what did you give up to help lose weight

Options
14567810»

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've entirely given up anything. I changed my portion sizes and ratios. I became more mindful of how often I chose the less nutritious foods. I added more commitment to exercise. I changed my restaurant outings to once a week, instead of several times. But nothing has been completely given up.
  • Wifey7891
    Options
    control portion size. diet isnt what you give up, its about how you manage it throughout the week. you can have a cheat day with some ice cream or a dinner out for pizza or whatever, but the rest of the days be conservative. and the little things add up too, choose the stairs over the elevator, park further away at the store, etc. commit to lifestyle changes, and when it becomes routine, itll be easy.
  • nohaynicknamesdisponibles
    Options
    70% of calories intake.
  • wardances
    Options
    Pretty much every darn food I really enjoyed. I always ensured my son got the healthy foods but it's hard forcing your toddler to eat fruits/veggies when you're chowing down on half a pizza and a medium DQ Blizzard. Now I've switched to a diet that consists primarily of fruits, veggies, lean meat, and nuts. The hardest part will be giving up chocolate and doing this all without any support from my husband.
  • GardenOfSongs
    GardenOfSongs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sugar in coffee. Small change, reduces my daily sugar consumption massively and tastes pretty much the same, if not better!
  • GardenOfSongs
    GardenOfSongs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ooh, also condiments! Used to have ketchup/BBQ sauce on a lot of things and now we don't even have any in the house.
  • new2canada
    new2canada Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I used to eat really big bread rolls for lunch and since I haven't been doing that, I can see a change in the scales. That is just a guess though, it could be something else I've done.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Nothing!! I use IIFYM!! It's a lifestyle not a diet!!
  • wardances
    Options
    Soda. It doesn't have any positive health benefits for me.
    A minimum of 1000 calories per day of my previous habits. Probably more like 2000.
    Meat that had legs.

Haha, I laughed so hard at the last line because I immediately thought of humans.
  • divacowgirl
    Options
    I"ve given up finding excuses not to exercise and extreme dieting.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I just changed some bad habits. Giving things up entirely is what made me fail in the past. I stopped eating to excess and now eat everything in moderation and I eat sugary foods like baked goods and candy much less often. I don't want to exceed my calories so I would much rather eat 300 calories in an entire meal and feel full than eat one candy bar and still want food.
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just completely cut out junk food from my menu. but at the same time if i fancy a burger i will have. but i will make it at home instead of going to mcdonalds. now high fat food makes me feel sick.
    also i changed my ratios.. like instead of carb loading my plate i first put veggies on- half of the plate.. i generally allows myself to have as much veg as i fancy. then i put protein in and carbs last. sometimes i wont need any or wont feel like it. but if i fancy some pasta i will have it. just a small portion.
    but i did give up sugar in my coffee. this was hard to start with. but now im happy. :)
  • mymuffin88
    mymuffin88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1) Larger portions

2) Eating when not physically hungry

3) Eating to please others (when not hungry)

4) Eating food I do not find pleasing, or am just not in the mood for at the time

5) Eating in environments that are [emotionally] upsetting to me for whatever reason, since I tend to be less sensitive to my stomach/hunger cues then

6) Eating to comfort my feelings or intense emotions at times
  • OcotilloFire
    OcotilloFire Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Coca-cola. From the can, from the bottle, from the fountain. From my home, from my work, from a restaurant. I still dream of it, though.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Sitting on the sofa saying I'll workout tomorrow.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Pepsi

Everything else is in moderation
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I gave up being able to whatever whenever. I will still eat 1 LB. cheeseburgers and deep dish pizza but I sort of have to plan it in advance. Oh I also had to give up candy and pop. Candy never really fits into a diet and pop is such a waste of calories.
  • fitmusiclifeviola
    Options
    I gave up being mindless about food, and I really gave up getting that 'stuffed' feeling every meal. Every once in a while I can get it, but if I do it every meal, that means I'm eating more than I can burn, EVEN when I'm exercising a lot. I've not given up desserts, though I have given up not caring/not having to track how many I eat. I eat somewhat smaller portions of desserts.

I've also given up my self-deprecating body image!