1800 calories in candy/ice cream - Why not?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You're not going to get much nutrition from it. You may lose weight by eating under your calorie goal (if that's what you're going for) but it won't necessarily make you healthy.

In...

...to learn more about how unhealthy magerum is.

Dude, don't do that...you just made me spit my water...

Bill-Hader-Spits-Drink-at-Kristen-Wiig-SNL.gif
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm jealous because that would have triggered a massive migraine for me.

Other than that I don't see a problem with it, the rest of your day was great :drinker:

But you should never steal from 3 yr olds, Santa probably put you on the naughty list.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You and JonnyThan are my IIFIYM heroes. I love my "bad foods."
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You're not going to get much nutrition from it. You may lose weight by eating under your calorie goal (if that's what you're going for) but the junk food won't necessarily make you healthy.

*edit for clarity*

Though a 158lbs lost...dayam. :flowerforyou:

Wait.... So, all the nutrition that was in his broccoli and chicken and mixed veggies and all that other stuff doesn't count because ice cream?

Interesting.

Ah, but I didn't say that. He asked why he shouldn't have eaten 1800 cals in candy/ice cream. I suggested a reason why he shouldn't have.

What nutrition should he have had, but didn't?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You're not going to get much nutrition from it. You may lose weight by eating under your calorie goal (if that's what you're going for) but the junk food won't necessarily make you healthy.

*edit for clarity*

Wait.... So, all the nutrition that was in his broccoli and chicken and mixed veggies and all that other stuff doesn't count because ice cream?

Interesting.

Ah, but I didn't say that. He asked why he shouldn't have eaten 1800 cals in candy/ice cream. I suggested a reason why he shouldn't have.

DO I get extra credit for piling more micro nutrients on? Even though I've already exceeded my needs by a large margin?

FWIW 3300 has me maintaining between 188 lbs & 192.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I was thinking fiber, but looks like you were there. Am I blind though I dont see the candy?

NVM found it LOL :blushing:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    uhhh because you ate all da sugarrrz and you will become addicted, and you know... sugar is like a gateway drug to more dangerous things like aspartame and crystal meth

edited for spelling derp
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Thought of one a nice source of vitamin A or lycopene
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options

*edit for clarity*

Interesting.

He got more than enough "nutrition" from the meat and vegetables he ate the rest of the day. All of his micro/macronutrient needs were met - and even exceeded. Why would he then need to continue to seek foods to meet requirements that have been more than met?

Yeah..it's the "food as enjoyment" habit. Which has got many of us, including me, into this mess in the first place!!
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    out of curiosity what does the micro profile look like for that day?
  • LoudmouthLee
    Options
    Ignore the haters.

If anyone things that they won't have a completely ridiculous binge day for the rest of their lives, they're delusional.

You did it. You were still within your macros (holy crap.) Was it your best decision? Probably not. You knew that already.

One meal will not make you skinny, and one meal will not make you fat. Eat up.
  • jonnythan
    Options

*edit for clarity*

Interesting.

He got more than enough "nutrition" from the meat and vegetables he ate the rest of the day. All of his micro/macronutrient needs were met - and even exceeded. Why would he then need to continue to seek foods to meet requirements that have been more than met?

Yeah..it's the "food as enjoyment" habit. Which has got many of us, including me, into this mess in the first place!!

Food should be enjoyed. Our problem was not that we enjoyed food. It was that we did not control how much of it we ate.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    out of curiosity what does the micro profile look like for that day?

941218D5-C265-4C4A-87BA-60447B29EE8D-8889-000003DC0055F2D6_zpsf6d7e975.jpg
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Ignore the haters.

If anyone things that they won't have a completely ridiculous binge day for the rest of their lives, they're delusional.

You did it. You were still within your macros (holy crap.) Was it your best decision? Probably not. You knew that already.

What if he did this every day? Good or bad? Why?
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Even for non-diabetics blood sugars over 140 can cause damage. That is the main reason to avoid sugar binges, persistent high blood sugar can do all kinds of nastiness in the body...
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Glad I wasn't the only one eating ice cream yesterday. I enjoyed my Party Cake flavored Ice cream (Turkey Hill) with a warm Go Nutty Peanut butter Pop Tart, it was quite delightful.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Even for non-diabetics blood sugars over 140 can cause damage.

I missed the post where OP told us what his blood sugar concentration was. How high did it go?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm only jealous because I only had 1400 calories to enjoy on candy once I hit my macros. Only made it through 700 though before I got bored ...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    because ice cream is satan's j***.
  • LoudmouthLee
    Options
    Is he doing this every day? I'm tired of so called "gurus" telling everybody what they can and cannot eat. He obviously knows what he's doing. If he did this every day, then it isn't a binge, and his "diet" would be of candy and ice cream. We he lose weight still? Probably. We he be as healthy as he can be? Probably not. Regardless, if he wants to fill his calories that way, he has full right to, and I would assume he would lose weight while at it, too.

May need some vitamins, though :)
    Ignore the haters.

What if he did this every day? Good or bad? Why?