WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2013

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,267 Member
    Options
    Viv - :flowerforyou: :happy: Welcome back! I was wondering where you had got to.:bigsmile:
    I am sure you will get back on track soon. We are here to help!

Did a PB on the elliptical this morning. I'm on level 15 now so can't compare it to my old record, but it feels good. All I know is that it was hard work!

My weight was up by a couple of lbs this morning because of my cheesy, salty meal last night. Delicious though!:bigsmile: I'm sure it will be gone by tomorrow. I was very thirsty last night so I knew I would be up today.

Got to do my plank in a minute. I guess I'm putting it off writing this!:noway:

Rori - I was reminded how much I liked homemade yoghourt when I had a couple of holidays in India. I used to make it in the early 70s when I was newly married and doing all sorts of things like making wine and sprouting beans! ! ! !
    I make it with full fat milk and use it for such a lot of things. Tonight we are having tandoori fish, marinated in yoghourt and spices, with a yoghourt and mint sauce. We have it on our nightly stewed fruit. I use the whey that comes off in my scones and cakes.
    I boil up the milk until the milk coats a wooden spoon (a few minutes), then I cool it to blood heat, pour it into a pyrex bowl, add some old yoghourt (or a tablespoon of bought plain yoghourt) and put it somewhere warm overnight. Usually I turn my small oven on very low for a while, then turn it off and then put the bowl in there. When it is set I cover it with cling film and store it in the fridge. I usually make 2 pints at a go. It is a bit of a bother, but we love it so much.

For lunch today we are having Avgolemono soup, with some of the gorgeous stock I made yesterday. I have litres of delicious chicken stock, most of which will go in the freezer. Again, I used to make this soup in the early 70s! ! ! ! My younger son also loved it and when I make it now for him it takes him right back to his childhood!:love: It is chicken stock with rice cooked in it and thickened with egg yolks and lemon juice. Heaven! It is a Greek soup. I made it recently for a friend and she exclaimed ghat it took her right back to her Mediterranean holidays when she was a bright young thing!:laugh: :laugh: I love the way food can do that for you. I recently had a taste of golden syrup when I was making the Christmas puddings and it took me back to my childhood and drizzling it on to my semolina in circles.

I'm off to London tomorrow to see the DGC. Wonderful!

Love Heather, Hampshire UK

Just coming back in to say I have just done a 3 minute plank! So good to know I am fully recovered now!:bigsmile: :happy:
  • tazgirl1960
    tazgirl1960 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning Ladies! Hope everyone has had a Good Week, mine just very busy. I have been up and down this week by 2lbs according to my scale. :huh: but maybe water gain and loss as I've eaten more salt this week than I usually do.
    :love: Today is my Anniversary, my Hubby bought me the most Beautiful flowers and card, then we are going to Outback tonight, (bye bye calories today,:ohwell: it's only once a year, and he loves his steak and potatoes. I love steak too, but will stick to veggies instead of potatoes.

:smile: Tammy--My son is in the Army and was just stationed in Oklahoma, he said it is so beautiful there. We are hoping to be able to fly out and see them this next year.

:smile: Anamika--I would cook that way for myself, but my Hubby will not eat it, so I would still have to make dinner for him.

:smile: Joyce--Happy 1yr Anniversary. It's nice you can find the positive in having MS, I greatly admire that.

:smile: Pat (Phoo) What Katla said about going to your Pastor is right on. I will pray for you and your friend.

:smile: Vickie--Happy 29th Anniversary!!

:smile: RebelRenny-- Congratulations on a new grand baby!

:smile: Barbie--Thank you for the encouraging words. Hoping your back begins healing soon.

:smile: Katla--Awesome on the new size!!!

:smile: Sandy--I hope your migraine is getting better, I have suffered with them since I was 17 so I understand the pain, Prayers that you get relief soon.

:smile: Sylvia--Glad everything went well.

:smile: Rori--The pizza chicken is wonderful, and really easy to make.

:smile: Michele--Glad you were finally able to close the pool. WD40 is almost like duct tape it can fix anything. :laugh:

:smile: Viv--Welcom Back

:smile: Meg--Hopefully you will be able to slow down soon.

Hope everyone has a Blessed & Wonderful Day!!!:flowerforyou:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,736 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,
    well im in a rut ,I had over 14,000 steps ,calories where good. and not budged a darn ounce..im getting frustrated:mad: I dirnk tea and lemon water in the morning, I try and drink at least 48 ounces of water during the day, then have a little bit at night, so im not up all night running to the bathroom
    My DH had a meltdown on me last night.I didnt get to the gym yesterday, did race walk and jog,today either, dropping dog off at groomers and going out with my friend Doris,come pick the dog up and make dinner.
    I drive a Chevy Traverse which is a larger mini van type thing, sits 8, we got rid of a silverado truck and a chevy malibu and bought this,its nice to haul stuff to the dump and for long car drives.. but it does eat gas...
    told him I was going out today, which I do maybe once a month, and he started ranting about gas and how we run through it and threw his sweatpants and broke a candle holder,he gets so angry he starts spitting. told him,that if he doesnt want that car anymore get me a freaking bicycle, luckly I had my room to sleep in,
    He came in and apologized this morning,he said he is stressed about work and other things..I guess I am his vent,but I sure hate when he starts screaming, the dogs scatter...
    Im sitting here icing my heel,doing all that walking ,running yesterday really bothered it,but once I ice it, feels much better
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies:smile:
    :bigsmile: Sylvia that was so wonderful, everything went well and next time u have hubby with you
    :flowerforyou: Grandmallie love being here and love all the tremendous ladies, a few sweets one day will be defeated by u the next day
    Joyce:love: everyone of your thank u notes reverberates in my heart...... so many blessings to count,but your MS one is going to be shared specially with people wallowing in self pity...... may I
    Barbie :heart: .....even when u r not upto your best you inspire and cheer us on. Thank you
    Heather:smile: u r such a bag of surprises..... a 3 min plank! Seriously! You r super strong!:flowerforyou:
    JB from PA:flowerforyou: will keep u and your sis in my prayers, great job walking
    Pat:heart: Prayers and hugs for you and your lil friend
    bergamese :smile: keep walking
    :flowerforyou: Vicki congratulations! what an amazing example u r setting for your loved ones and us..... best wishes to your grand daughter
    Happy anniversary, belated though
    :flowerforyou: Sandy congrats on your weight loss, take care of that migraine
    Rebel Renny Congrats!
    :flowerforyou: Michelle you r amazing...... send Bryan lots of love , am doing the same
    Megblair:drinker: so nice to see you, its so annoying to see the labour of typing an entire page do the disappearing act....Yet u touched base, I would have given up and been annoyed
    Suzy:smile: hope your pedometer turns up. Enjoy your cruise, waiting to hear about it.
    Deb A in cy:smile: are u a math teacher? what grades do u teach? have fun at your conference
    Tazgirl:flowerforyou: Happy anniversary!:drinker:

I am trying to shake my body up so yoga in the morning, followed by a 5k run mid morning,( since we r having a break from school) an hour of yoga in the evening
    Drinking lemon water and barley water. Yesterday hit my target of 4 litres, lets see today. Going for an Indian dance recital this evening. Controlling my intake of grains..... though not so good about sweet intake.
    All those I missed, sending u my best wishes
    Anamika from Mumbai
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Just for today, I will try to live through this day only, and not try to tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for 12 hours that would appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

This comes from a reading I do every morning.......some of you may have seen it before.

:heart: Barbie

2506167m2q75z4kbu.gif
    [/quote]
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Oh- I am a sad puppy today! I had to get up and turn the heat on!:sad: I know that it will warm up today, but, dang it was chilly here in Az this morning! I get such joy out of telling my friends up north that I am warm when they are having snow! I guess my evil karma just bit me this morning! :laugh:

I just heard a dog fight outside of my house. I think the little yapper from across the street got out and tried to make friends w/ someone much bigger than herself. I think I will go over there and make sure she and her owner are all right.

Katla- Congratulations on the size 8 pants!!! :flowerforyou: That is just plain Wonderful! And, thanks for the support about talking to the Pastor. I am a little nervous about this discussion, but it has to happen.
    If you went to the gym and exercised, why would that count on this site?

Joyce- Thank you for sharing your beautiful gratitude post. It really touched my heart and reminded me to look at what I have, not what I think I need. Thank you, I needed that perspective change this morning. You are an amazingly strong and kind woman, how lucky I am to have you as my friend. Thank you, and be well.

Meg- Sorry that yesterday was so frustrating for you. If you already have too much on your work-plate, it makes sense to not take on anymore. Your boss should be able to understand that. Do what is best for you!

Sandy- You 'tried' to go to the Y..... you succeeded!..... you went and you did 40 mins of strength training W/ a migraine! That is most certainly a success. And, I sure hope your boss appreciates the fact that you were there working through the pain for him. Today I went to the Farmer's Market, and I bought some peppermint and spearmint essential oils. I am using them on my ankle, and, though they don't take the pain away completely, they do help sooth the pain from the arthritis. I am wondering if rubbing that on your temples and forehead would provide a little soothing for you, too. It won't make it go away, but it might help make it easier to function. Just a thought, sent with prayers for your wellness and comfort.

Deb- Even thinking about going to a Math Conference scares me! I am so horrid with numbers! Have fun.

Tina- The chicken pizza sounds like a way to take care of my gluten-free pizza crust issues! Thank you!

Rori- Love,love,love the Thanksgiving Kitty! :flowerforyou:

Michele- I, too, accepted a Sam's Club Discover Card, and, sadly, used it. The interest rates are horrible! I did pay it off and cancel it, and they did let me go back to a regular membership. It was a learning- experience for me, and we all know how enjoyable those are! :grumble:

Grandmallie- Oh, you did not have a good night. I am so sorry. And, I am a little frightened about your husbands meltdown. Are you safe when that happens? Take very good care of yourself.

Barbie- Just for today- yup, I've got your back on this one! I have a friend who signs all of her posts w/ "This day didn't make me, and it sure as hell won't break me, either"... Take care!

Today, I am taking my little friend up for a dr app't, and I am going to be sure to go in with her to talk to the dr. Since she is getting confused about things, I want to be able to accurately report to her son what the dr says. That might be pushy on my part, but he needs to know what was said, and the dr needs to also get the accurate info. I know you will all be sending positive vibes, and those will certainly help. Thanks.

Ok- Off to take care of Thursday! Be well, be safe and have lots of fun today!

Pat
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    This morning is off to a rocky start. When I got home from Kansas City I discovered a huge mess of shredded paper, cardboard, toy stuffing, etc, in the living room near the recliners. A Kleenex box had apparently exploded on the floor. I was too tired to tackle it last night, so this morning I dug into it. I discovered that the little devil dog had chewed more than a Kleenex box. My brand new matching high-leg recliners had been chewed! Both of them have been chewed thru the fabric and into the frames on the corners, and the liner fabric underneath has been pulled down and chewed. GRRR! And that was AFTER they had been sprayed with bitter apple. He has every chew toy known to man and he has to eat the furniture! He's going in the crate today while I'm gone.

There is a problem with my meds that I need to get straightened out before my procedure and I can't get anybody to call me back. The new doc prescribed yet another blood pressure pill and this one conflicts with my statin. So that's a pain.

On the plus side, I'm making chili for supper. Someone asked for the recipe a while back and I forgot to post it. It's not fancy, but here it is:

Low Sodium Chili

1 1/2 pounds of ground round, cooked and drained
    2 cans of No Salt Added Light Red Kidney Beans (I use Walmart brand)
    2 cans of No Salt Added Tomato Sauce (Hunts or Walmart brand)
    1 package Williams Chili Seasoning with no salt added
    2 cups of water (more of less as needed)

I hope everybody is having a good day.

Sylvia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I woke up without a bunch of aches and pains. I must be doing the exercises at the fitness center correctly now. :bigsmile: DH went with me yesterday. I hope he’ll be willing to make it a regular occurrence. Today is the kind of rainy day when you feel really cozy inside cuddled up with a good book. Now if I can just skip the snacking I used to do, it’ll be okay. I’m thinking tea instead of cookies. Wish me luck.:flowerforyou:

Michele: Is Vince a model railroader? There is a club here in Portland that has an awesome set-up and opens to the public now and then. I love to go on those days. :love: We took our kids when they were little and took DGD year before last. She was so little then, but seemed to love it. When she’s a bit older she’ll love it even more.:smile:

Viv: Welcome back! You’ve been missed.:flowerforyou:

Heather: Congratulations on your Elliptical PB. :flowerforyou: As to the salty cheesy dinner-I’d do it too in a heartbeat except that we’ve cut out salt because of DH’s blood pressure issues. So mine will have to be just cheesy. :laugh: In fact I’m planning a cheesy dish as soon as our new spatzel maker arrives. There is an intriguing recipe in a German cookbook I bought. Maybe eliminating salt will protect me from the water weight. It won’t protect me from calories, though. :noway: I wonder if I could make plain soy yogurt from the flavored ones I find at the grocery store. I found a milk free sour cream recipe on line and tried it. It wasn’t very good. Can you post the Avgolemono soup recipe? I’m intrigued and would like to try it.:flowerforyou:

Tazgirl: Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your celebration. How long have you been married?:flowerforyou:

Grandmallie: You seem to be experiencing a plateau. Just keep doing what you’re doing and eventually the scale will go down again. :flowerforyou: I hope your husband learned a lesson about how to treat you. I’m pleased to hear that he apologized, but a good apology doesn’t really make up for bad behavior. That said, I’ve had to apologize a time or two myself. Hugs to you.:flowerforyou:

Anamika: Enjoy your break from school. Yoga twice and a 5k in the same day sounds VERY ambitious. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I recognize the serenity prayer. It is so appropriate for all of us. Thank you.:flowerforyou:

Pat (Phoo in AZ): You will find a way to privately express your concerns to the pastor. Just tell him what you observed without expressing directly what you fear. “I worked with Mrs X, and noticed (fill in the behavior). I wonder if you’d check on her.” (Or something similar.) :flowerforyou:

The MPF format subtracts cardio exercise calories in figuring your daily totals. It does not give credit against your calorie totals for weight training although it is obvious that lifting weight burns calories. I read their explanation but can’t explain it. Perhaps this involves the fact that weight training builds muscle, which is heavier than fat per square inch. I don’t mind spending time making myself stronger even though I can’t count the calorie burn against my food intake.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: Thank you so much for the low sodium chili recipe. :love: DH loves chili but has to be so careful about his sodium since his stroke. This opens doors for him to enjoy an old favorite! I copied it into my recipe files. Your little dog will have to be crated when you’re out. You’re right about that. Maybe he’ll outgrow the chewing in time, but right now he can’t be trusted alone. I’m sorry about your damaged furniture.:flowerforyou:

Katla in rainy NW Oregon

November goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Focus on fitness: cardio and strength every week
    3. Drink 3 or more glasses of water daily
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Remember the song ♫ I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in ♫ well, that could be applied to all the conditions we deal with here but praise the good Lord it isn't anything like that as the fellow in the song. Not sure why that line popped into my mind when I came over here to check in but it did. It's been a few days and the thread is rampant as usual and that's part of its charm. It's great to be a part of such a lively group of women.

@Pat, last night on the weather they suggested we turn our heat on but we didn't. It was a little nippy this morning; not yet ready for the heater or cold fronts. We had way too many triple digits late into October.

@Sylvia, hope your day gets better; I would be stricken if my new rockers were chewed up. As for the dr and meds; praying for resolution there.

Read others post but not even going to try to "catch-up" as there has been much water pass under the bridge. A busy day today so I am off and keeping active. Life is good! Tonight is the general meeting of women's league and the evening's program is candy-making! I hope it's chocolate :bigsmile:

Teral in Plano
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy thurs.Violet is coming over for a sleepover.Her parents are going away for the night for DIL bday.
    Hope you all have a good day.
    HUGS
    jane
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Katla - I enter my weight lifting as Strength Training, which mfp subtitles as weight lifting, weight training. I put down 20 mins, which only gives me 69 cals, but it's better than nothing!
  • lajpeck
    lajpeck Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

This is my first time posting to this thread so I don't really know each one of you individually yet, but good luck on all your November goals.

My goals for November are:

Loose 5 lbs
    Exercise at least four times a week (this is the crazy season at work so it will be exhausting daily so that might be hard).
    Decided what my goal weight should be. Had it set on 130 and now I am thinking 150 would be more realistic.
    Get more sleep.
    Get my fitbit off layaway.
    Do more strength training.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Deb, I'm so jealous. I wish I was going to the conference with you. I love a good math conference. I really want to go to the NCTM one in April in New Orleans, but I can't justify the expense and my district won't pay if it's out of state.

Today I am thankful for those of you who take the time to respond individually to us. You are the inspiration that keeps this thread alive.

Keep up the good work, ladies. I am thinking of you all, even if I don't respond to you by name on a regular basis.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Katla - my Avgolemono soup is thus. ( pronounced Avgo LEM ono - for years I was calling it avgolemONO - oh no!)

Today I used 1 litre - 1 3/4 pints - homemade chicken stock. The quality of the stock makes all the difference. I cooked 3 oz long grain rice in the stock. I whisked up 2 egg yolks with most of a lemon juice. Then I added some of the hot stock to the egg mixture in a bowl and then poured it back into the saucepan and heated it gently, stirring all the time until it thickened a bit. I tasted constantly for the amount of lemon juice as I like it sharp, DH less so, so we compromise, and seasoning to your liking. You could add that to your own portion and leave it out for your DH. I absolutely love it! I counted 250 calories for it and gave DH a buttered wholemeal roll to go with it. ( He needs calories!)

For me it's a real time travel thing and takes me back to the early 70s!

Love to you all from Heather UK :drinker:
  • grandmallie
    Options
    afternoon ladies,
    rainy and windy here today, but had a ball today, found some real bargains...my mother taught me well, to sniff out bargains
    were redoing the beds in florida, getting a king for the master, and move the queen into the second bedroom.
    I found a reversible comforter for 20.00 bucks,and a real nice mattress pad for 22.00,found a queen one for 19.99 and got 20% off of that so got it for 15.99, i needed new table lamps for the family room, the ones we had were falling apart they were only 30 yrs old lol..
    went to this little thrift shop and got a pair with shades for ~ get this $ 7.00 , now ya cant beat that with a stick...
    im just hoping the queen comforter I got goes with the paint color,the room is a very pale blue, and a I got a nice green plain comforter,blue and green go well together dont they?
    we did go out to lunch, and I had a 1/2 grinder(sub) with cheese ,lettuce and tomato,
    I am making taco's tonight and would love to have some, but will hold off until tomorrow, so I wont upset the applecart on calories....
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Katla - my Avgolemono soup is thus. ( pronounced Avgo LEM ono - for years I was calling it avgolemONO - oh no!)

Today I used 1 litre - 1 3/4 pints - homemade chicken stock. The quality of the stock makes all the difference. I cooked 3 oz long grain rice in the stock. I whisked up 2 egg yolks with most of a lemon juice. Then I added some of the hot stock to the egg mixture in a bowl and then poured it back into the saucepan and heated it gently, stirring all the time until it thickened a bit. I tasted constantly for the amount of lemon juice as I like it sharp, DH less so, so we compromise, and seasoning to your liking. You could add that to your own portion and leave it out for your DH. I absolutely love it! I counted 250 calories for it and gave DH a buttered wholemeal roll to go with it. ( He needs calories!)

For me it's a real time travel thing and takes me back to the early 70s!

Love to you all from Heather UK :drinker:

Thanks!
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Grandmallie - you could look for decorative pillows that have both colors in them, or get fabric with both colors and make some along with a "runner" to drape across the end of the bed, like they do in hotels. Or, you could go another way and get accents of a couple totally different colors that coordinate that would give you a "color block" look. What fun!

Where the heck did you find those bargains? Sounds great!

Sylvia
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Nov 7th, what I am thankful for today. Today as I sit in my living room and see all the trees still so beautiful it reminds me of all the seasons. I am so thankful for all those seasons. Everyone of those have so many precious moments and memories for me. Spring is the beginning of new life for the trees, flowers, so many little animals to watch play. The weather can be so brisk , cool, lovely breezes. makes you want to go sit outside or remember the times when you went fishing with Dad. Summer was our camping season. You find a spot underneath the shade of a tree and pitch that huge tent. That was the days where a tent was a tent, not a condo! Everyone slept in the same room, all the supplies had to fit in there. Seven people in a tent makes you get along. Summer time is that time when kids are out of school and riding bikes, laughter all day long. You get some precious time with your kids to take to the library, ride a bike with them and hopefully talk. Then fall comes, God gets His paint brush out again and the whole world gets colors that you never thought possible. Yards fade from green to piles of colored years. In the fall you prepare for the following year. How do I prepare for the future. You can't just arrive and hope someone else has done what is needed. Kids get so excited with their back to school clothes. Then comes glorious winter. Nothing more beautiful than trees right after an ice storm. I also love to see the bushes that are all decked out with colored lights and then God softens it all up by putting a layer of snow on them and you just see the glow of the lights. Of course Christmas is also the time we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ who helps us through out our each and every day. Winter time is the time when families come together and somehow forget all the troubles of the year and gather to celebrate.

Sylvia, I remember the time when we had to make that decision to crate our sheltie. We thought it would be dreadull and sad for him. But the guy at the pet store reminded us that all animals make their own dens of some kind. So the day came after we came home and Buddie had torn off the entire skirt of our couch that we bought the crate. She had already chewed the heels off of everyone one of my shoes. Whenever there was an arguement in our house Buddy would go down to the family room and he would be found in his crate at 10 PM every night ready to go to bed.

Joyce, Indiana
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Sylvia- up in our neck of the woods, we have some discount stores, that are a ball to poke around in, Ocean State Job Lot started out in Rhode Island,hence the name( Ocean State) this is where I found the king comforter and mattress pad, 46.00 bucks for the 2 of those,will be going there for art supplies for my DGD, they also sell food non perishable, and all sorts of odds and ends, sporting goods, kayaks ,canoes, garden stuff, hardware..
    Then there is Big Lots, I think that is a bigger chain because there is also one down in Florida where we are.. they have things like the other store,but there king sets where 80.00 , no way was I gonna pay that..
    Then my most other favorite store is the Christmas Tree Shops, they originated out on Cape Cod, and have anything you can possibly imagine,cheap mostly, not I have to say most of the stuff is made in china, but they also carry non perishable food stuffs, and got my hairdresser a beautiful box of Christmas tea's all wrapped for 4.99, but the best part of it all is I had a 20% coupon, so everything I bought there today was 20% off each thing, found that pretty queen bedspread for clearance ,19.99, but I got it for 15.99. I did buy myself some gingerbread biscotti to have with tea and that was a couple of bucks...
    im just tickled about the lamps though,$7.00 for a pair of lamps with the shades..
    ,my mom was a tag-garage saler from a way back, there was never a thrift shop she didnt know or go to.. and my friend Doris, who is like my second mom ,was a great friend of my moms too, so we used to shop together. now Doris and I ,go out once a month and poke around...
    at this stage of the game, im trying to get rid of stuff not buy it, since we are driving down to florida we have a pile of stuff ready to take down.. will buy king pillows when we get down there, but the rest of the stuff for the new bed is all set...
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Joyce - Bruno has a crate. He sleeps in it at night. I've been home most of the time since we got him, so I only put him in it when I go off to the Y. But hubby left him out all day while he was at work and I was in Kansas City, so I totally blame hubby, not Bruno. Even with me home though, he has chewed some stuff. He's sneaky.

Grandmallie - I come from a long line of garage salers. Lots of times my friends ask "where'd you get that?", and I'd say from a garage sale and they'd say "of course you did". I had to swear off for a while though. I was collecting too much stuff. Hubby was afraid I'd turn into a hoarder. I got some incredible stuff though, like a brand new leather purse with the tags on it for fifty cents. I only went to one garage sale this whole year. I love to buy old furniture and paint it.

Sylvia