I need help.

Options

Replies

• Baba_Roxy
    Baba_Roxy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend cares very much about my health, but he would never say a word about my weight. Not in a million years.

Then he could be doing you a disservice. Why would he not want to tell you how to be more attractive for him?

I agree. In my relationship he strongly suggests my outfits, hair color, hair length (what guy doesn't make you have it long though, right ladies?) and I love that he's so outspoken so I can do my part in ensuring that he's not pushed into cheating.

So...you need to make yourself look how HE wants in order to be assured he won't cheat? So if you want to dye your hair a different color, and your man tells you no, it's end of discussion? And if you are completely healthy and of good weight, but happen to have curves, and he doesn't like them, what then? Get surgery to appease him? I mean after all, if you don't obey, he might just cheat!

HOW ABSOLUTELY UNHEALTHY. JESUS CHRIST.

The person you're with should be attracted to you in the first place, not slightly and then try to change you! There's a difference between them wanting you to be healthy and them wanting to change you! If you can't form your own opinions and answer to his demands even if you disagree, then you honestly have a problem. If you're happy living your life this way, fantastic. Go for it. But personally, it sounds to me like you're encouraging women to lose their self respect and follow someone else's guidelines for their appearance and thoughts.

I mean, what ever happened to couples talking things through and coming to an agreement, and not just accepting what they're told and being walked all over? And it's pretty scary that you'll change yourself just so he won't cheat. That's not commitment. You're like a pet.

This is really far from supportive and sounds pretty darn judgemental (of the OP, of that other chick, of people who enjoy some PetPlay.) Is that what MFP is about? I am disgusted, to be frank.

I do apologize if I was offensive, but I was really taken back by these remarks. I know when I was loosing weight for the sake of someone's attraction to me, I was unhappy. I wasn't doing it for me and I was not making smart choices. I was only interested in losing he weight so I could appease said significant other. But once I realized how wrong it was when they put me down or asked me to change, and how horrible I felt about myself, the weight went right up. But losing weight is a struggle, and to consistently worry that someone will leave you because you're because not thin not enough or not losing fast enough is awful. And once I let go of that person and started losing for me, it was incredibly easy and I was much happier.

As for my pet comment, i think everyone took it in a way that i was not heading. To each their own. Have your fun!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend cares very much about my health, but he would never say a word about my weight. Not in a million years.

Then he could be doing you a disservice. Why would he not want to tell you how to be more attractive for him?

I agree. In my relationship he strongly suggests my outfits, hair color, hair length (what guy doesn't make you have it long though, right ladies?) and I love that he's so outspoken so I can do my part in ensuring that he's not pushed into cheating.

So...you need to make yourself look how HE wants in order to be assured he won't cheat? So if you want to dye your hair a different color, and your man tells you no, it's end of discussion? And if you are completely healthy and of good weight, but happen to have curves, and he doesn't like them, what then? Get surgery to appease him? I mean after all, if you don't obey, he might just cheat!

The person you're with should be attracted to you in the first place, not slightly and then try to change you! There's a difference between them wanting you to be healthy and them wanting to change you! If you can't form your own opinions and answer to his demands even if you disagree, then you honestly have a problem. If you're happy living your life this way, fantastic. Go for it. But personally, it sounds to me like you're encouraging women to lose their self respect and follow someone else's guidelines for their appearance and thoughts.

I mean, what ever happened to couples talking things through and coming to an agreement, and not just accepting what they're told and being walked all over? And it's pretty scary that you'll change yourself just so he won't cheat. That's not commitment. You're like a pet.

Relationship shaming is NOT what MFP is about. You should support the OP. She is doing right by her boyfriend, giving him what he wants. Isn't that was relationships are all about?

Darn right. Some people are thrilled to give their partner what they want and working to please them.

Hmph. Judgey Mcjudgement folks all up in here.
  • Baba_Roxy
    Baba_Roxy Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Relationship shaming is NOT what MFP is about. You should support the OP. She is doing right by her boyfriend, giving him what he wants. Isn't that was relationships are all about?

We have different ideas about what a relationship means. I'm sure if she told her boyfriend his penis was too small and to grow it, he wouldn't be too excited, not only by her words, but also by what she's asking. If my gf told me to get breast implants or quit my job or do something I wasn't comfortable with, I wouldn't do it just to appease her. And the same goes for her; I wouldn't ask her to do something she didn't want to do, nor would I get mad. It's compromise and it's about discussion and finding middle ground, and most importantly, respecting yourself and the person you're with.

I know we are both talking to brick walls basically, as we have very different ideals. I'll get off this thread, and hope the cup cake crisis was averted and handled.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Wow.

And I thought MFP was supposed to be about motivation and support.

Apparently, some people's parents didn't teach them that if they didn't have anything nice to say, they shouldn't say anything at all.

I mean, seriously...aren't we all here for the same reason?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

We have different ideas about what a relationship means. I'm sure if she told her boyfriend his penis was too small and to grow it, he wouldn't be too excited, not only by her words, but also by what she's asking. If my gf told me to get breast implants or quit my job or do something I wasn't comfortable with, I wouldn't do it just to appease her. And the same goes for her; I wouldn't ask her to do something she didn't want to do, nor would I get mad. It's compromise and it's about discussion and finding middle ground, and most importantly, respecting yourself and the person you're with.

I know we are both talking to brick walls basically, as we have very different ideals. I'll get off this thread, and hope the cup cake crisis was averted and handled.

The size of a penis cannot be changed the way that weight, hair, and clothing can be changed. That is a ridiculous comparison. A fair one would be his weight, hair, and clothing.

You don't understand and this is why you aren't married.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Put them in the blender - add milk, serve......

Cupcakes in a Cup !

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Chase_Lehrman
    Options

The size of a penis cannot be changed the way that weight, hair, and clothing can be changed. That is a ridiculous comparison. A fair one would be his weight, hair, and clothing.

Well buddy you don't have to worry because I'll be marrying her soon and would never make her change something about herself. She doesn't need to because i love her for who she is that's what love actually is.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Well buddy you don't have to worry because I'll be marrying her soon and would never make her change something about herself. She doesn't need to because i love her for who she is that's what love actually is.

Love, actually is an awful movie.
  • whierd
    Options

You are just naive. Most 19 year olds are. You say she is perfect, but over the coming years you'll want to change things about her.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    wow.
    i just wanted some help about the cupcakes..
  • whierd
    Options
    wow.
    i just wanted some help about the cupcakes..

I already told you, use them to make a girl you're jealous of fat.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Put them in a box, and take them to work. You will gain karma and over all satisfaction. If not there, maybe the bank tellers? The three fourths you can put under a glass bowl and remind yourself as it slowly decomposes that is what sugar and fat does inside you :-p

This is what sugar does inside of me, and I love it.

tumblr_mggum1Qibc1s2jdr3o1_500.gif
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

We're all different.

But why are we here?

For the same reason.
  • Chase_Lehrman
    Options

You are just naive. Most 19 year olds are. You say she is perfect, but over the coming years you'll want to change things about her.

Just because everyone in your life seems to want to change you doesn't mean that's the case for everyone else
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    This thread started out a bit meh... but then it deteriorated into great entertainment.

I love you whierd... enough to want you to change absolutely everything about yourself!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    You should use them to sabotage the girls that are prettier or skinnier than you. Give them all the cupcakes and laugh internally as they get fat.
    I think we have a winner!
  • whierd
    Options

Just because everyone in your life seems to want to change you doesn't mean that's the case for everyone else

I have no one to want to change me, despite my willingness. It is life's cruel joke. :ohwell:
  • whierd
    Options
    This thread started out a bit meh... but then it deteriorated into great entertainment.

I love you whierd... enough to want you to change absolutely everything about yourself!

What would you want me to change first?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Nothing. OK. Maaaaaybe your hat.
  • whierd
    Options

Nothing. OK. Maaaaaybe your hat.

But I really like this hat...

How important is it to you?