How much $ is your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I loved PF for their simple cardio layout, but ended up leaving b/c of the heavy lifting/lunk alarm thing. (LAME.) I work at a University, and they've got a pretty decent rec center that I get for $5/month. Sorry, not really helpful to you...just bragging. Squat rack, four weight-lifting areas, AND a pool. ;)
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    $10/month for Fitness Connection in Allen Texas. I'm not sure how many locations they have but I know we have had a few pop up in the metroplex. It's still new, but I really like how clean it is. There are classes, a small women's fitness room and a cardio theater. It's fun to watch action movies in there, they help you keep your pace up.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    Works out to about $6.25 a month for a year membership but it's a full gym / fitness center / racquetball courts. Now if they only had a pool....
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "Including tax, my Lifetime Fitness gym membership is net $73/month ($93/month minus $20 per month reimbursed by my insurance for attending 12x/month). I have access to free "mini" gyms at both work and in my apartment complex, but wanted the amenities that come with Lifetime. Huge free weights and cardio areas, towels, shaving cream/razors, indoor pool, outdoor pool with water slides, huge numbers of group exercise classes, including hot yoga. Definitely pricey, but it is basically a country club."
    [/quote]

I'm soooo jealous of the amenities you have available at your gym! I'm a member of my local YMCA, which offers classes, a decent sized cardio room, spinning, sauna, hot tub, free weight room, machine weights, shower/locker rooms, but no pool of any kind other than a teensy weensy one that is only open in the summer and is always stuffed full of people so no swimming can actually occur in it. We pay $65/month for a family membership.
  • Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    $35 a month for B.O.N.A. fitness Katy
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I get to use the fitness center and the pool at the college where I teach for free. There are some classes I'd have to pay for (a 7-week yoga class was $30, I think). It gets really busy during peak hours, but if I get up and go early enough, especially on Saturday mornings, I sometimes have the place to myself.
  • ajmaupin
    Options
    $65 a month for a private fitness club for myself and my husband. We were at the Y but hated it as people let their kids run around all over the place and the equipment was old. Love my Gym, worth every penny. It costs more to do MMA but thats okay, not interested in that so its all good.

I am also a grad student so I have access to the college gym while I am enrolled for free but its kinda dingy, you have to bring your own lock (which I don't at my gym- locks are built in to the door) and its always busy!
  • entropicbeauty
    entropicbeauty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I paid $500 for my husband and myself for one year. It shakes out to a little more than $20 a month per person....my gym is beat up and old, but at least they offer free classes.
  • martineyes26
    martineyes26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    $65/month for my gym. It's pricey, but it makes me go so I get my money's worth. I've met some really nice people and the equipment I use is almost always available. Towels, pools, sauna, it has everything. (Not that I use all of it, even though I should). I even tried a SPIN class and liked it, schedules just didn't work for me. I do also see a personal trainer and that is additional $$. But, it's close and I like their hours.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Blink is $20 a month. That is $20 a month down the toilet since my lazy *kitten* hasn't been there in 2 months :(
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    $90 , but i get it free sense i let the gym use my companies vehicles for events and give them free gas :)

crossfit!!!!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    $75.00 / month
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    ~$75 a month for a family membership to the Y. No contract, child care, some free classes, greatly reduced price on other classes, and a swimming pool. Best deal around.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    $55 normally but $80 with child care for my two kids included. I LOVE my gym :)
  • martineyes26
    martineyes26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @nonstopper- Crossfit is working for you! ;-) Awesome you get it for free.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    Free - I workout at home or on the streets.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    One is 250/yr and the other is 500/yr.

Yes, I have two. Radically different environments. One is nothing but free weights - no locker rooms or anything - just weights. The other is a full service 24/7 club including classes, saunas, steam rooms, etc.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Free - my office building has a gym. It's minimal; one Universal machine, two treadmills, one elliptical, one bike and a rack of dumbbells w/ a single free standing bench...

but FREE!
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    St. Louis. $9.99/month. No signup fee, no contract. If you want a personal trainer $19.99/month. Only downside was construction for new bathrooms/lockers/saunas took over three months and was a pain. Peak times (4pm thru 7pm) can get crowded.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    $42