1800 calories in candy/ice cream - Why not?

Options

Replies

• bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I think you nailed it for a holiday like Halloween. If people didn’t eat candy yesterday they 1 don’t have kids or 2 they don’t hand out candy.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Is he doing this every day? I'm tired of so called "gurus" telling everybody what they can and cannot eat. He obviously knows what he's doing. If he did this every day, then it isn't a binge, and his "diet" would be of candy and ice cream. We he lose weight still? Probably. We he be as healthy as he can be? Probably not. Regardless, if he wants to fill his calories that way, he has full right to, and I would assume he would lose weight while at it, too.

May need some vitamins, though :)

Which vitamins?

You realize the 1800 calories of candy and ice cream is only about half of his caloric intake for that day, right?
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I think you nailed it for a holiday like Halloween. If people didn’t eat candy yesterday they 1 don’t have kids or 2 they don’t hand out candy.

Haha, I don't have kids and didn't give out candy and I still ate candy last night!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure I understand the question. Why did you eat it if you think you shouldn't have? And if you don't think you shouldn't have, why are you asking for explanations of why you shouldn't have?

If you are asking for our personal thoughts on your day, then I would make very different choices if I had that many extra calories that needed eaten. Most of it doesn't sound like stuff I'd like, and it's more sugar and non-food edibles than I'd personally be comfortable with.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing your son a favor, 3 year olds don't need all that candy!! Plus you obviously chose all the best candies for yourself - twix, milky way, reeses, etc. Kudos on good Halloween candy taste. Was thrown off by the sour patch kids. Was that because the 3 year old tried it and hated it? That's what usually happens in our house with my 2 and 5 year old boys!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    non-food edibles

What does this term mean?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Even for non-diabetics blood sugars over 140 can cause damage.

I missed the post where OP told us what his blood sugar concentration was. How high did it go?

Well...I'm not diabetic so I'm guessing <140. Any higher would indicate diabetus.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

Haha, I don't have kids and didn't give out candy and I still ate candy last night!

ha ha You fall under my category of I eat candy every day
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I was within my calorie goal (3300), my macros were good (not quite spot on), & hit all micro needs through the function of the rest of my diet. Why, again, shouldn't I have eaten my son's Halloween candy?

Anyone eating a balanced food intake can put in sweets if they want any time. The issue becomes nutrients and macros when a MAJORITY of your intake comes from foods that won't hit your macros, especially on a constant basis.

Not sure what argument you were looking for.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I'm only jealous because I only had 1400 calories to enjoy on candy once I hit my macros. Only made it through 700 though before I got bored ...

I got bored too, hence the ice cream.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I don't see an issue here, I would have eaten all that candy and been out of my goals still wouldn't feel bad about it
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I'm open to reasonable information and arguments. Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't have eaten the candy & ice cream I ate last night? I was within my calorie goal (3300), my macros were good (not quite spot on), & hit all micro needs through the function of the rest of my diet. Why, again, shouldn't I have eaten my son's Halloween candy? Besides the stealing from a three year old :wink:.

(I actually got tired of candy and switched to ice cream at the end.)

Clapping_zps00af8d6e.gif

Bravo, OP, Bravo!!! (especially the part about switching to ice cream at the end)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    non-food edibles

What does this term mean?

Those edible things found in processed foods, that are not found in nature.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

ha ha You fall under my category of I eat candy every day
    :drinker: I try!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm only jealous because I only had 1400 calories to enjoy on candy once I hit my macros. Only made it through 700 though before I got bored ...

I got bored too, hence the ice cream.

I would have to, if I wasn't lactose intolerant. Forgot I had poptarts in the house though :(
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    See, I can kind of get irritation at people who insist that you must "eat clean" to be successful at health and life, and persons who eat processed foods of any form are going to die painful deaths from stupidity and chocolate cake. I get it, it's annoying...rage on.

I don't understand needlessly looking for an argument. That's what this is. Why? Isn't eating copious amounts of ice cream and stealing candy from children enough of a win already?
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Your diary is the stuff dreams are made of. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Even for non-diabetics blood sugars over 140 can cause damage. That is the main reason to avoid sugar binges, persistent high blood sugar can do all kinds of nastiness in the body...

If a person is not diabetic blood sugar may rise to 140 but won't stay there for a significant time. Non diabetics have a functioning pancreas that will increase insulin output to process carbs (sugar). And it all happens naturally...amazing!
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    See, I can kind of get irritation at people who insist that you must "eat clean" to be successful at health and life, and persons who eat processed foods of any form are going to die painful deaths from stupidity and chocolate cake. I get it, it's annoying...rage on.

I don't understand needlessly looking for an argument. That's what this is. Why? Isn't eating copious amounts of ice cream and stealing candy from children enough of a win already?

Remember, you're talking about individuals that can amuse themselves with endless gifs of kittens.
  • jonnythan
    Options

The "clean eaters" need to justify their choices somehow. Depriving yourself of delicious ice cream and candy while watching other people eat it and succeed in spades can make you a little envious.