How much $ is your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• pscott822
    pscott822 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I used to go to Planet Fitness. But I needed more. I joined the local Y.

I now use the pool 3-5 times a week, I signed up for a TRX class. Got swim lessons, joined their Multisport team. Run with the team, bike with the team, even swim in local lakes together with the team.Took spin classes, use the indoor track, $60. But so worth it. Also they have a network of Ys. So I can go almost anywhere and find a Y with similar amenities.

I figured since I go there all the time it was worth it to me to pay so much more.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm a member at 10 Fitness. I pay $21.70 a month and that includes all of the equipment, unlimited classes (Zumba is my fave!!) and unlimited tanning.
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    $93 month at the Y for 3 adults/3 children. Indoor/Outdoor Pool, exercise classes, weight room, basketball court, babysitting, discounted programs for the kids, etc. Problem is I only use it a few months a year, then stop, then remember I'm paying and start up again. I go thru this cycle every year.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I managed a family discount, $15 / month at the YMCA.
  • mkbarnes1775
    mkbarnes1775 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I go to our YMCA and it's $42 a month, that's for myself and two kids. Free babysitting, pool, workout room, classes etc.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    About $9 a month for a locker room, pretty good free weight set up, and cardio machines. A lot of other weight machines also.
  • johnnifast
    johnnifast Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I pay $35/month for a bronze membership at Lifetime Fitness.

I would go to Planet Fitness but... any gym that has Pizza Day is just crazy to me. Also, coining up the 'No Lunk Policy' while being advertised as a judgement-free facility.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    $42 a month for the University wellness centre. It has a great fitness centre and an indoor track (which is what got me there)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I really want to sign up for a gym. I told myself when I lose 50 pounds. But im getting anxious to join now. I just called around. And im going to go with CHUZE fitness here in SD. Its 19.99 a month. Unlimited classes, you can bring a guest, unlimited tanning and unlimited hydromassage. I think I shall be signing up within the next week. Im still really nervous as I have fat girl in the gym anxiety.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    We pay about $35 a month for a family membership at the Y in Sacramento -- but it is not a Y that has been updated, like so many have. The weight room is a bit dingy, though perfectly adequate.
    The tennis club we used to belong to was about $100 a month, but it has no weights or exercise equipment. Just tennis and swimming.
    Gold's Gym here costs about $40 a month for an individual, with no initiation fee.
    The fancy club in town, where Arnold Schwarzenegger used to go when he was governor, which has a lap pool, racquet-ball courts, pilates equipment, saunas and steam rooms and weights, costs about $100 a month for an individual, with an initiation fee (but that is almost always waived).
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I'm in Moscow, Russia. The gym I joined is normally 28,000 rubles ($874.77 with today's exchange rate) but got a special for 19,900 rubles ($621.71) for a year membership. It's open 24/7, has saunas, a pool, classes, all the equipment of a nice gym, and you get a towel when you go in. Oh, and it's really clean, offers massage, a nail salon, and tanning (all extra of course), plus it even has a snack bar, haha.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My local senior center is $25 per YEAR,. They offer several exercise classes and some fitness machines. Unfortunately, I work nights and they are only open during my sleeping hours. BUMMER!
    If you're 50 and over, you might look into the senior activity centers, just because it says "senior" doesn't mean a bunch of little old wrinkled ladies and men sitting around knitting!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    24 Hour Fitness is $12, Work gym is $12, Yoga, Pilates, Kettlebell Gym is $399 a year and my cross training facility with a variety of classes is $150 every six weeks. I like to mix it up. Mostly used 24 for spin classes but at my membership price even when I don't utilize it not worth ever cancelling. Same with my work gym where I like to lift weights. It has 24 hour access, shower, towels provided, etc., so not worth cancelling either.
  • guroprincess
    Options
    $35 a month. It's a women's gym, very small, hometown. Open 24/7 and often I don't have to deal with anyone else in there with me. It's also right down the road, when all the other gyms are 15-20 miles away-- although Planet Fitness is only $10 a month, going every day adds up in gas and ends up making it a lot more expensive than the one that's .5 miles down the road.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    $10

The gym with a pool and sauna is $50 and its just disgusting... wish there was a place with better sanitary standards I could go to... I cant believe people pay to go to that ****hole...
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Zero

Husband just started a new job Monday. He found out they have a health/fitness center with personal trainers. Free of charge to employees and their families...

Whoop! Whoop! :drinker:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    $25 with full use of batting cages which is worth it in its self.
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    NZ$71 (US$58) per month for a black card membership (for use of any of their gyms in country + discounts).
  • millieianiro
    millieianiro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    110.00 per month at lifetime fitness Pricey but worth it
  • melinda189
    Options
    $20/month Victory Lady Fitness. it's an all womens gym but they have everything the bigger names have. well mostly everything, there's no pool or spin bikes but all the important stuff is there. The classes are great & you get to meet w/a personal trainer every month for free.