Anyone else miss drinking??!!!

:drinker:

Anyone else wish that alcohol was as calorie free as water?! LOL I am 4 weeks in, have lost about 14lbs (Didn't start this until after I started losing weight, then realized I needed a way to keep honest track daily). I am on a 1200 calorie diet and doing "the hollywood workout" 5 days a week. It sucks mainly because I am so out of shape... I need to lose another 51 to 56 lbs to be at my ideal weight, and I can handle the restricted diet / healthier food but Happy Hour with my friends is now super depressing!! Plus I find that for every 3 lbs I lose 2 come back on a Monday and I struggle to get back down. It is paaaaaainfully slow.

Any tips and tricks? Anyone having similar struggles? Any low calorie recipes would be much appreciated too ;) !

Replies

• I miss it! I haven't had a shot since 5AM!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    HELL NO! I DRINK ANY TIME I WANT
    just work it off.
  • kpeace
    kpeace Posts: 7
    If you eat clean and exercise, drinking should not be a problem with weight loss. Drink the liquor of your choice on the rocks or with water and you're good to go. I stay shredded and still drink no problem! You just cant have fruity, frozen, sugary extra stuff in there with your liquor. :wink:
  • JJHernandez78
    JJHernandez78 Posts: 5 Member
    I do but then I think of all the damage it did over the years for me. Most recently pancreatitis. I was a soldier so I did some pretty heavy drinking in the past (not saying all are like that lol ). Though this may not go over well I live in Colorado so I have my MMJ card, so when I need to relax and such I can do it in a much much more healthy way! Not to mention recent studies have linked THC users are much slimmer even though we get the munchies.

Of course its not for everyone and its not legal everywhere but it has been great!

Good luck with everything!
  • jmamaluvsya
    jmamaluvsya Posts: 1 Member
    I completely agree, but I managed to fix that by planning in advance for happy hour. I work out early in the day and make a point to burn as many calories as possible, then I consume as little calories as possible during breakfast, lunch and snack. So by the end of the night or after work I have at least 800-1000 calories remaining and I'm able to enjoy the night with friends. But it does take a lot of preparing.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    I dont miss drinking, at all. I got so sick in July, that I may never drink again.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    I celebrated my weight loss goal with keg stands and beer bongs, yeah, thought i was 16 again... I CAME TO AN IMPORTANT CONCLUSION... IM NOT! i puked the whole way home in the passenger seat, all over my car... my husband was so mad at me... then i got home, puked all over my bed, my bath tub, my carpet... It was horrible... NEVER AGAIN!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    LETS DRINK NOW!
    ****ty, frickin rainy day.
    bring out the whiskey!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I celebrated my weight loss goal with keg stands and beer bongs, yeah, thought i was 16 again... I CAME TO AN IMPORTANT CONCLUSION... IM NOT! i puked the whole way home in the passenger seat, all over my car... my husband was so mad at me... then i got home, puked all over my bed, my bath tub, my carpet... It was horrible... NEVER AGAIN!

Ugh, that sounds awful. It always takes me at least three months to get back on the wagon if I drink too much. Which is actually fine, since I only drink a few times a year.
  • JJHernandez78
    JJHernandez78 Posts: 5 Member
    Wow! Yeah then there is dealing with that!
  • MissFit2532
    MissFit2532 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Lydia,

I know how you feel. At first I made "healthier" (<--I use that term loosely) swaps, (seltzer water instead of cranberry juice w/ vodka, red wine instead of white wine), then I realized that I drink a lot. LOL Now, I save my drinks for special occasions and I now enjoy seltzer water with a lime and a splash of Minute Maid Light lemonade. It's bubbly, not as sweet and yes, I'm not getting buzzed, but I'm not adding calories either. I also think when you do go out if you can limit it to 2-3 and have a water in between, you're good. Good luck!
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    I miss nothing. I drink ALL the wine (and craft beer.) I just fit it in, or if I go over I try to exercise a little more the next day.
  • Dr_Gains
    Dr_Gains Posts: 81 Member
    IN FOR THE JAGER :D
  • HELL NO! I DRINK ANY TIME I WANT
    just work it off.

THIS
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    HELL NO! I DRINK ANY TIME I WANT
    just work it off.

This. I just budget for it. One other positive of losing weight is that it takes less alcohol to get a buzz. Double win!
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    I lost a lot of weight while drinking. Just factor it into your calories. And don't drink sugary cocktails. wine, beer, and sugar free cocktails are fine.
  • I celebrated my weight loss goal with keg stands and beer bongs, yeah, thought i was 16 again... I CAME TO AN IMPORTANT CONCLUSION... IM NOT! i puked the whole way home in the passenger seat, all over my car... my husband was so mad at me... then i got home, puked all over my bed, my bath tub, my carpet... It was horrible... NEVER AGAIN!

This is how you avoid working those calories off the next day LMAO...
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Easily down 12+ Bud Lights a week (usually split between 3 days). I am currently at a 1700 net cal goal and have no problem making it fit. If I had trouble making it fit I would just do a couple extra cardio sessions, no problem.

If I really had trouble making it fit and had trouble getting the extra cardio in, then I might switch back to Miller 64 (64 cals instead of 110 as in Bud Light).
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member

This what happens when you give up drinking - when you come back to it, you go at it like an amateur.

The answer, of course is not to give up drinking in the first place.

Oh, and abstinence makes the baby Jesus cry.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    You are doing awesome! At 4 weeks you are now into the new habit zone!

Alcohol, aside from it's addictive properties, is a situational problem. If Happy Hour is the issue? Go to the gym from 5-7! Lots of non-drinking people there. I guarantee!

I stopped drinking a little over 15 years ago. Mostly because of my children. Grew up with a father who was off and on the wagon in my childhood. Refused to put my children though the same!

Keep up the good work!