How much $ is your gym membership?

Options
I'm just curious...

I just switched to Planet Fitness (lol, I know) $10/month but was paying $36 somewhere else..

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    $3 a paycheck, paid every two weeks. We have a gym for employees.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Mine was 299$ for the year.

One of the Power Rack has been broken for 2 months (the pins are missing) and I am about to either change gym or get my own Power Rack for home :explode:
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    21.00 for World Gym in my town. We don't have all those nice gyms like Planet Fitness or Axiom Fitness.....but I do get to bring a guest ( my hubby) and also get unlimited tanning (which I still have yet to use.)

Yeah, that 21 bucks a month comes out and sometimes I don't even remember what it's for.

*slinks away*
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    $3 a paycheck, paid every two weeks. We have a gym for employees.

ohh I'm jelly :sad:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    haha, don't be. Not much in there :laugh:
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    haha, don't be. Not much in there :laugh:

:noway: :laugh: :laugh:
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    20 bucks for the planet fitness black card membership

I like that place but hate that they dont offer classes :mad:
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    DH and I pay about $100 together for our gym. It is a nice gym, but I think, in general, the gyms in our area are really pricey. This is the only "full service" gym in the area (with showers, for example) and has hours that work the best for us (5 AM - 9:30 PM weekdays and 8-6 on weekends). We are fortunate in that my FIL gifted us a membership for a year. I don't know if we could swing it on our own.
  • thmgoodw
    Options
    20 bucks for the planet fitness black card membership

I like that place but hate that they dont offer classes :mad:

Including tax, my Lifetime Fitness gym membership is net $73/month ($93/month minus $20 per month reimbursed by my insurance for attending 12x/month). I have access to free "mini" gyms at both work and in my apartment complex, but wanted the amenities that come with Lifetime. Huge free weights and cardio areas, towels, shaving cream/razors, indoor pool, outdoor pool with water slides, huge numbers of group exercise classes, including hot yoga. Definitely pricey, but it is basically a country club.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, I have access to a free gym on base where I work and another in my apartment complex.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    $20 a month, $39.99 yearly membership fee = Planet Fitness Black Membership
  • PaminTewksbury
    PaminTewksbury Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    $30/month...includes classes and babysitting. Babysitting is a must and my 5yo loves it.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    $20 a month at Anytime Fitness, love my gym and worth every penny.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    $20 a month for Retro Fitness... It's clean, people mind their business and I love it.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Results in DC $56 per month - It has an aquatic treadmill, suana, spa, pilates and yoga center (named Bend), and Zumba, Kashido and other cardio classes in the cardio center, TRX classes, abs classes, a spin theater, and a whole bunch of other stuff. It's my treat to myself!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I was paying $10 to Planet Fitness; it was cheap, clean and very convenient although very crowded. I could walk there from home. woo hoo! But then I decided to change my workout program to lifting free weights. Planet Fitness was not equipped for that, so now I pay $20 to Spectrum. It's worth the extra $10 to have a squat rack, in a woman's only section, with very few other members around. I like it.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    $91. Plus membership at the Y. Towels and separate change room away from the common rabble.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    $135 a month and that's a bargain in my area of NYC.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    My last membership was $145 for 6 months. Full service gym. Loved the pool. breakdown to $24 a month...went every day.

Moved and nearest full gym is $79 a month. Still looking needless to say. I have equipment for most of my home workouts but really miss the pool and sauna!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    $76 a month for 2 memberships at Anytime Fitness, which includes free tanning and 24 hour access to any of their locations nationwide.