Anyone else miss drinking??!!!

Options

Replies

• ChelleBalady
    Options
    Nope, I have an occasional glass of wine, and vodka club soda. I just incorporate it in my daily caloric goals. Cheers!:drinker:
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This is how you avoid working those calories off the next day LMAO...

Hahah I actually laughed out loud at your reply.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I celebrated my weight loss goal with keg stands and beer bongs, yeah, thought i was 16 again... I CAME TO AN IMPORTANT CONCLUSION... IM NOT! i puked the whole way home in the passenger seat, all over my car... my husband was so mad at me... then i got home, puked all over my bed, my bath tub, my carpet... It was horrible... NEVER AGAIN!

this is true, because, i must have given myself a good ab workout during the puking, because i was so sore the next day, felt like i had done about 500 crunches!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I celebrated my weight loss goal with keg stands and beer bongs, yeah, thought i was 16 again... I CAME TO AN IMPORTANT CONCLUSION... IM NOT! i puked the whole way home in the passenger seat, all over my car... my husband was so mad at me... then i got home, puked all over my bed, my bath tub, my carpet... It was horrible... NEVER AGAIN!

This what happens when you give up drinking - when you come back to it, you go at it like an amateur.

The answer, of course is not to give up drinking in the first place.

Oh, and abstinence makes the baby Jesus cry.

lol, except for that i never gave it up... UNTIL NOW! i cant even look at it now... its like looking at dog *kitten* in a bottle...
  • lydiaannepage
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies! I do still have a drink or two on a Friday night - and yup the buzz is much quicker! I just really don't enjoy "light" beers - I'm a guinness girl through and through which is not super helpful right now!
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    ....abstinence makes the baby Jesus cry.

You have just written the next big bumper sticker... would make a great caption on the right pic/gif too... oh and I can see many uptight heads exploding after reading it.

Genius! Pure Genius! Kudos to you sir!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I abstained from drinking during the time when I was dropping most of my weight. Luckily for me I lost 40 pounds in 5 months. Since it was going so well it made not drinking worth it. Then, when my metabolism was good and I had become accustomed to the changes I made in my diet I was able to add drinking in, but no more 24 ounce cans of twisted teas for me. I try to dink liquor and diet soda (the only time I drink soda at all), wine, or light beers. I am able to have about one day a week where I can drink (a lot). I go wayyyyy over on calories but if I am good the rest of the week and keep up with exercising it seems to be OK.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies! I do still have a drink or two on a Friday night - and yup the buzz is much quicker! I just really don't enjoy "light" beers - I'm a guinness girl through and through which is not super helpful right now!

Ahh then you just need to chug 2 irish car bombs and you'll be good to go.

Anyone know the cals and macros in an irish car bomb?
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

"light" beer is like "lo-cal" butter - utterly pointless.

I believe spirits are a lo-cal option. I drink bitter, I just make sure I "sport" it off, why do you think my calorie goal is only 2000?:drinker:
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! I DRINK ANY TIME I WANT
    just work it off.

me too, I just don't sit and drink. I dance and drink. Than I drink less and I burn it off. Lo-cal drink? I like Patron with club soda and a splash of sweet & sour - a skinny margarita basically. Plus it's tequila so I sip and not chug. I also drink a TON of water if I am drinking. Absolutely NO BEER (and I love beer). Red wine is OK too.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    OMG I miss it I cant wait till I deliver...it's on!
  • lydiaannepage
    Options
    I abstained from drinking during the time when I was dropping most of my weight. Luckily for me I lost 40 pounds in 5 months. Since it was going so well it made not drinking worth it. Then, when my metabolism was good and I had become accustomed to the changes I made in my diet I was able to add drinking in, but no more 24 ounce cans of twisted teas for me. I try to dink liquor and diet soda (the only time I drink soda at all), wine, or light beers. I am able to have about one day a week where I can drink (a lot). I go wayyyyy over on calories but if I am good the rest of the week and keep up with exercising it seems to be OK.

That sounds like great advice - Thanks!!! :) Way to go on your success too - Impressive!!!
  • lydiaannepage
    Options
    me too, I just don't sit and drink. I dance and drink. Than I drink less and I burn it off. Lo-cal drink? I like Patron with club soda and a splash of sweet & sour - a skinny margarita basically. Plus it's tequila so I sip and not chug. I also drink a TON of water if I am drinking. Absolutely NO BEER (and I love beer). Red wine is OK too.

Thanks! I will be trying that this weekend!
  • lydiaannepage
    Options
    It sounds like we need a MFP keg party when we reach our goals! JK(kinda)!!
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was either pregnant or nursing for 10 years straight. Now that I can drink again if I had to give it up to get skinny I'd just stay fat. :laugh:
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking the whole time I lost weight. Drinking beer too! I just work my butt off at the gym, and generally keep my calories in check. But if I was trying to do 1200 a day, that would make it really hard to fit in any alcohol!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

Guinness is one of the lower cal beers out there. About 120 cals/12 oz IIRC.

I did cut down when I started to lose weight, but then I think that a large part of the reason I put on weight was I was drinking too much! Now, I just fit it in. Couple of craft beer or homebrews a night, no problems.
  • highfalutin
    highfalutin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I still drink. But try to avoid doing so at bars. The way I make it so I can "keep up" with whoever I am with is I just cut every drink with tons of soda water. Margaritas all around just fizzy and a little more watered. But....I still constantly have a drink in my hand and am having fun with my friends without feeling like a lump lol. I now have 2 or 3 drinks for the calories of 1 and I am not wasted at the end of the night and still feel good getting up in the morning to do whatever workout I have planned.
  • mjn18
    mjn18 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Guiness is actually one of the lower calorie beers. Have at it.
  • Brallen1969
    Options

this is true, because, i must have given myself a good ab workout during the puking, because i was so sore the next day, felt like i had done about 500 crunches!

OMG I have felt those sore abs from power puking...hilarious!!!!