Juice Cleanse?

Options

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Just go ahead and do it. Maybe whatever you think will happen, will happen.

Ooooo, magic. Right here at Halloween. Pumpkin juice.
  • Cali212
    Cali212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've done two five-day cleanses. I considered it less of a "cleanse" and more of a reset button. It definitely put the following things into perspective: portion sizes, how much salt and hot sauce I was consuming (not that there's anything wrong with hot sauce) and how much sugar I craved.

The first cleanse went really well - by day three, I was walking on air. I had tremendous energy. I lost five pounds and kept three of them off.

The second cleanse didn't go well - I was on an exercise program that I couldn't stop because I had already paid for it, and I just couldn't recover from the workouts. It was terrible and I was miserable.

I think juice fasts are a great way to "reset" - and three days is completely doable. I wouldn't expect tremendous weight loss, but definitely expect to shrink your actual "stomach" - as in, the sack inside your belly that holds food. :-)

Good luck!
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    before I joined MFP I did it few times. I even did it for a week. geez.....the first days were hard headache, bad mood, super hungry, tired and all, this all gets better after 2/3 days. After a few days you feel like you can walk in the woods and smash some trees. weight loss is a plus but that **** comes back. So end of this song is...for what? Now I would say one day or so after a ****ty weekend would be good. but healthy food is too.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    "Cleanse" is just a euphemism for "diarrhea."

O M G Best quote ever!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't expect tremendous weight loss, but definitely expect to shrink your actual "stomach" - as in, the sack inside your belly that holds food. :-)

Good luck!

That's called hunger.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Just my body in general.

Your body already cleanses itself....the only thing you will be cleansing is your wallet.

QFT
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    "Cleanse" is just a euphemism for "diarrhea."

O M G Best quote ever!

BWAH! I couldn't agree more!
  • cheryl529h
    cheryl529h Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My experience with a 3-day juice cleanse: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cheryl529h

And I think the word "cleanse" is a misnomer. I never had any unusual gastrointestinal side effects at all during the three days I was on my "cleanse."

By the way, all the juice recipes I used during the 3-day cleanse are noted in the blog.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to know what toxin(s) is/are reduced as a result of drinking nothing but juice for X days. Just name one.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Just my body in general.

im just gonna go ahead and drop this awesome gif in all "body cleanse" threads today.

109047.gif

so far this is number 2. let's keep up the good work!
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    Just my body in general.

im just gonna go ahead and drop this awesome gif in all "body cleanse" threads today.

109047.gif

so far this is number 2. let's keep up the good work!

How come nobody cleanses MY body like that?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    After Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead hit the UK TV I managed to warn some doctors and dietitians to weigh in on this and be prepared for everyone to start going juice cleanse crazy.
    I think this will also be next year's January thing, the British Dietetic are still reviewing their 'Fad Diet' food fact sheets to include this new stuff.

I can't say what they said obviously, 5+ years in medical school and the decades they've spent practising doesn't, unfortunately according to you, qualify them to answer on this thread.
  • Rav3n1022
    Rav3n1022 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Why is it everyone keeps telling me fruit isnt good in large quanities? what does this have to do with my question? I've already stated the juice that I will be consuming if i deside on doing this will consist of mostly veggies.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't expect tremendous weight loss, but definitely expect to shrink your actual "stomach" - as in, the sack inside your belly that holds food. :-)

Uh no, your stomach doesn't shrink. It's the size it is when it's empty, you can't change that.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Why is it everyone keeps telling me fruit isnt good in large quanities? what does this have to do with my question? I've already stated the juice that I will be consuming if i deside on doing this will consist of mostly veggies.

Actually you haven't really stated much of anything. What toxins are you trying to remove? Why do you think this might be an effective way of removing said toxins?
  • Rav3n1022
    Options
    I've done two five-day cleanses. I considered it less of a "cleanse" and more of a reset button. It definitely put the following things into perspective: portion sizes, how much salt and hot sauce I was consuming (not that there's anything wrong with hot sauce) and how much sugar I craved.

The first cleanse went really well - by day three, I was walking on air. I had tremendous energy. I lost five pounds and kept three of them off.

The second cleanse didn't go well - I was on an exercise program that I couldn't stop because I had already paid for it, and I just couldn't recover from the workouts. It was terrible and I was miserable.

I think juice fasts are a great way to "reset" - and three days is completely doable. I wouldn't expect tremendous weight loss, but definitely expect to shrink your actual "stomach" - as in, the sack inside your belly that holds food. :-)

Good luck!

^ this... thank you.
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Real life response here. I have done this several times and learned it's useless. Long story short, it's a waste of money and I only lost the water weight which came right back in 2 days or less. Just up your water intake, drink hot green tea with your meals.
  • Rav3n1022
    Options
    My experience with a 3-day juice cleanse: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cheryl529h

And I think the word "cleanse" is a misnomer. I never had any unusual gastrointestinal side effects at all during the three days I was on my "cleanse."

By the way, all the juice recipes I used during the 3-day cleanse are noted in the blog.

THank you very much! Helpful blog. I appriciate it very much. I agree with the word cleanse as well.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

Good luck!

^ this... thank you.

Have fun shrinking your stomach sack... Does that sound scientific to you? Lol. .. aliens
  • Rav3n1022
    Options
    OK. I am going to do it. If it has negative reactions, then I will know. If it doesn't then I will know that too. I appriciate the actual feedback from everyone! I will let you know how it goes :)

Thank you.