuffed, but just getting back under 140lb would be nice.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Ideally, 8 pounds. But knowing I usually lose 1 pound a week, lose a week of loss when I eat out, and there's Thanksgiving coming up...I'd be happy with 5. I've been losing quickly the past month, so I'm not expecting much. I tend to go through patterns of losing a lot of weight quickly and then stalling for a while. I'm currently stalling.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    For my ticker to say 20# lost!!
    So 3-4 pounds more! :-)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    To buy myself something nice!
  • Aust1967
    Aust1967 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hope to lose between 9 and 10 pounds between now and Christmas.
  • tinavflynn
    tinavflynn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For now my goal is to be down 25lbs by Thanksgiving. I'm down 19 lbs now, so I think 6 pounds in the next month is reasonable. By Christmas I'd like to be down 30-35 lbs, but we'll see with all the festive goodies people try to pass around the office. I'm hoping to stay on track!
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have reached "20 pounds lost!" on my ticker!!! So that would be another 7 lbs. totally doable, I think :)