WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2013

Options

Replies

• Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends
    :flowerforyou: Barbie Thank u. inspite of your present issues you have kept us going, am going to follow this act of kindness and support unconditionally…

:smile: Michelle Love all the exercises and variations u incorporate on the physical plane and Mahjong for mental agility and entertainment. Must try the HIIT on the eliptical
    Since the scale has not been budging for me.:grumble: I want to ask all the accomplished losers do I need to increase my ex?
    :bigsmile: Christschild love your goals
    :smile: Heather Jan17 is my son Abhijit’s bday. Hope u have a great time then…. Love your idea of giving to Charity to share your blessings
    :smile: Tazgirl am impressed u refrained having candy, I stayed away from sweets a number of days but yesterday had one…then another, then another and thought now I have blown it so had another…:explode:
    :blushing: Each one tasted better than the previous piece… Have to take myself to task today
    :flowerforyou: Dee dee congrats on the loss
    :drinker: Patceoh That’s an interesting idea about the cup… and colour Red, vibrant and cheerful yet a sign to STOP
    :flowerforyou: Sylvia so many things to celebrate… including your creative bags for Halloween . Sorry about your heart issue….. but maybe getting through what the doctor prescribes, in a better facility, will make u feel good as new:heart: ……All of us out here are praying and cheering for u
    :smile: Yanniejannie love your energy… how did u make those sweetpoato pies? Can we have the recipe, please?
    :smile: Mousemom 18 that’s a great goal….to fit into size 6….all the best
    Katla I’m not surprised at your daughter’s reaction, coz our children presume our stuff is theirs (at least in India). Generally they don’t care for a vast majority of things, but sometimes they have attached certain significance to a piece or two (, known only to them).:heart:
    Lizplus Iam sure u look as good as u feel in your new haircut:bigsmile:

Joyce love reading your posts, and u are so right about the blessing of a loving family where we r free to disagree yet share warmth and love….. that’s what we have here and I cherish so much:glasses:

Robin the girls are beautiful:heart:
    :heart: DrKatiebug a very uplifting and sublime idea, will definitely take a page from your book
    Grandmallie you have been doing so well…. I’m sure u will continue your good habits:smile:
    :smile: Jodios always nice to see u nmiling and hear from u, do take care
    :smile: Suebdew lucky u, enjoying golfing and getting in your exercise
    Katla that’s true love….making snatzel for your husband from scratch:love: ….It was a cute pic imagining u perched on a stool, stirring your aromatic noodles…..
    Thanks for the drink more water tip
    Susan hope the scale comes down,:grumble: it makes us feel so low or so ecstatic….
    The festival of Diwali or Deepavali is tomorrow…… Lots of lamps are lit. Of course most people have now switched to fairy lights.
    It is celebrated as a symbol of victory of the Goddess over the demons. Another legend says Lord Ram returned home after 14 years of being exiled in the forests where he vanquished all the demons, including Ravana, the king of Sri Lanka who had abducted Rama’s wife Sita.
    For some, it marks the new Year.
    In short we clean our homes, make lots of sweets and gift sweets. many of us now simply buy , too much of an effort to make all by yourself. Then we visit, friends and family to wish each other.
    So, I wish all of you my dear friends here a very Happy Diwali and hope the Almighty blesses each one with good health and happiness.
    Love to all
    Anamika from Mumbai
  • tazgirl1960
    tazgirl1960 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! I actually played hookey from work yesterday (I just needed a day).:ohwell: I accomplished quite a lot of housework, that made me feel great,:bigsmile: so today I can sew, sew, sew. :happy:

:smile: Dee--Glad you are feeling better. We will be going to NC for Thanksgiving to my SIL's. We went last year it is so Beautiful there.

:smile: : Katla---You are right about plateaus, I am at one now, very frustrating.

:smile: Liz--Kay Hooper/Bishop series. I could not put them down.

:smile: Sylvia--My MIL has 2 stents inside 2 stents. It seemed to work just fine for her. Prayers that all goes well for you. :flowerforyou:

:smile: Kerry---Welcome

:smile: Michele--Only reason I thought of the Pastry Bag is because I do Cake Decorating and I have them around. You can buy them at Walmart, their disposable and you can cut the hole as small or big as you need.

:smile: Anamika--It was so hard to refrain from eating that candy as Chocolate is my true love, :laugh: But I have a made up mind about losing this weight, but when I do fall off, I will be getting right back on. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a Blessed and Wonderful Day. :flowerforyou:

Tina in Florida
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - I wish you well with the op! Such a worry for you. I still go to the big hospital in London, even though it takes me 2hrs 15 to get there, just for a check up. I want the best and everything on tap. If I am not having an actual procedure I like to make a day of it and do something nice, like meet a friend, go shopping in a great store or have a treat meal. I sometimes plan to visit an exhibition, but my mind is never in the right place so I rarely do. I have usually gone for my medical procedures by myself as my DH would be worrying even more than I do. I don't want to have to worry for two of us! !:laugh: as I would have to look after him.

Anamika - happy Diwali.:flowerforyou: A lot of people celebrate over here. I think there is something in Trafalgar Square. Of course it is around the time of our Guy Fawkes so fireworks are seasonal.

Barbie - I was doing 30 pushups at once, but the chest cold has taken the stuffing out of me! However, I don't think a sergeant major would be very impressed with my style. :laugh: My first plank today in ten days and only 2 min 30. I've got a bit to catch up on, but I think I'm over the worst, so can only improve. DH had it worse than me, and it went on for longer, but he is 4 years older.

Now for the good news! I have lost the other half lb !! Hooray!:drinker: Only 2 lb to go now for my 4 stone loss.
    I'm going to get DH to measure my height at last. When I started MFP I roughly measured myself, but I'm sure it wasn't accurate. When I was young I was always 5ft 5 1/2 ins. Then I was measured when I had my babies and they added another 1/4 inch. Then I was measured a couple of years ago before a bone scan and I was 5ft 4 3/4. Horror! Of course I know we shrink with age.:cry:
    I came out at 5ft 5ins when I measured myself and stuck with that, but I feel brave enough now to face the truth.:embarassed: Of course it affects my BMI, but I am safely in healthy now.

DH off to football. It's an early kick off for the TV, which he hates as it ruins his time in the pub with his nephew and ex BIL. So it will be a quick snatched pint and a sandwich he took with him, instead of a couple of pints, a large pub cooked meal and a long chat. I'm glad he feels well enough to go.

I will be watching an Italian film today and catching up on a bit of recorded TV. When DH goes out I really love it for a short time and love doing my thing, but before long I start feeling lonely . My big danger is the beckoning of the fridge! Fortunately today he will be back earlier than normal so I hope the cheese box will still be full!!:laugh:

Must do a bit of garden tidying tomorrow. The dahlia must be put to bed in the garage.:bigsmile: I still have a few red tulips to put in its pot. I wonder if the farmer won't have his bonfire tonight as it is forecast to be very windy. There is a huge pile of pallets in the field behind us and he always has a great display of fireworks. The actual day is Tuesday, but his kids don't live with him full time so it's usually at the weekend. Hope the sparks aren't blowing our way!

Love to all. Heather UK
  • PegathaAnn
    PegathaAnn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies! May I join you on your journey to heath and fitness? I'm new to MFP and am looking for support and motivation. I've read your thread and find that you all are a friendly, positive and supportive group -- just what I'm looking for!

First, I'll introduce myself: I am 55 years old, married with 3 grown children and 7 grandchildren. I find myself at that long sought after point in life where outside of work, my time is my own. I also find myself 25 pounds over my ideal weight (again) and starting to feel and see the effects of a sedentary lifestyle and poor eating habits. Although my immediate goal is to lose those pesky excess pounds, my long term goal is to live a strong, healthy and active life until God calls me home.

My November goals are vague and silly but intended to make them simple for me to remember and commit to as I begin my journey. My daily goals this month are:

LOG -- food and water on MFP site
    JOG -- I do like to run, but the goal is to do some form of exercise daily (jog, walk, elliptical, yoga, etc)
    BLOG -- read and post on this thread to encourage myself and others

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

Peggy from Southern Indiana
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    October report:
    Weight sessions: goal 10 / actual 8
    Weight lifted: goal 166,667 / actual 155,215
    Cardio sessions: goal 15 / actual 14
    Cardio time: goal 10 hrs / actual 10 hrs

YTD:
    Weight sessions: goal 100 / actual 81
    Weight lifted: goal 1,667,670 / actual 1,817,635
    Cardio sessions: goal 150 / actual 145
    Cardio time: goal 100 hrs / actual 129 hrs

While I didn’t meet my October weight-lifted goal, I was ahead of the game in prior months, so still am on track to lift 2 million pounds this year.

The fall craziness at work is ongoing, yet all in all it didn’t derail my fitness routine too terribly. I’m carrying on with the same goals to year-end. Now if I could just work until 8p fewer days each week!

Have read through all the posts -- so many pages already! High fives and hugs to each as appropriate -- I admire those with so many individual responses. By the time I read all the pages the names/situations become jumbled. Then it seems I run out of time to go back and figure it out. I enjoy following everyone's journies, though.

Thanks, Barbie, for setting up the thread and I hope you're starting to feel better.

Gail, metro ATL
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    morning Peggy and welcome, you will just love this group, we are a great group of ladies,if I do say so myself, and our Beloved Barbie keeps us going every month bless her heart...
    I just want to say, as I do to all my dear sweet friends and family, that I LOVE each and every one of you, you have supported me through this journey and I will support you all too.
    Some days are better than other's,but you never know with the world as crazy as it is if we will wake up to see tomorrow.
    So I am telling you now.
    LOVE you all LOTS xoxoxo:heart::heart: :heart:
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hello ladies, well october was kind of a bust for me went backwards more than ahead so new month and new start.
    Well wishes to all who are need them prayers for many of you , love the pictures grandbabies are a precious gift.:heart:
    Well it is snowing lightly but its still white stuff way to soon ,

Best wishes to all welcome to our new comers, best place to be
    :flowerforyou: thanks to barbie and feel better soon

Juanita in sudbury
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have a social event to look forward to this evening. Our sailing club is having its annual meeting to elect officers, set up next year’s calendar, and socialize with one another. It is held at a restaurant that is about a block from our house. The chef always provides me with dairy free options, bless his heart. :flowerforyou: He is an excellent chef and his business is primarily catering. The restaurant is not regularly open to the public. I don't think he likes production cooking very well and it was a tough economy when he first opened. He's found his niche and we benefit.:bigsmile:

Renny: You’ll have to tell us about your yoga theraputic. Yoga has definitely helped me with strengthening everywhere, but particularly my bad knee. I think it has the potential to do wonders for your back issues if you stay with it for a long time. Relief isn’t instant. At least it wasn’t for me. My class is full of women “of a certain age” and many of us have health issues. Our teacher doesn’t call it theraputic yoga, but she modifies for everyone who needs it. :flowerforyou:

Anamika: It is hard to know what advice to give without the details of what you are doing now. Adding exercise is generally a good thing. I like to vary my routine. I have yoga twice a week, and walk or ride my stationary bike on other days. I try to get in at least half an hour of exercise daily. Other than that, I've learned to be patient and I've lived through MANY plateaus. I’m picking up a strength goal this month and started with a plank yesterday. It was a minute and a half. The people who stuck with it are WAY ahead of me now.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Heather: The bonfire sounds wonderful. We have many regulations regarding burning things around here and it has been a long time since I’ve been at a bonfire. We used to have them at the beach on a semi-regular basis. Good memories abound from those the beach bonfires. I hope you get to enjoy yours, and the smoke doesn't blow into your house. :noway: :flowerforyou:

Peggy from S IN: Your goals are perfect and easy to remember. Welcome to the group.:flowerforyou:

Gail: Your lifting goals are amazing. You seem to be doing a very good job of improving your health. Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Juanita: We all need fresh starts and, luckily, get one every day. I hope we get to see you a bit more often this month. Snow? How far north is Sudbury?:flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

November goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Focus on fitness, cardio and strength every week
    3. Drink 3 or more glasses of water daily
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi to all. Sorry I have been sort of mia lately. Clinical just exhausts me. Well I'm done with that til January, so time to get back into gear. I have read most of the posts but won't try to catch up on responding...I'll just go from here.

I have lots of grading to do today, plus football at 2:30 then a friend's birthday party at 6:00. So it will be one busy day. The contractors were supposed to be over today because we have quite a few complaints about their work, but for the 2nd Saturday in a row, they are a no call, no show. GRRRRR I think Monday I'll call the insurance company to complain.

OK, I'm sending cheers to those who get them and hugs for those who need them. Take care all, Meg
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday morning. It is a cool 30 degrees here. Also my weekend to work. Halloween at our house was nice, had close to 60 little people show up. I enjoy seeing the little ones dressed up. I did go out with two of my DGC for alittle over an hour so got lots of steps in. Last year I would not have been able to do that, so really enjoied it. :smile: Am still waiting for them to come and finish the siding on the house. They called DH last Saturday and said the rest of it had come in and they would finish it up this last week. Not happy with them at all:angry: We are a busy group and already in November. I did so so on my October goals, better then month before so keep on keeping on.

Suzy--Hope you enjoy the Josh Groban concert. I do enjoy going to live concerts and plays.

Sylvia--Sure hope you're feeling better and have some peace over having the heart cath. I had one several years ago and they sent me to Lincoln which is 100 miles away and since I was in the hospital they sent me in an ambulance. I was very lucky and every thing was ok. Sending prayers and hugs your way:flowerforyou: Your Halloween bags sound nice. I will have to remember that for next year.

grandmallie--Hope your hips are feeling better. My right hip and leg are hurting the last couple days. Think I must have slept wrong.

Jane--Congrates on your weight loss:flowerforyou:

Barbie--Thanks for keeping us going and all you do for us:flowerforyou: Sure hope you are doing better. Sounds like taking things easy and slow is the best treatment.

Sandy--:flowerforyou: Hugs to you and all you have going on. Remeber to take care of yourself first.

Pat--I agree sometime owing a house sucks. Seems the inside of toilets do not last long. DH replaced our in the main bathroom this summer and bought one of the real low toilets. So this week we were at the rehab store and they had one regular height so we got that and next weekend he plans to replace it and put the new one in the basement as that ones needs replaced. Can not get it clean and drives me nuts.

Michele--:happy: Congrates on just one M&M. I would not be able to do that.

Susan--:happy: Congrates on your NSV. Like your goals to be good to yourself and others.

Christschild--:heart: Love your goals. I printed them off to put up on my desk to help me be more postive. I agree Oct was a very stressful month, But the Blessings were Fantastic. Your new youth class sounds exciting. Our CMA group has started a group for the youth. It's exciting to see these young people on fire for Jesus and wanting to share it with their friends.

Drkatiebug--What is the Advocare 24 day challenge? When I tried looking it up all I found was diet things they were trying to sell. I like the spiritual journey where did you get the daily readings? I try to be more into the spiritual side of Christmas and take my grand children to church.

Joyce--Your plans for your things sound so caring, My mom has had us put ournames on cerain things we would like to have. I've been trying to clean and sort thur things so our kids will have less to deal with. I am afraid they will fight as we have my son and then DH has 5 children. One DSS is always saying I want this or that and I just tell him we are still here.

Heather--:flowerforyou: Congrates on the weight loss. I am shorter then last year. Doctor measures me every year when I go have my GYN physical. I'm 5'4". My grandma and two Aunts on my dad's side were really short. My Aunts were really close and they loved to skip and people would be surprised they were not children. So guess I am taking after them. I do all most my DGC are as tall or taller then me.

Peggy--Welcome. Come back often and tell us how things are with you.

Well guess I should get some work done. Pateint count is high for a weekend, phones are not really busy. Hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful Fall weather.

Blessed VickiL GI NE

Goals for November
    1. Log every bite-Honest
    2. Check out exercise class at church
    3. Drink water!!
    4. Write down one thing each day I am Thankful for. So far for Nov 1st- Thankful for Barbie and all she does to keep us going.
    Nov2ne- Thankful for my husband and all he does.
    5. Act the way I want to feel(borrowed from Barbie)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    sitting down, and my foot hurts, will ice it for a bit, just finished doing the lawn riding mower and push, think that will be the last time for the push mower but my DH is anal about the leaves, we have 2 tree's in the back yard, one dumps all its leaves and then the other one waits and does all its leaves, why cant they be in sync and do it together.. but DH likes to have a pristine lawn, so every weekend, if its not raining,we do leaves...
    thats the one thing about Florida, no raking and no lawn mowing!!!!
    i am having a whole wheat bagel with cranberries with the greek yogurt cream cheese and a cup of tea- let me just say it is heavenly:bigsmile:
    going to take a shower and then over to my FIL , then to Lowe's, Sam's, and out for pizza
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Nov 2. What I am thankful for. Today I am thankful for my doctor. I would like to say that I even had a part in training you but I don't think I can do that although I did watch you in training as a family practice resident. You have been my rock, my shoulder to cry on when I am down. You listened to my daughter when no one else would and helped get her diagnosis of chronic fatigue. You were there with me when I got my diagnosis of MS. You have gently guided me towards my path of proper diet because you knew that if you pushed to far I wouldn't do anything. You have listened to all my fears when DH had his heart attack. You were with me when both my parents died and going through my sisters cancer treatments. We have both voiced concern over where health care is going today. We understand each other. I am also thankful for my neurologist. My favorite guy, family practice let me choose you. You think out loud so that I know what is going on in that brilliant mind of yours yet you take the time to explain everything. You keep up with current treatments, go to conferences, read the latest research. I know I have the best in both of you.

Couldn't sleep well last night, weird dreams. Dreamed that my husband was in a par 3 golf tournament with Tiger Woods and won the prize of 3 million dollars. We did professional landscaping, gutted the kitchen, bathrooms, dug up the sewer and connected it all properly so that the basement bathroom could be functional again. Put professional grade organizers in laundry room, storage room and 1 car garage so that those room s could be organized and I could put my car in garage. Bought yard barn so garage could fit everything. Gave girls $300,000 a piece with stipulation that college loans be paid first, then cars taken care of and they could do what they wanted with the rest. Oh, brand new good windows throughout the house and Florida room put on right off the kitchen. Busy dream. Sorry I had to wake up

Hope everyone is feeling better today. Joyce, Indiana
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Just thought I'd share my blog post with you on this blustery Saturday.

Nov Nature Notes

Not a single leaf left on our naked walnut tree - reminds me that I look much better when clothed.

All of those leaves have been raked and placed in the bin - reminds me to rake out my closet and recycle.

Leaves from the neighbor's oak tree beginning to blow into our yard - reminds me to stop gobbling up every extra calorie that comes into view.

Some rain overnight but not torrential - reminds me to drink more water.

Wind blowing, making the trees sway - reminds me to move more and maybe learn to do the Hula.

A few trees still full of leaves bright with color - reminds me that I can still feel pretty even if I can't seem to drop the excess as quickly as others do.

Overgrown hedge and shrubs - reminds me to keep cutting back my portions in order to look my best.

Dead flower stalks - reminds me to remove old habits that cause grief.

Cloudy, blustery sky - reminds me to remain calm and keep a bright, sunny attitude.

:smile: jb in Portland
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Hope your back is healing well Barbie.

We had 75 trick or treaters down from 90, so some candy left. I don't eat candy so I am not quite sure what to do with it.
    Two fun moments. Our neighbor children gave me a picture they drew with thank you for the candy. Other fun moment I use a tape recorder with a scary tape that I play on Halloween. A parent commented on my vintage player. Yes., not everything is digital and it works just fine.LOL.:laugh: Just like me.LOL

My great nephew who is four months old went as a parrot while his father was a pirate. I'll try to get a picture to post. It gave me a chuckle. :smile:

Goals for November
    1. Reduce the amount of processed food I eat
    2. Laugh more
    3. Get together with friiends
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Barbie – as so many have already said, thank you for starting this thread. It does let us know we are not in this alone. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself after your fall. :flowerforyou:

Pat – oh my goodness, I laughed out loud ready your description with how you were talked to by the sales person. I often get talked to that way when I go into a home improvement or hardware store. I hope you are able to get the toilet fixed. I don't own a house so I just call my landlord and sometimes they fix it and sometimes I wait and wait and wait :noway:

Sylvia – sorry to hear about your heart issues, what a dilemma and decision you have to make. There are pros & cons to each choice. You are in my prayers.

Yanniejannie – isn't it great when we can look back and see how far we've come. I'm doing so many things now that I never would have tried a year ago.

Heather – glad you are feeling better. Congrats on the loss, what an accomplishment. I hope you enjoy your alone time

Welcome to the newcomers, you've come to a wonderfully supportive group of ladies. Come back often and post as much as you want, it's nice to get to know each other.

Juanita – please keep your snow, I'm in southern Ontario and am definitely not ready for it :laugh:

jb – I absolutely love your nature notes, thanks so much for sharing

Once again my mood is being dictated by the number on the scale. I'm thrilled...I lost 3.8 lbs this week. I worked harder in aquafit this morning because of it. The scale is on the move again ...downwards...YAY!! That's about 6 lbs in 2 weeks after very little movement for over 6 weeks. I just want to say thank you to each and every one of you. You were there to support and encourage me. In the past I would have given up after a few weeks of no movement.

I didn't make any Oct goals as it was a rough start to the month. I am making Nov goals.

Burn 3,500 calories every week
    Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    Not go over 2,500 mg of sodium each day (this will be the hard one)

I took last night off of going to the Y as I was just plain exhausted and I went to bed earlier then I normally do.

Tis a rainy cool day here in Ontario so now that I'm home from the Y I'm going to get a bit of housework done and then maybe do a bit of reading. I've downloaded 2 books, The pursuit of happiness & The art of racing in the rain (both recommendations from some wonderful ladies here :happy: )

Have a great day.

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • Shelleb54
    Options
    Hi Barbie - I want to thank you for this quote:
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

It really hit home, I have found that recently that is what I'm doing and didn't realize it until I read your thread. I started on Myfitness pal in July 2013 and recently have been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for the last 3 weeks. Well, I'm going to print your quote and put it up to remind me; "Not to live in the MOMENT, but to keep focused on what I want MOST , to feel and look better, inside and out!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sat.
    Thankful for hubby passing test at work with a 95%.
    Thankful to see the sun after many days of clouds and rain.
    HUGS
    jane
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: Well I did not do too badly on my October goals. I attended every PT session scheduled except one this month. I will continue that goal in November. I have been lagging a little on the protein goals this last week or so but I have cut down on sweets most days. My November goal is to get at least 80 mg of protein per day. I got in at least 4000 steps every day and 5000 on most days. My best day was about 17,000 but that was only one day. My goal for November is to get at least 5000 steps per day more if possible. I also wanted to finish October stronger and lighter. I am definitely stronger and have lost one inch on my waist and one on my thighs but hips stayed the same. Genetics will get me every time!! Weight did not go down but I stayed the same and did not go up either. A new goal for November is to write in my journal at least once a week and to be thankful for all the small blessings in my life.

I made two pies this morning to take to church for the turkey dinner tomorrow. The youth are raising money for their mission trips. One is to the Seattle area and another to one of the reservations here in the Dakotas.

On another note I got a call this morning from my DD. Their house was broken into yesterday and some things stolen. She was very upset. They just moved to this place a couple of months ago and not everything was put away. The thief took mostly money and jewelry. She is most upset because three of the pieces were of significant sentimental value to her, an amethyst necklace and ring from her godmother who is now deceased and a ring that was made by her grandfather from a coin he brought back from WWII. They are going to check pawn shops near them and Craig's list to see if they can recover them. It would be nice if that would work out.

Well must get some work done here. We are going to Faure's Requiem tonight at the Cathedral here in Sioux Falls, a beautiful place with awesome acoustics. The organist used to be at our church and she is excellent.

Everyone's November goals sound great. Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: My first yoga class in a long time and I loved it. I think this will help me with my aches and pains. The nice thing is that it is Saturday mornings at 10 AM and put on by the rec center, which makes it convenient on all accounts. So now I have jazzercise Sunday mornings at 9 AM and Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:15 AM.

After a gorgeously sunny and spectacular October, November is here with rain. I don't mind it, but the approaching winter will cut into my walking regime. Any walking events are over until the spring, unless I travel significant distances. Hence my interest in getting something else into my schedule, that can be done indoors and locally. I do have access to a gym, but a treadmill just does not thrill me.

So much of being active is about finding activities you will actually enjoy and can be done at a convenient time and location.

I did not do well in the loss department in October, it was a bit of a trial and error time in terms of exercising and finding out what was wrong with my back. I plan to do better in November with fresh perspective.

Thank you all for being here. I read all your stories, although I rarely respond individually. You are a bunch of amazing women!

:heart: Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sue the social media is really helping on finding things these days so if she has a picture of any of these items they could be posted on Face Book for help.

A moment of silence please for the loss of the clip on my FitBit one. The cat got it last night and ate it. I can order another one from FitBit for $15 plus shipping but then I would have to let my husband know how much I paid for the initial thing. He thinks I just bought a fancy pedometer. So far it is working just putting the FitBit one itself in my pocket. But what happens if I am wearing something that doesn't have a pocket??? I guess I could put it in my bra but that might look a little weird to see this little bump. I'm just glad I love my cat. That's one Nook charger, one Ipad charger, one headphone, damage to my laptop charger.

Joyce, Indiana