The most bad a** thing you've ever done

Options

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    One time I made a spinach dip in a loaf of sourdough bread.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    pulled my son out dead underwater in a swimming pool & gave him CPR for what felt like eternity until he gave a little cough & opened his eyes,
    all very by the book & under control, but when he was ok I cried for about an hour

That gave me the chills. I just couldn't even begin to imagine. I know someone who did this and her son died in the hospital. She was never the same again.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I love this topic and all the Bada** answers.
    Once our Military Arms room creaked open as I walked by. I went in with a bat assuming I would be killed by thieves... It was a false alarm. Seriously 20 years in the Army and 5 deployments, I am happy that this was one of the scariest moments.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Delivering my first child with my own hands :glasses:

I did this with my last child :smile:

You two have my vote as the winners! Wow.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    As a kid, I joined the US Air Force. Later, I indulged my midlife crisis by:
    1. Taking up bagpiping, drinking whiskey, and carrying a knife in my sock.
    2. Bought a sportscar - used.
    3. Bought and learned to ride a motorcycle.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Skiing A-Basin in Colorado. One of those mountains where you have to hike up to get to the slope, and then jump down a 25ft cliff to start your run.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Wore moccasins to work on a snow day
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between skydiving (with an instructor named Sparky) and doing an aerial adventure/ropes course (50+ feet in the air) in a foreign country with no instructions in English.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Joined the Navy!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I carried a baby for a woman who had cancer. Since I didn't want attention for it, I never told anyone besides a couple of friends. I gave birth to the baby three weeks ago, wore my skinny jeans home from the hospital, and went back to work two weeks later. My co-workers still don't know why I was on leave for those two weeks. Lol
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Delivering my first child with my own hands :glasses:

She wins^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • BrotherBill913
    Options
    I carried a baby for a woman who had cancer. Since I didn't want attention for it, I never told anyone besides a couple of friends. I gave birth to the baby three weeks ago, wore my skinny jeans home from the hospital, and went back to work two weeks later. My co-workers still don't know why I was on leave for those two weeks. Lol

She gets Super Warrior Heart Award^^^^^^^^
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    In the middle of 12 hours of hard labor and my mom........ who did not show up for the baby shower of her first grandchild nor the birth......... has the nerve to call me and wants to see how I am doing! I take the phone as a contraction hits and tell her " I am trying to give birth to your first grandchild! You would know how I was doing if you were here!" I threw the phone and almost hit the nurse! Pissed me off enough though to push thru and push out a 9 lb 10 oz boy who's head was 10 cm! I am 5'2"! 3 days later my mom shows up all upset. I had never talked back to her or yelled at her. Ever since then I have always been able to stand up to her! She is a bully of sorts! I treat her how I want to be treated until she gets caddy, then I let her have it!

So my bad *kitten* thing was standing up to my overbearing mom! lol
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Took flying lessons and did touch-n-goes in a Piper Tomahawk mixed into jet traffic at Trenton Mercer Airport. Attended a Hare Krishna Kirtan invited by some friends. Took up Bikram yoga at the age of 54 with no prior ability or skill in yoga.
  • BrotherBill913
    Options
    I've done bull riding, have competed in alligator wrestling and yes I rappelled 300 ft face first down the side of a volcano once, Blah Blah Blah all stupid and weak stuff compared to having eatin raw broccoli!!!!!!!!!! lol.....
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3d34aLuKg1qc3duko1_500.jpg

Just kidding. Like I could hook that up.
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    tumblr_m3d34aLuKg1qc3duko1_500.jpg

Just kidding. Like I could hook that up.

Thats an awesome movie!!!!!
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    I asked my wife if that was a gray hair once....LOL

I was a Marine in Desert Shield/ Desert Storm- nothing like the last 11 years but experienced alot at the time

The year before I spent 6 months on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier floating around the Med.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I asked to separate from my ex-husband at 6 months pregnant and my family on the other side of the country. It was a tough time but the marriage was toxic and unhealthy and I did it.

Oh and lost 135 lbs with just hard work!! :)
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    So far??? Muckruckus race...Next time this year...it will be 2 half marathons and a tough mudder!