1800 calories in candy/ice cream - Why not?

Options
magerum
magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
My diary is open and I'm open to reasonable information and arguments. Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't have eaten the candy & ice cream I ate last night? I was within my calorie goal (3300), my macros were good (not quite spot on), & hit all micro needs through the function of the rest of my diet. Why, again, shouldn't I have eaten my son's Halloween candy? Besides the stealing from a three year old :wink:.

(I actually got tired of candy and switched to ice cream at the end.)

Replies

• NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm sure people will debate this endlessly, but you got plenty (more than enough) protein, plenty of complex carbs including veggies, and your ratio of simple to complex carbs isn't too bad. You probably didn't even need the multi-vitamin. 18 oz. of chicken in one sitting is impressive - I could not stomach that much all at once.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    No pop tarts? You're slacking.

Also, I love the "1.8350000381469727 cups." :laugh: (It's so nice that MFP allows you to log the exact number of molecules, yet the weigh-in doesn't even go to tenths of a pound.)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    You're not going to get much nutrition from it. You may lose weight by eating under your calorie goal (if that's what you're going for) but the junk food won't necessarily make you healthy.

*edit for clarity*

Though a 158lbs lost...dayam. :flowerforyou:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    TAWKSINZ!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You're not going to get much nutrition from it. You may lose weight by eating under your calorie goal (if that's what you're going for) but it won't necessarily make you healthy.

In...

...to learn more about how unhealthy magerum is.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    No reason not to, unless all that sugar caused an intestinal problem ... that would be I wouldn't eat it (plus 1800 cals is really close to my TDEE :grumble: ).
  • sjohnny
    Options
    You're not going to get much nutrition from it. You may lose weight by eating under your calorie goal (if that's what you're going for) but the junk food won't necessarily make you healthy.

*edit for clarity*

Wait.... So, all the nutrition that was in his broccoli and chicken and mixed veggies and all that other stuff doesn't count because ice cream?

Interesting.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it! I have ice cream most night and candy when I want ( IIFYM).
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I'm open to reasonable information and arguments. Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't have eaten the candy & ice cream I ate last night? I was within my calorie goal (3300), my macros were good (not quite spot on), & hit all micro needs through the function of the rest of my diet. Why, again, shouldn't I have eaten my son's Halloween candy? Besides the stealing from a three year old :wink:.

(I actually got tired of candy and switched to ice cream at the end.)

I see no reason not to eat the ice cream and candy.

I mean, with a budget of 3300 calories, you should eat that crap every day.

I imagine you're "bulking," which makes things even easier. It's unfortunate that not everyone here is (well, perhaps they are, albeit unintentionally).
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want! I choose not to make my body a garbage disposal for...well, garbage. To each his own!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This should go well. In for the inevitable gifs.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    Options

*edit for clarity*

Wait.... So, all the nutrition that was in his broccoli and chicken and mixed veggies and all that other stuff doesn't count because ice cream?

Interesting.

Ah, but I didn't say that. He asked why he shouldn't have eaten 1800 cals in candy/ice cream. I suggested a reason why he shouldn't have.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    I agree with what people say, eat what you want, you're an adult and can make your own choices. I don't think sugar is good for you because it can diminish your immune system and give you cavities in your teeth. I also don't think drinking cola is a great choice. If you didn't eat stuff like that every day you'd have even more gorgeous skin and might find your energy levels feel different. I think sugar is a drug and is addictive I know I've been addicted to it in the past.

That said I really think it's up to you what you eat and how healthy you want to be. I feel like at my age I need to be more careful about what I eat plus I had serious health consequences from eating too much sugar a few years ago. I know that when I eat less processed foods and don't drink soda I feel better.

But yeah, have fun, eat what you want, it's really ok so don't let anyone tell you that you are being super wrong.
  • sjohnny
    Options

*edit for clarity*

Interesting.

Ah, but I didn't say that. He asked why he shouldn't have eaten 1800 cals in candy/ice cream. I suggested a reason why he shouldn't have.

He got more than enough "nutrition" from the meat and vegetables he ate the rest of the day. All of his micro/macronutrient needs were met - and even exceeded. Why would he then need to continue to seek foods to meet requirements that have been more than met?
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Ummm. IIFYM!!!!! I'm loving this idea actually.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym

Essentially, if you have hit your macros, and don't do it too often, there is no reason why you shouldn't binge on chocolate.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    New hero found.

My Halloween got postponed until today, so I'm slacking!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    Options

*edit for clarity*

Interesting.

He got more than enough "nutrition" from the meat and vegetables he ate the rest of the day. All of his micro/macronutrient needs were met - and even exceeded. Why would he then need to continue to seek foods to meet requirements that have been more than met?

He wanted a reason/explanation for doing/not doing so. I gave him a reason for not doing so.
  • sjohnny
    Options

*edit for clarity*

Interesting.

He wanted a reason/explanation for doing/not doing so. I gave him a reason for not doing so.

And I'm disagreeing that it's a valid reason.
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If you hadn't spent 135 minutes exercising, would you have still eaten the ice cream and other treats?
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Can't say since I too ate candy last night, lol
    :tongue:

21525558.png