Urgent! Need to lose some fat Asap!!

Options

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Drink half your weight in oz of water.

Drink green tea instead of soda.

Cut out processed carbs (bread, pasta, etc.) and limit starchy veggies (potatoes, corn, etc.).

Bump up your veggie intake and limit fruit to two pieces per day.

Bump up your cardio and lift some weights. Try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

drink half your weight in water..??? What??? If I drank half my weight in water that would be like 85 pounds of water a day ...I might freaking burst..or die from peeing...

what does green tea have to do with anything?

This is exactly what I thought

It said half your weight in OUNCES ie 85 oz
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Diet.. CLEAN FOOD

Fasted cardio.. as often as possible

Lift heavy weights..

5 weeks, 10 lbs- all fat :)
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    The atkins diet is free, and they say you can lose 15lb's in 2 weeks. Just go to Atkins.com. I tried it once, and really did lose 15 in 2 weeks. Never did lose anymore than that though. Congratulations OP! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Bruno Mars would speak on behalf of your fiance.

"Cause you're amazing
    Just the way you are".

Change for yourself is alright. Set a reasonable timeframe (a year or two) and get to work. A goal of five weeks is unreasonable. Enjoy the cruise and congratulations. :drinker:

Quote for truth and congratulations!!! Presumably, you are getting married to spend forever with the love of your life. I eloped and have no photos of my wedding. My punk kid sister didn't and has tons she never looks at. I've been married almost 22 years and she's been married almost 20. It's not the wedding that counts; it's the marriage. Have fun and God bless you both!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Stick with a moderate (500-1000) calorie deficit and exercise.

Don't do anything drastic or overboard. The last thing you want is to feel sick, weak, worn out, etc on your cruise/for your wedding. And if you choose to crash diet/juice fast/water fast/anything else that will take off more than 1-2 pounds a week consistently, you risk doing that.

I know you want to look great for your wedding pictures. But, perspective … in 20 years, they'll look awesome but dated anyway. (Trust me … I look at my wedding picture from the mid '90s and think, 'wow, we look so young, and that was so '90s :wink). And it would be far worse to be too ill from crash dieting to enjoy your cruise!

FWIW, based off your profile pic, you look lovely and i'm sure your happiness will show more than any extra pounds in your wedding & photos.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    buy a good corset and be done with it.

This, too :happy:
  • niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and congratulations!
    Don't go too crazy with your diet pre-cruise. There is so much temptation to eat on the cruises that it can be a hard transition for you afterwards. Take the stairs and avoid the buffet! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • rosemary98
    Options
    don't postpone your wedding. congrats. if you want to shed some weight, I would cut down to a 1200 calorie diet with some exercise. I understand your desire to take a lot of weight off fast, but in 5 weeks...there is only so much you can do and still be healthy. this is a new beginning...congrats.

If you can't stick to a low calorie diet...try more like 1500. you will still lose weight.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for everyone taking the time to send me some valuable advice and input. I do appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

wanted to add also for every one who sent me messages. THANKS!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for everyone taking the time to send me some valuable advice and input. I do appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

wanted to add also for every one who sent me messages. THANKS!

Just out of curiosity, did you get any messages from Beachbody coaches, asking you to join 'challenges?'
  • HotWheels96
    Options
    For those confused on drinking "half your weight in water":

Read the statement word for word...you know, where it says half your weight IN OUNCES!!

So if you weigh 160 lbs, then 80 ounces.

Seems plain to me.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That sounds like such fun :)

I'd be looking for a flattering dress more than anything. And corsets, yep! Choose a dress that has detailing/styling you love, and you'll look gorgeous! Nobody has to be a slim bride, but it's nice to look all put together and fixed up on the big day. That's the fun part about how you look on your wedding day, imho.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Read the statement word for word...you know, where it says half your weight IN OUNCES!!

Seems plain to me.

It's still an arbitrary/bogus/not-based-in-science suggestion.
  • marzajones
    marzajones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds like very sound advice! Congratulations by the way and enjoy.....
  • marzajones
    marzajones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was responding to what hot wheels said.
  • HotWheels96
    Options

Seems plain to me.

Yes, well I'm not the one that suggested it, it was posted earlier in the thread, followed by people who misread it entirely thinking people should drink half their weight in water. I was just attempting to clear that up.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Seems plain to me.

Yes, well I'm not the one that suggested it, it was posted earlier in the thread, followed by people who misread it entirely thinking people should drink half their weight in water. I was just attempting to clear that up.

Indeed. And your clarification both made sense and was apparently needed. I was just providing a reminder of the prudence of the advice.
  • suliashortland
    Options
    I hope you have made some progress since you posted. I agree with a lot of the previous posts, drinking lots of water, detox with green tea etc but I just wanted to make a suggestion. Not sure if you have thought of this in the past but my daily schedule is so full on I find it hard to get time to plan and prepare my meals let alone go shopping. Because Im time poor I sometimes find myself going to get takeaways because its the easy option. Im just starting a diet delivery plan to take all the thinking and stress out of weight loss. Majority of weight loss if what you eat so if your meals are fresh and prepared with the right nutritional needs for you and delivered right to your door I think Im setting myself up for success.. because all I have to do is exercise!

I have always struggled with my weight and this option just seems right for my lifestyle and busy schedule. Check it out at http://myeasydiet.net . Hope this helps and I hope you are well towards your goal weight for your big day!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Diet.. CLEAN FOOD

Fasted cardio.. as often as possible

Lift heavy weights..

5 weeks, 10 lbs- all fat :)

and you know this how?
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Do low carb