Anyone else miss drinking??!!!

Options

Replies

• aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Nope. I still drink. I discovered that Jack's Hard Cider is 5.5% and has 100 calories per can. That's some value... ;-)
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Quit complaining and DRINK

http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I pretty much partied myself out on alcohol after 28 years old. I may have a beer once a year now and it's usually gonna be with pizza!
    Just for anyone's curiosity, alcohol inhibits fat utilization until it's burned out of the system. So drinking high proof alcohol daily in high amounts may deter some weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Plan for your happy hours. Exercise more a couple days prior and exercise in the morning the day of. Don't drink sugary or fruity drinks.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I do ;__;

When I drink I can't have just one. And then I get blasted and eat three pieces of bbq sauce pizza and a plate of nachos and an ice cream sundae. Then wake up hungover and eat an enormous cheesy omelette with a half loaf of bread. haha

I haven't completely eliminated it from my diet, but I very rarely indulge. Seems to be working so far, and I plan to drink a bit more after I switch to maintenance. Long way to go still... >__<

There's a wild party girl spirit inside of me! I can't do the bar scene anymore, but dance clubs/parties are super fun. Plus you get the cardio from shakin yo thang all night~
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I still drink when i want something to drink. I just make wise decisions and leave the fruity sugary drinks alone... I'm a "shot" kinda girl anyway:wink:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Why would I miss it? Did it disappear?

I do not deny myself anything ever. I just make room for it.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    It's all about being smart with your drink choices. Everything in moderation. I do Jack and Diets (about 70-80 calories a drink), with a water in between each alcoholic drink. This helps cut calories, and I am hung over less in the morning.
  • LyssaHutton
    Options
    Try having a Gin or vodka and Slimline Tonic or Diet Lemonade. Hardly any calories at all and means you dont miss out :-) Not as fun as a cocktail but you can still have a drink without feeling guilty!
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options
    I guess I wouldn't mind cutting back a little - not like I'm the town drunk, but I do love a couple or more glasses of wine at the end of the day...but I'm very close to my goal weight and I achieved that while consuming alcohol...
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I celebrated my weight loss goal with keg stands and beer bongs, yeah, thought i was 16 again... I CAME TO AN IMPORTANT CONCLUSION... IM NOT! i puked the whole way home in the passenger seat, all over my car... my husband was so mad at me... then i got home, puked all over my bed, my bath tub, my carpet... It was horrible... NEVER AGAIN!

Ohhhhhh wow, that is a bad day..... lol...
  • fatmichie123
    Options
    I miss it! It is hard because my husband drinks everynight. I have been drinking lots of tea instead. Let me know if you find any low cal beverages. My favorite is run and coke but it is really high in calories. Hang in there. :)
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Nope. Don't miss it at all. Probably because I still do! lol.
    I just work it into my calories.
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I write this.... but I 'm much older..... so here goes. The benefits you will receive from your weight loss plan will far outweigh the temporary pleasure of downing a few guzzles of a brew . You will be healthier. Your hair, teeth, skin will improve in ways you did not imagine. You will feel so much better, energy wise.... that you will be loving yourself for setting the goal . I know that people are going to tell you to drink and work it off.... but it is much better in the long run... to delete any drinking or eating habit that will sabotage your plan. I'm telling you. I'm in my 60s.... and I am still friends with my grade school and high school friends... who ate, drank, didn't exercise... or all three... and they are either dying or dead.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I don't miss it at all...I had some last night.

I fall into the "everything in moderation" category.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    http://www.getdrunknotfat.com/

Everyone needs to know about this website :)
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't miss the aftermath. To quote a classic 'The hangovers hurt more than they use to".
    But I do miss hanging out with my (binge) drinking buddies.
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I miss craft beer. I used to homebrew and haven't since the beginning of the summer (diet started in August). I haven't drunk or served any beer in ages. At 200-300 calories a glass, that's a small meal... and it's all sugar.

I do still drink, though seldom. Decent whiskeys or Scotches on the rocks for me, please!
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh... and the benefit of losing 40 lb? One drink gets me tipsy... two gets me drunk... three and I'm asleep.
  • Cherrie099
    Cherrie099 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When I drink it's Absolut manderin on the rocks. I just work it in to my calories. No sugary drinks.