How much $ is your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    About $1000 a month.

Of course, that includes a house to live in too. Love having a home gym.

Looks like a prison. :laugh:

PLEASE be careful w your baby around your exercise equipment. I just think back to Mike Tyson's child being strangled to death by the treadmill cord.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Zero dollars. It's kind of fantastic (and not a home gym).
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    There are 4 on base, all free. Two with nice big pools, all with a bunch of free weights, along with free classes, like Spin, Zumba, etc etc.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    zero. Bought a treadmill, weight bench and weights at thrift shops and yard sales. Use the sidewalk and running paths to run. Have videos and a great area to workout. I have done the gym thing before and after a while it became a pain for me to drive the 15 miles each way and I always made excuses. No excuses now. :)
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    None. Mine is in my garage :bigsmile:

I need a garage!
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Nothing....our health insurance covers it. :bigsmile:

ETA: Health First and it has everything, pool, walking/jogging track, most classes are free.

I am actually working on building my own gym with weight lifting equipment, don't know how much longer I will be able to keep gym membership if hubby's work drops insurance because of obamacare. :ohwell:

WOW great insurance!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    It depends, at the old employee gym, it's $25 a year, but if it's at the NEW one with the olympic pool, it's $150 a year.

Yeah, I'm a scrooge, I hit the old gym. I hear there are more weights there anyway because of all the police and firemen that go there.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    $27 per month @ 24 hour fitness. I used to just use my apartment gym but when I moved to a different apartment I found out their gym just really sucked. Looking at the other comments, mine seems kinda pricey but it is always open and they have classes.

My health insurance doesn't reimburse me though I'm jealous of all these other people. :(
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    :happy: 19.99 @ Gold's Gym! Classes and all I love it
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    $10 a month...Contemplating upgrading because they have outlawed deadlifting of any kind other than on a cable machine...and recently told me I couldn't have my cell phone out of my pocket on the treadmill. How else am I supposed to walk and MFP at the same time.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness in NY... $40/mo. It was $178 down but I had to pay for the first and last month up front along with a sign up fee.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    golds - $10/mo = $120/yr - $120 annual fitness reimbursal from work = $0

that's good to know- I get the feeling I'll be switching from LA FIT to Golds due to location- I am free now as an employee but state wide I was good at 35$ a month.

How do you like it? do they have enough squat racks and stuff? do they have any doofy *kitten* rules about dead lifting or anything??
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    McClure Fitness (local gym that does classes only) It's about $3.83 a class for things like bootcamp, barre methods, beginner yoga, strength training, intervals and power yoga.

LOVE IT.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    PLEASE be careful w your baby around your exercise equipment. I just think back to Mike Tyson's child being strangled to death by the treadmill cord.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    $20 with free daycare.
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I pay $105 (including taxes) for a one year membership to Planet Fitness which is 3 minutes from my house. I also pay $90 for my annual swim pass at my local high school which is about 7 minutes from my house driving. Combined this comes to $16 per month for access to good cardio weights, a nice 25 yard indoor lap pool, and weights which are close to my house. I would much rather pay $16 per month than prescription drugs for high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. It's well worth it.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    $43 a month. I'm a little jealous of all these that are paying $20 or less. But, I live in a smaller town and it's the only gym. They kind of have the market cornered in my town. Recently acquired about 800 lbs of free weights from our local high school though. They replenished their weights last year. Don't really know why...its not like they lost any lbs to each plate or anything but, oh well....I got'em for $1 (highest bidder....well, only bidder because I know the maintenance supervisor..lol) Anywho...my membership is up at the end of January so, this means I get to transform one side of the garage into my personal gym. Finally can get my brother in law to weld me a squat rack as opposed to the smith machine at my gym. Don't like the Smith because it doesn't help your inner muscles with the balance.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Gee, thanks for that. Never occurred to me that dropping my 350 lb squat on my kid could be bad...
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    $20.00 a month which includes classes and tanning. FREE FOR MEEEE when I go 12 times a month :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

Gee, thanks for that. Never occurred to me that dropping my 350 lb squat on my kid could be bad...

there goes your spotter