The Next Person Who Says

Options

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    When I eat lunch, at least once a week from the same person "Are you still on a diet? Uh, I have been eating this way for over 4 years. Apparently healthy food still baffles him.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    "You've lost so much weight! How did you do it?" Usually followed by a big eyed, deer in headlights look when I answer them and it follows with a "Wow, I could never..." from them.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    HATE people who say "ooo your losing weight? you can't just have that... don't starve yourself" etc when they haven't got a clue about dieting.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. Doesn't ANYONE remember the old, "Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?" They WEIGH the same. One is denser than the other. It's a matter of volume. Not weight. *NERD ALERT*

This is my the next person says...

It's so irritating. They do not weigh the same. In equal volumes they are different weights.

So annoying.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    "You are tall. You don't need to lose weight. You hide it well." Seriously? Where do I hide it, my big toe?

I think my son does. He is thin all over, all the other toes looks 'normal', but his big toe (both of them) are HUGE TOE BALLONS! I have to buy his beloved Vibram 5-finger shoes 2 sizes extra big
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    "It is what it is...", deserves a throat punch!

HAHA.. this is my motto, I say it all the time. SORRY!!!

Me too... love to say this. If there is no reasonable course of action that you can or will take to change something then the only sane thing to do is accept it. Resisting reality with no intention of changing it is just not healthy.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Am I pregnant??? Because strangers on the internet can tell you that. :noway: :angry: :yawn:
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    "You've lost so much weight! How did you do it?" Usually followed by a big eyed, deer in headlights look when I answer them and it follows with a "Wow, I could never..." from them.

Yes, This! They want a magic pill!
  • swillybay
    swillybay Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Calling someone "dude," especially a woman. When someone says that around me, my opinion of their intelligence goes straight down.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yolo annoys me. Not enough to throat punch, but I will completely disregard anything else the person says after hearing it. I'm also not fond of the cutesy shortening of words like totes, adorbs, and gorge. It's more annoying when they string them all together.

Yolo. Amaze-balls. Cray-cray. Anything from the Kardashian Kollection teevee, apparently. These things annoy me, not enough to make me want to punch anyone in the throat (that's reserved for intruders and siblings), but enough to make me re-evaluate their intelligence.

I do like saying adorkable, though. *blush*

Cheers!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Anything having to do with sugar being as addictive as cocaine or poison.
  • SnowWillow
    Options
    Definitely muscles weighs more than fat. This gets me every time and it's so frustrating to see it still in circulation.

My next would be "you shouldn't eat that." Especially from someone who eats said item.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Calling someone "dude," especially a woman. When someone says that around me, my opinion of their intelligence goes straight down.

I do this, and "man". Not to ladies though. They are senoritas or chickas.

We've been trying for a family for 5 years now, and the next time I hear "The moment you stop trying, it'll happen" is going to feel my wrath.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Anything having to do with sugar being as addictive as cocaine.

This one goes on my list.
  • YesIAm17
    Options
    "Congratulations on your weight loss...keep it up!" No ****, do you think that I think that I'm done??? I'm still fat! Can't we just leave it at congratulations????

I say "keep it up" and "keep going" in comments on my news feed all the time. It's meant purely as motivation. Giving dozens of people positive feedback everyday these are just simple "go to" comments.

Does this really bother people?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    "Bae" or "cray cray." Seriously, enough of this tomfoolery. :mad:
  • Dunsirn
    Dunsirn Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. Doesn't ANYONE remember the old, "Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?" They WEIGH the same. One is denser than the other. It's a matter of volume. Not weight. *NERD ALERT*

well, technically they don't because on earth mass/ weight has a 1:1 ratio, but once you leave earths gravitational pull the ton of bricks will actually "weigh" more.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_is_heavier_a_ton_of_bricks_or_a_ton_of_feathers#slide1

30547-Yeah-science-gif-9HyV.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    "It is what it is...", deserves a throat punch!

Don't even get me started...
  • YesIAm17
    Options

well, technically they don't because on earth mass/ weight has a 1:1 ratio, but once you leave earths gravitational pull the ton of bricks will actually "weigh" more.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_is_heavier_a_ton_of_bricks_or_a_ton_of_feathers#slide1

30547-Yeah-science-gif-9HyV.gif

Speaking of that guy yo... It is really annoying yo.... seriously yo... yo.

yo.

(actually in the show it's hilarious... irl not so much)
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    life-goes-on-lebowski.gif