Romance - Where did you meet your partner?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Wrxsti23
    Options
    Plenty of Fish!!

He messaged me first and after that it was history.

Now engaged after 2 years of dating.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Photo shoot actually:) We were hired independently to do a shoot loosely based on 50 Shades of Grey for a local fashion magazine and hit it off immediately.

I noticed his smile first and then realize that smile was attached to an 8-pack body. *self high five*

I love that he doesn't take himself too seriously, but he still can keep up with how ambitious I am.

Sadly he's moving at the end of the month, and neither of us have found LDR to be enjoyable or successful so we're going to move forward as friends. C'est la vie, I appreciate it for what it's been:)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Met at Devry
    His big puppy dog eyes attracted me to him
    Best quality is that he is so committed and dedicated to me and his children.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    Where did you meet you partner? At work

What did you first notice about him/her? His walk and hair. He would walk by my cubicle like he owned the world, then he would toss his hair to the side. My first thought was "WTF is wrong with this kid, he's got some balls" Second thought was "Why am I naked"

What is their best quality you appreciate? He's a damn good father and doesn't take life to seriously. There are days we literally can just look at each other and laugh for no reason. It's a good thing!
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    I met my husband while I was walking down town at Christmas time with my best friend. She just so happened to be dating his roommate. They hooked us up a few weeks later.

The first thing I noticed was how hot he was! Second I realized how incredibly comfortable I was with him. It was like we had always been together. And we are going on 16 years so it must be love :)

Best quality: He is loyal. He always has my back and never ever has he cheated! He is amazing!
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Where did you meet you partner?
    What did you first notice about him/her?
    What is their best quality you appreciate?

--Met my husband (we've been together almost 10 yrs, married for 6) in college, we were in the "All American" Marching Band together and we had a lot of mutual friends, we all hung around together during the Bowl trip late December... so that's where we first started talking/flirting :-)

--Noticed he was tall and handsome (with perfect blue eyes) and liked to tickle me :-) We had friends in common so I had a hunch we'd get along pretty well.

--These days, I couldn't just pick one quality to appreciate most about him. He's forgiving and gracious, does not raise his voice at me, is very good at taking care of me while I'm sick, he's very patient and extremely intelligent. And he is turning out to be a fabulous father to our almost-5-mo old :-)

AAMB! Boiler up! Hell yes, damn right, you bet, no sweat...
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Where did you meet you partner? High school. We were best friends at first then started dating at 22.

What did you first notice about him/her? He looked like Travis Barker, His eyes, His sense of humour and he was a skater :) gimmie a break i was 16.

What is their best quality you appreciate? His patience with me, his dry sense of humour (I'm british so I get it), his intelligence and to quote Beyonce "I don't know why you love me, and that's why I love you"
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Where did you meet you partner? At the 2009 St Petersburg Bowl where Rutgers destroyed our beloved UCF Knights
    What did you first notice about him/her? I looked over and was like "hey that girl is pretty cute and she smiled at me, maybe I can bang her tonight.
    What is their best quality you appreciate? Ambition, nothing sexier than an ambitious woman.
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a romantic at heart. I would say I would have made a really great guy because I've read so many romance novels (not that I expect that's real life).

So I'm curious...

I would comment but I'm single....so that's why I'm curious :p

Ha ours is actually quite cute/devious depending on your point of view!

I met my hubby when I was temping at the company where he worked in the IT department, to help pay my way through Uni
    I first noticed him striding around looking moody when he visited our level in the building. I mentioned to my colleague I thought he was rather lovely :blushing: and we decided to see if we could ermmm "persuade him" to ask me out.

So I unplugged a few important looking wires from my computer and disabled a few settings, then logged a call with the IT support team. Sure enough he came to my rescue and had asked me on a date by the end of the afternoon - he even was polite enough not to mention the very obvious issues with my computer...!

We have now been together for 9 years, married for 2 and 1/2 years - I confessed everything about my devious seduction plot very early on and he was very flattered :laugh:
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a romantic at heart. I would say I would have made a really great guy because I've read so many romance novels (not that I expect that's real life).

So I'm curious...

I would comment but I'm single....so that's why I'm curious :p

I love our story. ... I have known my partner since we were kids, my mom and his were best friends as we were growing up, I always had a crush on him, he had a great head of curly hair, but he didn't know I existed... I was just his little sisters friend....lol. Life saw us take very different paths. He went to college, the navy and then law school and ended up in VA as a lawyer in a firm in DC. I got pregnant, married, divorced and moved to NC w/ a job then to RI. During that time when we were in our late twenties, he was going to law school in MI and I was working in NC. We both came home for the holidays. Our moms set us up on a date... I had my daughter with me. We went to see the Beevus and Butthead movie and went to lunch, we seemed to really hit it off and corresponded (letters, hand written w/ actual stamps!) for a few months, then I got distracted and lost touch with him. Fast forward to early 2000's and his mom passed away. My moms best friend. Went to the funeral and saw him. I tried to contact him after that - he was in DC by then, I was in RI. My emails bounced. I gave up. Fast forward again to 2009 and my dad passed. One day soon after he passed I went to my moms and I saw a donation card on her table - picked it up. It was from him. So I wondered what he was up to and thought I would try reaching out again. I contacted him through LinkedIn. This time my email went through and he responded. We corresponded for a few months and then met up in NYC (half way for each of us). When we got to the point where we knew we had to see each other I said something about being glad I saw the card contacted him and he said 'why do you think I sent it' and when I said something to my mom about seeing the card on her table she said 'why do you think I left it out'.... LOL, here the whole time I thought it was clever of me to reach out to him... I like to think of us as a gift from his mom and my dad.

It has been over four years now and he has since moved back to New England and we just bought a house together, I still love his hair and his smile and his best quality is that he is a true gentleman. He walks on the outside, opens the door for me, sends flowers, says please and thank you and he cleans up after himself... LOL... even if he puts stuff back in the wrong place!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    we met in health class in my freshman year of high school. I really didn't notice anything about him at first, he was really quiet! but then after the class was over, I started noticing him a lot around school and started liking him pretty much out of nowhere. He had a class with one of my best friends and she was trying to get homework answers from him and told him about me liking him...all very very typical high school lol.

but it lasted and it's been 6.5 years for us now and we got married this February. We have two cats and a nice little apartment, we're both finishing up college now and we're really happy! crazy how it worked out, but I wouldn't have it any other way!