The Next Person Who Says

Options

Replies

• ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Shenanigans is getting pistol whipped!

I can't believe it took 2 pages of replies to finally get this!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Seriously? -NOT
    Just saying
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    "You can't weight that much!"
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    "Hi"
  • HavocOmega
    Options
    The next person who tells me

"You're a paleontologist? So you're like Ross from 'Friends'."

or

"You have a doctorate in vertebrate paleontology? So you can fix my back problems, right? "

or god help you if

"Jurassic Park was a great movie, wasn't it? "

Gets It. I don't care if you are my dentist man, don't you compare me to that yutz who dated Rachel.
  • peachcats
    Options
    "You're healthy, why are you eating [INSERT UNHEALTHY FOOD HERE]?"

Why does everyone think my diet consists of lettuce and carrots?
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    "I know how you feel". NO YOU DON"T.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are getting sick because you workout to much.

From my 'wonderful' mum. Nope because my lovely children/hubby have given me their bug.
  • Maria_Cutie
    Maria_Cutie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    "Itll get better" or "It'll get easier"
    In ANY situation. I dont want to hear that ****.

It makes me angry. I'm a very optimistic person but sometimes hearing that when Im down just makes me cringe and want to tell them "EFF YOU. you dont know my pain!" (Maybe Im just a big baby but it's been a pet peeve for ever)
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    "Hi"

Lol
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    "You don't look healthy. Maybe you should stop trying to lose any more weight."

Right. Anybody without a spare tire surely must be sick, since nobody would ever lose a fair amount of weight on purpose.
    For the first time in many years I'm back in the normal weight range for my height and people think I'm getting too thin.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    "I wish I had your genes" What, the "watch and log what I eat gene", or the "work my *kitten* off in the gym" one?
    Love this. :heart:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    "you're not still trying to lose are you?" I am so sick of this comment when I chose a healthy option for a meal....

You won't believe how many times I've been asked that since I started maintaining. I don't know if it's because I wear clothes that fit me a lot better now, or what the deal is, but it seems like I get asked this at almost every family gathering or whenever someone I only see intermittently comes over to my house. Even though I haven't intentionally lost a single pound since the beginning of June.

When the question is asked to me, though, it's more like "Are you STILL losing weight?" which sort of implies that I'm doing something that I've taken it too far and am still actively losing like I have an ED or something. I swear to God, I want people to stop saying anything about my weight or the way I look, because I'm sick of it. It was sorta cute and flattering back when I was losing, but now it's just like STFU. I think next time I'll ask in response, "You're not still trying to gain, are you?"

I love this "You're not still trying to gain, are you?", I'm going to have to use it :bigsmile:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    "Hi"

Your responses bring me way too much joy. :laugh:
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    "Congratulations on your weight loss...keep it up!" No ****, do you think that I think that I'm done??? I'm still fat! Can't we just leave it at congratulations????

I say "keep it up" and "keep going" in comments on my news feed all the time. It's meant purely as motivation. Giving dozens of people positive feedback everyday these are just simple "go to" comments.

Does this really bother people?

It does me but then again some of these other things people are talking about don't bother me.
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    "dont worry your pretty little head over it"
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    "What's your secret" as if I am hoarding some magic weight loss pill

Tell them "Tobasco enemas and mainline cocaine".
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yolo makes me want to throttle a millennial...but "props" is short for "propa respects" really grinds my gears. Especially when its said in a professional setting or by any caucasian person. What are we, wanna-be thugs? Do I have my pants hanging around my *kitten*? Am I selling drugs? Am I making a new rap album? Do I have gold teeth? Am I driving a cadillac with 26" rims? NO I AM NOT. Now let me get my nine and pop a cap in the *kitten* of the next fool cracka who says "props".
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    "Don't worry, the vagina can really stretch". I hate that one.