So...what HAVE you stopped eating?

Options

Replies

• bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Fast food and I am super happy about it :)
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bad/mediocre pizza (occasionally the pizza hut pan gets above "mediocre" but not often)

bagels/muffins - because they have the nutritional profile of donuts/cupcakes and aren't frosted/iced/creme filled

bad/mediocre french fries - double blanched and/or battered only

gas station "cappuccino" drinks - used to pound a 20 oz for 400 calories every morning that i stopped for gas
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have stopped eating cookies, chips, candy, fast food, fried food and processed food as much as possible. I try to eat small portions of the foods I do eat. I have not been successful in giving up pop, its the one vice I've kept, although I'm working on it.

Its not that I will never have those foods again, cause I have and I will. Its just that I'm not willing to mess up my calorie counts or my macros in order to have them. I find I feel better, have more energy and I'm losing weight by doing this. It works for me.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've stopped drinking 1-2 20oz bottles of pop daily. I now only have pop once or twice a week, because I realized that the 300 calories in the bottle of mountain dew could be better 'spent' on something much more enjoyable
  • aproctor1120
    Options
    I don't visit fast food restaurants. At all.

Ditto. The smell they pump out of McDonalds etc makes me wonder wtf. It used to make me think "Yum!" Nowadays, it just smells chemically.

AMEN! I no longer have the urge to spend money on mediocre food prepared (mostly) by teenagers who don't give a crap.
  • melonydw
    melonydw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Takeout coffee, the cream was a killer! Granulated sugar (mostly), and less carbs. But i haven't 100% cut anything out, just using proper portions and making better decisions. And virtually no takeout food. Occasionally is ok but the realization that I have to work harder to burn it off is enough to make me not want it, and when I do I go for the "healthier" option.
  • shawnp80134
    Options
    Soda and fast food, great thing is, now I don't even like them, to many other better things to have!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Regualar Soda for the most part. I will still have one occasionally if I'm having one of my days that I don't feel like eating enough. Oh honey buns... completely give up honey buns.. and Cream cheese filled croissants :sad: i miss those
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Nothing but I have cut back. Let's just say I eat a whole lot less spicy Doritos and Coke but I haven't given either up :)
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Fast food and Dr.Pepper.
  • starrycarina
    Options
    No pasta and no fast food if at all possible. There are occasional slip ups.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cinnabuns. When I did Weight Watchers, they were 16 points so I never had them.

I was stuck in an airport for eight hours one day and decided to treat myself and it did not taste as good as I remembered. SO not worth the calories.

But anything I truly enjoy, I will make room for at least every once in a while.
  • FrankieBenjamin
    FrankieBenjamin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not stopped eating anything, like my food and wouldnt stick to being 'good' if I had to give up too much.
    Massively cut down on cheese, pasta, bread, alcohol and portion sizes though.
  • GBPack93
    Options
    Soda, mayo, dressings, butter, things that don't fill you up or add very little but pack a lot of calories. I'd rather not eat that kind of stuff and eat ice cream or something.
  • sparklegirl59
    sparklegirl59 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Diet Pop
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    'White' foods (non-wholewheat or grain bread, pasta, rice etc). Was never really into fast food anyway but I don't eat that either. Actually, bread in general - I love it but it's so easy to eat half a loaf + butter if there's a toaster involved.

Edit: I keep thinking of things I cut down on since I moved. Big switch over to skimmed milk, olive spread instead of 'real' butter...simply because I'm buying my own food and I'm more likely to make lower-calorie choices if I'm buying it myself.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Juice, I guess it's not a NEVER anymore juice ever, thing, but. I rarely drink juice now. If I use all those calories on juice! I will have trouble hitting my protein macros while staying with my calorie goal
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Dairy and Cheese
  • madaboutmitch
    Options
    I have stopped eating the foods that I can't control myself with- Doritos, popcorn, chips and queso.....
  • sabur
    sabur Posts: 13
    Options
    Pretty much anything from our nasty cafeteria that I don't know the nutrition facts of...